6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

A Dealership Tech Gets Taken By A Small "Shop"

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 11:59 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by dlibson
So if you don't work for a dealership your a scab? Hummm....

In this case yes I would call this guy a Scab I wouldnt say that about all independant shops though.

Once the Guy drug the truck down there in peices and had to be Bailed out Not to mention all the other parts he already threw at it He was in over his head for shure! The way I see it Once he took the truck to the dealer he should have just let the Dealer Fix it start to finish. At the Minimum if he wanted to work on this model of truck he sould at least have a repair manual from Ford.

Guys like this kinda give Yall a bad rap IMO

The only reason I thought the price should go up is Cuz M-chan could have been actully fixing something and making some money Im shure Fords not paying him to school a competitor. I guess thats wrong for me to think that just guys like this get to me I hate cleaning up someone else mess when there supposed to be a Professonal.

I just think theres a fine line here and that guy crossed it maybe Im just in a bad mood 2day

Old 01-24-2012, 12:44 AM
Unrealo4
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John Diem
Dealershipps set prices not wrenches.
Thanks Captin obvious, LOL seriously. But the higher ups would listen to a request like that from the wrenches I'm sure. I know if I feel like priceing needs to change at my job. I bring it up and the owner always agrees with me. I'm the one in the field.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:26 AM
m350
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
FORD needs honest techs m-chan68,,,like you,,,, and the other techs on here that take pride in doing the right thing,,and keeping us informed on 6.0 fixes,,,,Thank you for doing that !!

There are too many Idiots that get hired to do a techs Job,,,and Ford has there fare share of them,,,,my son and I looked at a 93' F-150 Flare side only 57 k miles,,,we did'nt buy it but my son's Buddy did, a couple weeks later,,,the owner was a Ford tech at a local Dealership,,,well he said he was a Tech,,,,,this Guy was NO TECH !! He put headers on the truck,,,with NO Gaskets,,,,bolts missing,,,trying to seal the exhaust leaks with some type of compound !!!,,,,Just do the Job the correct way,,,the First time,,,,Guys like this one,,,,Give Dealerships and Garage's a Bad name !!

Old 01-24-2012, 07:05 AM
ljutic ss
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BLADE35
LMFAO Right On

At minimum the Diagnostic Fee should have doubled

I guess I just see it Different than Most of you Guys

Being Honest is one thing

Bailing a SCAB CROOK out is another

I would have told him its a HPO problem But you wouldn't know exactly what it is till you got into it. And In ALL reality your Being Honest. There is No LIE there.

I have no Sympathy for a SCAB

Iv just seen to many Friends Loose there Homes,cars and everything they worked so hard for to SCABs that took there Job

I think yall don't know the meaning of the word "scab" The phrase scab was coined long before you were born, and it's meaning was a person who crossed a picket line during a organized labor strike against a company for the purpose of working.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:39 AM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Originally Posted by ljutic ss
I think yall don't know the meaning of the word "scab" The phrase scab was coined long before you were born, and it's meaning was a person who crossed a picket line during a organized labor strike against a company for the purpose of working.
Yes Iv heard this definition

But If the construction Feild it has a couple other meanings to

Like Union worker vs Non Union worker
Aperson that does Shoty work would also be a scab
Theres a couple more

Old 01-24-2012, 09:49 AM
m-chan68
Lead Driver

Received 229 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by BLADE35
In this case yes I would call this guy a Scab I wouldnt say that about all independant shops though.

Once the Guy drug the truck down there in peices and had to be Bailed out Not to mention all the other parts he already threw at it He was in over his head for shure! The way I see it Once he took the truck to the dealer he should have just let the Dealer Fix it start to finish. At the Minimum if he wanted to work on this model of truck he sould at least have a repair manual from Ford.

Guys like this kinda give Yall a bad rap IMO

The only reason I thought the price should go up is Cuz M-chan could have been actully fixing something and making some money Im shure Fords not paying him to school a competitor. I guess thats wrong for me to think that just guys like this get to me I hate cleaning up someone else mess when there supposed to be a Professonal.

I just think theres a fine line here and that guy crossed it maybe Im just in a bad mood 2day
DING DING DING!!!

