Sponsored by: DP Tuner

dp tuner problems please help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 12:15 AM
Burke4344
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dp tuner problems please help!!!!

i bought a hpop stage 2 injectors and a f5 dp tuner and installed them and when i went to take the truck for a ride and when i steped on it going down the highway it felt slower than when i had the stock injectors in it so when i got to a red light i switched to the 120 hp tune and stepped on it it felt amazing was very fast and powerful it only feels like it can barely get out of its own way when its on 80 and modified stock. was wondering if anyone has any ideas or ever happened to anyone while i wait on a call back from jody from dp

Old 01-31-2012, 01:16 AM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Did you tell Jody about your injectors? And any other mods.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:21 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
A better question is: Did you call Jody and talk to him about your problem?

Stewart

Old 01-31-2012, 01:26 AM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
A better question is: Did you call Jody and talk to him about your problem?

Stewart
Originally Posted by Burke4344
...while i wait on a call back from jody from dp

I would say its a safe bet.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:37 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by A/Ox4
I would say its a safe bet.
Once again, my monthly reminder to STOP speed reading.

At least it's not a daily reminder anymore!

Stewart

Old 01-31-2012, 07:06 AM
DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
i bought a hpop stage 2 injectors and a f5 dp tuner and installed them and when i went to take the truck for a ride and when i steped on it going down the highway it felt slower than when i had the stock injectors in it so when i got to a red light i switched to the 120 hp tune and stepped on it it felt amazing was very fast and powerful it only feels like it can barely get out of its own way when its on 80 and modified stock. was wondering if anyone has any ideas or ever happened to anyone while i wait on a call back from jody from dp
Jody pulls some full for Stg 2's to make those two tunes more drivable and less smokey while on the highway. This keeps the EGT's lower as well. If you don't want this set up you can send it back and ask Jody to add some more fuel in those two tunes. Keep in mind these two tunes are not race tunes and is why the 120 feels the way it does over the 80. The 80 should be used for your daily driver tune. This is why Jody has it setup the way he does. I suggest driving the truck for a few days in the 80 and then come back and let us know how you like it. Going out and making full throttle runs is not the best way to test this tune.

On edit: this is no correlation, but have you done anything to the transmission? May consider it with the mods you have done. Is it auto or manual. Fill out a signature with a list of your mods. This will help us help you better.

Diane

Get Tuned! 828-221-0076 ext. 802
Become our Facebook Fan
Old 01-31-2012, 07:28 AM
just another truck
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DP-Tuner
Jody pulls some full for Stg 2's to make those two tunes more drivable and less smokey while on the highway. This keeps the EGT's lower as well. If you don't want this set up you can send it back and ask Jody to add some more fuel in those two tunes. Keep in mind these two tunes are not race tunes and is why the 120 feels the way it does over the 80. The 80 should be used for your daily driver tune. This is why Jody has it setup the way he does. I suggest driving the truck for a few days in the 80 and then come back and let us know how you like it. Going out and making full throttle runs is not the best way to test this tune.

Diane
What is that you say Diane....

oh hell, I thought that was the ONLY way to test the tunes.. live and learn...

By the way, Hello!!

Old 01-31-2012, 07:32 AM
DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by just another truck
What is that you say Diane....

oh hell, I thought that was the ONLY way to test the tunes.. live and learn...

By the way, Hello!!

Nope the 80 was never designed as a race tune. It will fall flat on its face when you hit the throttle hard. Keep that for the play tunes.

Become our Facebook Fan
Old 01-31-2012, 09:04 AM
Burke4344
Freshman User
Nope the 80 was never designed as a race tune. It will fall flat on its face when you hit the throttle hard. Keep that for the play tunes.
But should the 80 tune be worse than when the truck was stock Injectors and just a programmer

Old 01-31-2012, 09:47 AM
DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
But should the 80 tune be worse than when the truck was stock Injectors and just a programmer

What programmer? Most programmers are canned tunes. Stock trucks tend to love them. With modifications done,Yes, Jody tunes are different. Every case is treated differently. You do not want Stg 2's tuned to the max and then get on the highway and drive. You will most likely get a ticket for excessive smoke.

