6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

EXHAUST FLUID FAULT

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 08:18 PM
marchare011
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RACING1320
Here is a picture of it at the dealer, it was raining today so I did not drive it or load my junk from the 04 in it today.
I will take a picture tomorrow, will be sunny.

Window sticker
http://m.ford.com/windowsticker/?u=5...8W4DT5CEB76580

One thing I did notice which made me ask the salesman, When I stepped on it the boost gauge only went to 2 psi. Is this because I was towing a load? My 04 would go up past 2 psi. I have a Bully Dog monitor to plug into the port to monitor everything. I will try that tomorrow. I was a little baffled, if the truck has 800lbs of torque - where was it? LOL When I laid into it, I was not impressed with the power. I was thinking I was going to be thrown back. The bucket seats are like sitting your living room compared to my 2004.

Nice! I love my 1 ton dually.

There is a report of cycling the key seems to wake up the turbo. Perhaps she was still sleepin' when you drove er. Something doesn't sound right. I still love runnun' thru the gears on this thing. Two-thirds to three-quarters throttle seems to bring a bigger smile than full throttle. Don't know why.

Congrats again. BTW, what do you tow?

Old 04-18-2012, 08:47 PM
RACING1320
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by marchare011
Nice! I love my 1 ton dually.

There is a report of cycling the key seems to wake up the turbo. Perhaps she was still sleepin' when you drove er. Something doesn't sound right. I still love runnun' thru the gears on this thing. Two-thirds to three-quarters throttle seems to bring a bigger smile than full throttle. Don't know why.

Congrats again. BTW, what do you tow?
I tried different throttle positions and I was still not impressed. I am towing a 16,500 goose neck trailer with living quarters.
When I test drove the truck, the CEL was on. When I went to leave it was off. They said I could come in anytime to check it out.
I have a scanner, so I will check it out before the dealer has there hands in there. I have a feeling the dealer will never tell you the truth if it is something bad. LOL

Old 04-18-2012, 09:08 PM
marchare011
Posting Guru
I tried different throttle positions and I was still not impressed. I am towing a 16,500 goose neck trailer with living quarters.
When I test drove the truck, the CEL was on. When I went to leave it was off. They said I could come in anytime to check it out.
I have a scanner, so I will check it out before the dealer has there hands in there. I have a feeling the dealer will never tell you the truth if it is something bad. LOL

Well, hells bells. I hope you find out what's going on.

Only one time was I disappointed while towing my 5er. I was climbing Strawberry Hill, south of Deadwood, SD. Weighing in about 18k going up a 8% grade at about 50 mph. I didn't like the putzzy feeling so I mashed the throttle and it wouldn't even downshift. Just sat there and blubbered it's way up the hill. I was too freaked out trying to figure out what was going on, I should have downshifted it in manual mode. I'm thinking it was maybe in regen. Hard to tell with this thing unless you catch a whif of the exhaust or see the message on the screen.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:13 PM
WK15
More Turbo
Received 117 Likes on 75 Posts
Racing1320 very nice rig.

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...T5CEB76580&ref

It's a brute

Old 04-18-2012, 09:13 PM
RACING1320
Junior User
Well, hells bells. I hope you find out what's going on.

Only one time was I disappointed while towing my 5er. I was climbing Strawberry Hill, south of Deadwood, SD. Weighing in about 18k going up a 8% grade at about 50 mph. I didn't like the putzzy feeling so I mashed the throttle and it wouldn't even downshift. Just sat there and blubbered it's way up the hill. I was too freaked out trying to figure out what was going on, I should have downshifted it in manual mode. I'm thinking it was maybe in regen. Hard to tell with this thing unless you catch a whif of the exhaust or see the message on the screen.
Is your truck stock? How do you like it overall towing your trailer? Your in the same area as me with weight when I add everything for a trip.
Thanks

Old 04-18-2012, 09:16 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,101 Likes on 2,226 Posts
nice dually's guys. They look great!

Old 04-18-2012, 09:35 PM
marchare011
Posting Guru
Is your truck stock? How do you like it overall towing your trailer? Your in the same area as me with weight when I add everything for a trip.
Thanks

Yepr, all stock. I love hookin up the 5er and draggin it somewhere. The stability of the DRW is amazing. Really boosts your towing confidence. The power is awesome in my opinion. I traded in an 07 3/4 ton Crew cab Dury diesel I used to pull this same 5er and as far as power, I don't feel like I gave up anything. The Allison tranny was a lot smoooother shifting tho.