EVERYTHING you posted above was EXACTLY the entire point of this thread. I knew SOMEONE would get it!!!

Old 01-24-2012, 11:02 AM
bodabdan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Do the right thing for the right reason and you can't go wrong. Of course there's nothing wrong with leaving a copy of your work order/invoice in the glove compartment for the owner to find and figure it out.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:17 AM
m-chan68
Lead Driver

Received 229 Likes on 165 Posts
Guys, it gets better. Apparently this shop "tried" not ONE, but TWO sets of eight injectors!!! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!! One would think that after putting in the first set of eight with the same issue present, that perhaps MAYBE that might not be problem. There's gotta be more to this story, but at this point, I'm not sure I have the patience to hear any more of it.

But hey, WTF would a low-life like me that works at a stealership know, right?

Old 01-24-2012, 12:54 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,098 Likes on 998 Posts
Does a "wrench" have the ability to make a "NOTE" in Oasis for that VIN? YOU aren't telling the owner, but if any OTHER dealer has this happen to them on the same vehicle, they'd be aware. I don't see where this would be wrong. It IS a Ford truck and you ARE the Ford dealership.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:15 PM
T diesel
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
There is nothing more satisfying than knowing you've done the right thing regardless of the circumstances.
This world NEEDS more honest people.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:34 PM
sammy77
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by m-chan68
Guys, it gets better. Apparently this shop "tried" not ONE, but TWO sets of eight injectors!!! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!! One would think that after putting in the first set of eight with the same issue present, that perhaps MAYBE that might not be problem. There's gotta be more to this story, but at this point, I'm not sure I have the patience to hear any more of it.

But hey, WTF would a low-life like me that works at a stealership know, right?

Holy Crap!! This story is getting better by the hour...lol

Old 01-24-2012, 03:49 PM
dlibson
Hotshot
Originally Posted by m-chan68
DING DING DING!!!

EVERYTHING you posted above was EXACTLY the entire point of this thread. I knew SOMEONE would get it!!!

I completely get it too, and agree. Just didn't like the way he worded certain things...

Obviously someone who does the same job twice expecting different results is a moron. If you can't figure the issue out, don't work on it. They either needed to bring it to you first to diagnose, or send it away.

I don't like people like that, or the Tires Pluses of the world that rip people off selling work they don't need. It pisses my off. I run my shop professionally and honestly. I don't sell work that's not needed and I don't charge for BS like this.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Powerstroke_wannabe
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Even, worse is that the owner will most likely start bad mouthing the 6.0 even though he went to an uniformed, unprofessional shop in the attempt to save a few bucks and only got a complete misdiagnosis and parts thrown at the problem without the problem getting fixed.

Regardless of where you take you vehicle for service, make sure they are knowledgeable about your particular vehicle and equipped to properly diagnosis the problem and fix it. You'll be much happier with the end result. And while you're at it, educate yourself on your vehicle so that you can hear BS coming at you and run the other way!

M-Chan, you did the right thing. You'll be rewarded somewhere down the road. Thank you and the other techs that help us all out on this forum by sharing your knowledge.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:10 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Originally Posted by dlibson
. Just didn't like the way he worded certain things...

And I apoligize I did not mean it the way you took it No Punt intended

I classified This Mechanic In Question a Scab for his Lack of Professinalism Not because he was an independant shop owner.

My Mom uses a Independant Shop for her stuff. The owner is one of the most Honest People out there. If He cant fix it for whatever reason be it a Lack of certain computer software or tool,or if its just something he doesnt normaly deal with He wont even waist His time or Her time. This Guy just simply says Take it to the Dealer Gives Her a Good Idea what She is up against so she knows what to expect. He is Straight Up with anyone that goes there and Beleive me this shop has people coming from all over. Iv seen 3 other shops in that same town that have come and gone. Honesty goes along way in my book!!

Old 01-24-2012, 09:43 PM
dlibson
Hotshot
No worries Benny. It's why I don't like people like that either. Gives us all, dealership or not, a bad name...

Quick Reply: A Dealership Tech Gets Taken By A Small "Shop"