Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

climate control display not working

Old 01-25-2012, 01:21 AM
bigt3725
New User
bigt3725 is starting off with a positive reputation.
climate control display not working

Hello all I have a cc display not working. I have checked all fuses and relays under the dash. Everything looks normal. I have tried switching lights on off. Etc... Now last time this happen I took it in shop they said the switched a relay. Am I missing something else besides under the dash? I have checked them and switched them around to be certain.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:27 AM
BuiltFordTough!
Elder User
BuiltFordTough! has a great reputation on FTE.BuiltFordTough! has a great reputation on FTE.BuiltFordTough! has a great reputation on FTE.BuiltFordTough! has a great reputation on FTE.BuiltFordTough! has a great reputation on FTE.BuiltFordTough! has a great reputation on FTE.
If it turns out your display is bad I have one for sale in the car and truck parts

Old 01-25-2012, 12:24 PM
RobRoss
Posting Guru
RobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud ofRobRoss has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bigt3725 View Post
Hello all I have a cc display not working. I have checked all fuses and relays under the dash. Everything looks normal. I have tried switching lights on off. Etc... Now last time this happen I took it in shop they said the switched a relay. Am I missing something else besides under the dash? I have checked them and switched them around to be certain.

Is your truck a diesel? I had an 04 (owned it for 4.5 yrs) with EATC and periodically I would start the truck and have no EATC, drive for a while, shut off and it would work as normal on the restart. This seems to be common with 6.0L and EATC (from what I've read). I now have a V10 and EATC and in over 2 years of driving, I've never lost EATC.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Misky6.0
Post Fiend
Misky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by bigt3725 View Post
I've had this happen only once (in the 14 months I've owed it).
While driving I turned on the headlights (as others had suggested)
and that fixed mine - never happened again.
I have the 6.0 w/EATC climate control system.

This is my first Ford and I'm loving it!
The tiny things on my Ex PALE in comparison to all the paint/trim fitment/mechanical failures/issues that occured on EVERY GM
vehicle I've ever owned.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Treker58
Senior User
Treker58 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Treker58 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Had that happen on my past 06 6.0L F350, never found out what caused it, but I would pull out fuse 17 (I belive) leave it out for a few minutes, put it back in and things were fine

Old 01-26-2012, 11:45 AM
bigt3725
New User
Okay great. I'll try fuse 17.. does anyone know if there is a relay under the hood, that could cause it not to come on. Thanks

Old 01-26-2012, 11:46 AM
bigt3725
New User
Originally Posted by BuiltFordTough! View Post
If it turns out your display is bad I have one for sale in the car and truck parts
Okay thanks

Old 01-26-2012, 12:08 PM
Studawg
Thread Ender
Studawg is a name known to allStudawg is a name known to allStudawg is a name known to allStudawg is a name known to allStudawg is a name known to allStudawg is a name known to all
This happened to me recently and I searched on here and found out how to "fix" it. I dont remember exactly, but I think I cycled the key a few times, turned the lights to Auto and back a few times, and voila! Do some searching on here and look for it. It wasnt a fuse, or a relay, or the display itself. It was just some quirk and it hasnt done it again since. I dont think you need a new display.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Treker58
Senior User
Treker58 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Treker58 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Studawg View Post
It wasnt a fuse, or a relay, or the display itself. It was just some quirk and it hasnt done it again since. I dont think you need a new display.
My fuse wasn't blown, just looked in the manual and found that 17(I belive)was the fuse.Was at lowes when it happened, I decided to go in and get what I needed and would put the fuse back in when I came out and see what else it could be. When I put the fuse back in I started the truck and eveything was back to normal. Did it again later on, pulled the fuse put it back in and same results. Not sure what the problem was, computer overload

Old 01-26-2012, 01:27 PM
JaySVX
Posting Guru
JaySVX is a splendid one to beholdJaySVX is a splendid one to beholdJaySVX is a splendid one to beholdJaySVX is a splendid one to beholdJaySVX is a splendid one to beholdJaySVX is a splendid one to behold
Don't do anything yet. While hte truck is running, flip your lights to automatic then all the way over to on(manual) on the right, then back all the way to the left. Should fix it right away.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:37 PM
bigt3725
New User
Okay I have taken the dash apart and removed the CC Display. I used a circuit tester and found that the plug is getting power. There are 2 plugs that go in the back. I have only found power in one of them. Does anyone know if this sounds like it is the display since i got response to the circuit tester. Any info would be great.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:39 PM
bigt3725
New User
Do u still have the display. How much are u asking?

Old 02-08-2012, 01:53 PM
BuiltFordTough!
Elder User
BuiltFordTough! has a great reputation on FTE.BuiltFordTough! has a great reputation on FTE.BuiltFordTough! has a great reputation on FTE.BuiltFordTough! has a great reputation on FTE.BuiltFordTough! has a great reputation on FTE.BuiltFordTough! has a great reputation on FTE.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:11 PM
bigt3725
New User
Is this part number 2c3h18c612-ac

Old 02-08-2012, 02:12 PM
BuiltFordTough!
Elder User
yes 2C3H-18C612-AC

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: climate control display not working

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.