fitting F250 2006 head into 2000 truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 03:01 PM
maxlazy
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fitting F250 2006 head into 2000 truck

Any help please....
I have a 2000 F250 and a buddy kindly donated his factory CD/radio from his 2006 F250.
Can anyone please offer some specific advice on squeezing it in? Issues are..
1) the new unit is slightly larger faceplate
2) the old unit fits with the springloaded coat-hanger release clips, but the new one seems to need to be bolted in place
3) wiring....i am sure I can buy a wiring adapter from crutchfield to adapt to the 2000 truck harness, but how do I connect to the new unit? is there such a thing as a reverse adapter that would plug into the new head unit (I could joint the wires up as needed)
4) any ideas about the wiring of the aux connector? i can't find that even on alldata.
many thanks clever people for any help with any of the above, or anything I have forgoten
CP

Old 07-17-2011, 09:57 AM
ItsMREMT
Senior User
Originally Posted by maxlazy
Any help please....
I have a 2000 F250 and a buddy kindly donated his factory CD/radio from his 2006 F250.
Can anyone please offer some specific advice on squeezing it in? Issues are..
1) the new unit is slightly larger faceplate CUT THE DASH I NEED PICTURES TO SAY WHAT IS NEEDED FOR SURE
2) the old unit fits with the springloaded coat-hanger release clips, but the new one seems to need to be bolted in place YEP YOU CAN GET A DOUBLE DIN INSTALL BRACKET FROM A CAR AUDIO STORE MAYBE BUT AGAIN NEED PICTURES
3) wiring....i am sure I can buy a wiring adapter from crutchfield to adapt to the 2000 truck harness, but how do I connect to the new unit? is there such a thing as a reverse adapter that would plug into the new head unit (I could joint the wires up as needed) NO YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO SPLICE YOUR MAIN HARNESS WHICH ISN'T THAT BAD IF YOU DO IT CORRECTLY
4) any ideas about the wiring of the aux connector? i can't find that even on alldata. NO YOU CAN'T MAKE THAT WORK IF IT DOESN'T COME WITH IT SINCE IT'S PART OF YOUR MAIN HARNESS AND NOT YOUR RADIO STUPID I KNOW BUT THERE IS AN AUX ADAPTER THAT BESTBUY SALES WHICH WILL GIVE YOUR STOCK RADIO THE AUX OPTION
many thanks clever people for any help with any of the above, or anything I have forgoten
CP
Not yelling just wanted you to see my answers from your questions and it was the easyier to type in caps considers im currently hanging upside down typing on my iPad lol but post pics and I can give you better answers

Old 07-18-2011, 05:31 PM
maxlazy
New User
Thanks much. Thant helps a lots. I can solder up the connections, now you have told me that is what i need to do; i just didn't want to be cutting wires when there was a $5 adapter somewhere.
My only worry is the "cutting the dash" part to get the double DIN adapter in. I will post some pics shortly - my son has taken the truck out of town a few days. I'll put a ruler in the pics so you can see my worry about where to cut the dash.
thanks again.

Old 07-19-2011, 02:10 PM
ItsMREMT
Senior User
np it's why we are here ps while your splicing and cutting see if this will fit

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

Old 08-10-2011, 11:33 PM
ty1
New User
Howdy! I am in the same shoes, sort of. Just picked up an 06 in dash 6 changer head, that I want to put into my 97 Econoline 250 class B RV. the van only has am/fm cassette and 4 speakers, no rear controls. Have not taken it out yet to check if it has the external amp harness too. I will keep you updated, and will mark this thread for info.
Ciao

Old 01-20-2012, 07:24 PM
excursiondude
Senior User
Originally Posted by ItsMREMT
Not yelling just wanted you to see my answers from your questions and it was the easyier to type in caps considers im currently hanging upside down typing on my iPad lol but post pics and I can give you better answers
Hello. do you know if I could install a 2006 radio in my 2002 excursion and still have my steering whell controls work? I have a crux beefe-24 bluetooth adapter that I would like to install in my ex but it has the new style plugs. Thanks for your time
Dave