You stated in an email to me your truck is down and waiting on parts. I would get your truck back together and try the tunes again. Data log the 80 and send those logs to Jody. He will not be able to tell you what is wrong without being at the truck or without these logs. You made a lot of changes to your truck all at once. The same tunes are on many trucks with no issues. We need to investigate all avenues before changing the tunes.

Diane

Become our Facebook Fan
Old 01-31-2012, 12:05 PM
DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
What programmer? Most programmers are canned tunes. Stock trucks tend to love them. With modifications done,Yes, Jody tunes are different. Every case is treated differently. You do not want Stg 2's tuned to the max and then get on the highway and drive. You will most likely get a ticket for excessive smoke.

You stated in an email to me your truck is down and waiting on parts. I would get your truck back together and try the tunes again. Data log the 80 and send those logs to Jody. He will not be able to tell you what is wrong without being at the truck or without these logs. You made a lot of changes to your truck all at once. The same tunes are on many trucks with no issues. We need to investigate all avenues before changing the tunes.

Diane

I may have interpreted your email as to say your truck is down NOW. Sorry about that it just how it read to me.

Jody is calling back customers. You are on his list to call back. If you cannot wait Please call Clay and discuss what is going on as well. James can also be reached at 423-709-8640. Together I am sure one of them can help you with what is going on.

Diane

Become our Facebook Fan
Old 01-31-2012, 12:20 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Must be the newer tunes, Diane? Because when I race at the track, my two-wheel drive truck has huge traction problems and I have to launch off-idle in my 80 tune and go WOT. I can't use my 120 or 140 tunes or I'll just sit there and spin.

Stewart

Old 01-31-2012, 12:24 PM
Burke4344
Freshman User
I may have interpreted your email as to say your truck is down NOW. Sorry about that it just how it read to me.

Jody is calling back customers. You are on his list to call back. If you cannot wait Please call Clay and discuss what is going on as well. James can also be reached at 423-709-8640. Together I am sure one of them can help you with what is going on.

Diane
Sorry that's why I hate computers it was in the shop waiting I got the parts put them in and just want some answers and hoping I don't have to shut it down for another period of time sorry for the mistake and I will wait for jodys call thanks for all your help

Old 01-31-2012, 12:34 PM
DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Must be the newer tunes, Diane? Because when I race at the track, my two-wheel drive truck has huge traction problems and I have to launch off-idle in my 80 tune and go WOT. I can't use my 120 or 140 tunes or I'll just sit there and spin.

Stewart

Jody does and has made some since your tunes were done. Live tuning is completely different and all tunes are set up to how you want to drive the truck. That's what Jody did for you. Purchased tunes changes were more so on the side of smoke in the daily tunes. The EPA is shunning us and so are some local government when it comes to excessive smoking in higher polpulated areas.

If it is not to anyones liking and you know for sure all is well with your truck you can send it back to get a little more fuel added. This is what I am trying to convey.

This needs to be consider, 3 things were done at the same time on the OP's truck. Several things could be contributing to this down on power feeling. One thing that comes to mind is the pressures from the pump. What are they? Datalogging needs to be done now to evaluate how it is performing. The Injectors need to be datalog to see how they are performing.

All this needs to be done. We can't just go by..."it is down on power" explanation.

Diane

Become our Facebook Fan
Old 01-31-2012, 07:26 PM
2000ca250
Posting Guru
How much have you driven it? I know when I changed out injectors the first few times I ran it hard it fell flat on its face. Took awhile to get the air out of the system. Once the air is out of the system, like mine is now, it flat out flies! give it some time, any time you make some large changes it takes awhile for the system to normalize again.

Quick Reply: dp tuner problems please help!!!!