CNG F 350 7.5 DRW

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 11:35 PM
nitrogen
Cargo Master
Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts
it may cost some money to refurbish that home compressor station, but keep in mind that you are compressing a highly flammable gas. if it leaks or fails, all that will be left of your home and family is a smoking hole in the ground.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:01 AM
baddad457
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by nitrogen
it may cost some money to refurbish that home compressor station, but keep in mind that you are compressing a highly flammable gas. if it leaks or fails, all that will be left of your home and family is a smoking hole in the ground.
Natural gas has been used in homes for decades now, so I guess using your logic, we should all stop ? We use electricity too, if there's a short in the wiring, your house can also burn down, so we should stop using electricity too ? There are dangers to everything you do in life, it would get mighty dull if all we did was sit still and did nothing til we died..........................oh, wait! if we did that we could DIE !!!!!!

Old 05-27-2012, 10:05 AM
Papa Tiger
Fleet Owner
Received 3,435 Likes on 2,350 Posts
Natural gas for home heating, power generation and large city Bus fleets makes sense to me. Trying to do it in millions of cars just doesn't make much sense. It's simply just too hard to handle. At the industrial level the compressors have to be constantly maintained, serviced and worn parts replaced. The high PSI involved is very hard on the final stages of the pumps, and filling station problems with couplings are always damaged. LPG power to Industrial equipment is the perfect example. A business loads up a truck load of fuel tanks and deliveres them to Industrial users each shift. Very labor intensive. Industry is mostly converting over to rapid charging Electric vehicles. Go that way instead.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:25 AM
nitrogen
Cargo Master
Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts
Nothing wrong with natural gas for home heating I'm 44 and have used gas heat all my life. The problem come when unsupervised amateurs try to compress it. That is what "can" make it dangerous

Old 05-29-2012, 09:22 AM
jimandmandy
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by baddad457
Natural gas has been used in homes for decades now, so I guess using your logic, we should all stop ? We use electricity too, if there's a short in the wiring, your house can also burn down, so we should stop using electricity too ? There are dangers to everything you do in life, it would get mighty dull if all we did was sit still and did nothing til we died..........................oh, wait! if we did that we could DIE !!!!!!
The power company does not deliver 36,000 volts directly to your house, but transforms it down to 240 for safety. Natural gas at very low pressure for heating and cooking is not the same as 3000psi for fueling a vehicle.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Papa Tiger
Fleet Owner
Was reading today where a start up company can predict synthetic gasoline made from air will be cheaper than pump gasoline if someone will give em a wind generator for the electrical part.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:14 AM
redford
Received 1,596 Likes on 933 Posts
Originally Posted by baddad457
I'm looking for oil and gasoline prices to come down dramatically when two things happen: The first thing that needs to take place is to vote Obama out of office, along with all his anti-oil minions. Second, the price you're now paying for oil is financing the oil drilling boom in the Bakken and Eagle-Ford Shale formations in the Dakotas and S. Texas. As more oil drilling and production ramps up in oil shale(the Tuscaloosa shale drilling is just ramping up as I type this here in S.Louisiana), look for the prices to fall, just like they did in the past 6 years after the natural gas shale drilling took off. The low price you're paying now for CNG is a direct result of the boom in shale gas drilling. Prices have fallen from the $8-9 range down into the $2 range it is today.
Actually, if you read the news reports, the US is now exporting more oil than importing. It is not widely reported, the shift happened in the last 3-4 months. This is primarily due to the Bakken and Eagke-Ford shale.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:38 PM
J-Martinez
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update on our CNG Systems.

The Truck is getting three more MPG around town running on CNG.
It has more torque than on Gasoline and is much more quiet.

In fact now when driving around town I can hear the Power steering pump and the belts working. I can hear the break booster and a host of other new sounds that were drowned out by the engine on Gasoline.

The Octane rating for the CNG I buy from PG&E is 128 and that ends all the pings of the engine when under load.

I just got my first statement from PG&E and it was for $55.96 for 33 Gallons of CNG.

Over all the truck runs smoother and has more low end power and cost much less to operate than with gas.

I plan on doing a video tomorrow with the truck running on CNG and showing all the systems working.

Joe

Old 06-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Papa Tiger
Fleet Owner
Rolling on down the road, rolling, roll-N, roll-NNNNNNNNNN! LOL