ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
You all SUCK.......

Old 03-13-2012, 12:41 PM
koolchange
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the immortal words of Max Smart -- "Sorry Chief". Tell you what bring yourself home vertical and you can operate the Bow of my boat all day long on Lanier if you want. You choose the day I will make sure I am in town and will even take a day off if needed.

KC

Old 03-13-2012, 01:59 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Kool,
I might have to take you up on that. My unit is in Atlanta so I am up that way one weekend a month. Won't be home for good till October.

I posted some pics in my album, No pics of my truck yet. Sorry.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:11 PM
koolchange
Senior User
Ok, We have pictures uploaded I think. The Yeller is the before and the Blue is the after.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:33 AM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by koolchange
Ok, We have pictures uploaded I think. The Yeller is the before and the Blue is the after.
That's a nice looking truck. Who did the paint?

Old 03-15-2012, 10:06 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
That is awesome, Can't wait to get home and start working on mine.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:34 PM
koolchange
Senior User
Believe it or not Maaco in Gainesville did the paint. I tipped the shooter 200.00 in advance. I have a couple of spots that they will fix pretty soon. The interior and Jams were painted by the handsome young man in the before pix. He did it with rattle cans and changed the color from Baby Poop yellow to white. 3 coats of white and then color sanded and clear sealed 2 coats. It would have been a cool project to do a thread on, but I did not find this site until well after we were done.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

KC

Old 03-16-2012, 08:19 AM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Believe it or not Maaco in Gainesville did the paint. I tipped the shooter 200.00 in advance.
I had mine painted by Maaco once, never again. They did an OK job, nothing to write home about. It didn't last five years. I'm thinking that I could do just as good of a job myself. So, this time, I am.

Oh, I almost forgot, i hope everyone is having a Fantastic Friday.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:34 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Doing good here,
We went to 2 camps today and re-dispatched trucks. We did not get killed by the non driving locals. Traffic laws are a sugestion here in Kosovo. Taking a break for working out at the gym today and tomorrow becuase I am running in a 5K fun run on sunday for St Pattys day. The sun is out and it has to be in the low 60's and we are loving it.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:51 AM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by ChiefM
Doing good here,
The sun is out and it has to be in the low 60's and we are loving it.
Good for you, hope you are enjoying it. It's going to be in the 80's here today.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:11 AM
koolchange
Senior User
I hear you Grub about Maaco. I weighed the decision like this. The shop I wanted quoted $5300.00, and the Maaco job ended up $1100.00. I have so many other things I need to do to my little Barn find and it is intended to be my 16 yr old's Date Night Driver (new category). My guess is I will be painting this bad boy again.

Cheif: May the road rise to meet you. (a blessing from this old Irishmen). I tried that marathon thing years ago, but I found that the Ice Cubes kept flying out of my Crown. That is alcohol abuse.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:22 AM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
I hear you Grub about Maaco. I weighed the decision like this. The shop I wanted quoted $5300.00, and the Maaco job ended up $1100.00.
I can tell you that they offered a sale price, less than $500 as I recall. The shop that just did my rust repair gave me a $5000 price. I'm willing to give it a shot myself. What's the worst that can happen? I end up with a really crappy paint job and have to take it somewhere else to have them fix my screw-up. So far, while spraying my primer, I really haven't had any bad issues, other than the cheap Harbor Freight guns that I am using, and the fact that I am having to do it outside. I figure if people on here are rolling their paint on and getting a somewhat OK job, then how hard can it be. I think most of the cost is in the labor, that gives me more money to practice with.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:42 AM
koolchange
Senior User
You are more talented than I am for sure. I do not have a garage so everything we do it is a matter of laying in the Gravel driveway. Just doing the little bit of primer work out there seemed like every bug in 3 states wanted to come and stick themselves to our truck. I will give them another chance this weekend, when I prime the hood of the Bronco.

Can anyone answer me how Ford forgot how to make paint stick to a hood in the early 90's?

Old 03-16-2012, 10:00 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by Grubbworm
How hard can it be??
Thats right up there with hold my beer and watch this.

Thanks Kool for the blessing, I am not a runner but I have an Army school in February and have to keep inshape. Running just kills my knees. I am 47 and trying to keep up in a young mans game. .

I sure do miss the Georgia weather.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:06 AM
koolchange
Senior User
Chief: My hat is off to you. I only have 6 years on you, but If I had to run any further than 50 yards a bayonet team would have to be assembled for inspiration.

Quick Reply: Welcome to March Chat Thread