My two biggest complaints are the erratic tranny patterns and the shudder in the rear end when I have the 5er behind me. Dealer already put in a new third member, as per FOMOCO. That didn't help a bit. Will probably add a set of air bags eventually.

Mine is a job1, June 2010 build date. I bought it in Aug, 2010 and only have 18200 miles on it. I don't daily drive it much. Average about 1000 miles a month. Of that 18000, approx. 10000 of it is with a trailer behind it.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:00 AM
RACING1320
Junior User
Yepr, all stock. I love hookin up the 5er and draggin it somewhere. The stability of the DRW is amazing. Really boosts your towing confidence. The power is awesome in my opinion. I traded in an 07 3/4 ton Crew cab Dury diesel I used to pull this same 5er and as far as power, I don't feel like I gave up anything. The Allison tranny was a lot smoooother shifting tho.

My two biggest complaints are the erratic tranny patterns and the shudder in the rear end when I have the 5er behind me. Dealer already put in a new third member, as per FOMOCO. That didn't help a bit. Will probably add a set of air bags eventually.

Mine is a job1, June 2010 build date. I bought it in Aug, 2010 and only have 18200 miles on it. I don't daily drive it much. Average about 1000 miles a month. Of that 18000, approx. 10000 of it is with a trailer behind it.
With your weight, the air bags are needed or just for better comfort? I will not find out if I will need the air bags till next week. The alarm and Line x will be installed on Monday the hitch will will be on Wed. I was thinking of laying down some planks in the bed to rest the goose neck on to see if I will need the air bags. This way I can order them and have them sooner.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:01 AM
DrillbitTailor
Junior User
I am new to the fte forum so I really dont know what the protocol is but i feel like i need to raise this as tactfully as i can. This thread was a very informative thread on issues we are all encountering with diesel exhaust faults. It has now become a discussion on a new truck, air bags etc. Please dont take offense but this diminishes the value and retreivability of the def info. Can a moderator help me understand what proper protocol is?
Thanks

Old 04-19-2012, 10:34 AM
RACING1320
Junior User
No problem, how many posts were on here about my truck and air bags? As I am numerous forums and never had anyone bring this up about getting off topic. Not like we are talking about cooking food. I have left forums due to peoe that make comments like this. I have many things to say about a person like this but I will not open up a can of worms. Asking for a moderator to get involved means you could not leave a message first but had to ask for a moderator. This tells a lot about a person.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:39 AM
DrillbitTailor
Junior User
Sir
I said I was new and do not know the protocol. I tried to pose the question respectfully and not anger you. If suggesting a modetator reply wad some sort of escalation i did not know it. Please do not jump to judgement about what kind of person i am

Old 04-19-2012, 10:54 AM
RACING1320
Junior User
Originally Posted by DrillbitTailor
Sir
I said I was new and do not know the protocol. I tried to pose the question respectfully and not anger you. If suggesting a modetator reply wad some sort of escalation i did not know it. Please do not jump to judgement about what kind of person i am
I understand your question. I did not think it was a huge concern about what I was writing.

My point about me buying the truck is related to this thread. The DEF problem/issue did not discourage me from buying the truck. I felt that would be helpful to others that maybe constipating this as the deciding factor. Then after my statement that I did make the purchase, someone suggested that I post a picture to confirm the purchase. We would not want any fake/phonies on here. I also had the link for the window sticker on the thread.

I think calling the principal before attempting to suggest to those involved would be my first option.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:24 AM
myred1
Junior User

My 2011 drw is a May 10 build. It had rear shudder with my 5er for about the first 6k miles. It no longer shudders anymore for what ever reason.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:32 AM
2horses
Laughing Gas
Sounds like this DEF issue is primarily a concern with 2012's - wonder if they got a bad batch of parts to build them with? It would be interesting to check build dates on the ones having problems very early on.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:24 PM
blkout50
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
racing1320,
Best of luck on your new truck!

My truck has been plagued with DEF fault issues. If I had a "do over", I WOULD NOT buy this truck again.

2horses,
I think you are right that the DEF fault issues are with the 2012's. A guy I work with has a 2011 and has had zero problems.

On a side note, my national back ordered parts (NOx module and NOx sensor) showed up and were installed on Tuesday April 10th. Time will tell if these parts fix my truck's DEF fault issues

Quick Reply: EXHAUST FLUID FAULT