Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

January Chat/All Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 10:50 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jgoodman6891
I dont care for football anymore. Watched around half the season when I went off to college & the USC or what ever game did it in for me.
I don't care for football past the collegiate level. I enjoy high school football, but since I'm out of state I don't get to watch/keep up with it as much as I would like. Starting next year it looks like I maybe attending allot of Jr. High games if the boy makes the team like he hopes.
In other news, we got a new dog today. Half Doberman & half Husky with a possibility of a bit of wolf.
When you say "we got a new dog"...does that mean the kids showed up with it?

Old 01-09-2012, 07:53 AM
mudder460
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, sold Mater over the weekend! Gave the guy all my parts so now my garage feels so empty! The good thing is he is going to finish the truck and keep me updated. I told him about to site so I would expect to see him pop up eventually. Now if I can sell my rims and lift kit I will be good to go!

Old 01-09-2012, 09:02 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Originally Posted by zhilton
When you say "we got a new dog"...does that mean the kids showed up with it?
Nah, we (wife & I ) went to Russellville for her. Just so Im clear, I claim only one kid on my taxes & none of my old flings have come around saying I have a kid with them.

Originally Posted by mudder460
Well, sold Mater over the weekend! Gave the guy all my parts so now my garage feels so empty! The good thing is he is going to finish the truck and keep me updated. I told him about to site so I would expect to see him pop up eventually. Now if I can sell my rims and lift kit I will be good to go!

Good & sad to hear. What sorta rims do you have?

Old 01-09-2012, 10:48 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Nah, we (wife & I ) went to Russellville for her. Just so Im clear, I claim only one kid on my taxes & none of my old flings have come around saying I have a kid with them.
I couldn't remember off the top of my head how many curtain climbers you had at the house. I could remember reference to such creatures at your homestead...the count eluded me.
It's a shame you weren't able to finish Mater before you had to sell it. But it sounds like he went to a good home I'll second the question on what spec the rims/tires are. I know a couple of folks looking for all-terrain items for their projects.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:48 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Originally Posted by zhilton
I couldn't remember off the top of my head how many curtain climbers you had at the house. I could remember reference to such creatures at your homestead...the count eluded me.

Curtain climbers..... I hate cats. I can deal with a tom cat outside killing mice, rats & what not but thats it. Count is one dog, 5 chicken, 2 goldfish, 1 suckerfish, wife & son.

Roxy:

Old 01-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Will P.
Senior User
Wow it has been busy! I'm glad things are sorta settling back down now. Maybe I can get my gas axe going and get some stuff cut up!

Old 01-11-2012, 09:24 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
I think he was talking about kids when he said curtain climbers, at least thats what came to mind for me

Old 01-12-2012, 05:14 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Good to see your still around & kicking Will. How's the power plant treating you these days? I love how the weather guessers say "no accumulation" when they put snow in the forecast but there's a couple of inches all over the place an the highway is covered in black ice. Can we say yeah haw boys & squirrels?
Curtain climbers..... I hate cats.
Are you kidding? I love cats, I just can't eat a whole one by myself.
Originally Posted by tojoski
I think he was talking about kids when he said curtain climbers, at least thats what came to mind for me
Exactly boss man Curtain climbers...aka tricycle motors or little ones. The other terms I've heard 'em called will get me a "time out" here on FTE.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:00 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Just one. I stopped there.

Smoked cat.... tuna fish in my live trap. Might set it Friday & cook Saturday.

We got enough "heavy mist" to get the concrete damp but the shop yard was still a dust bowl. Running a fork lift without a windshield with all that wind was killer last night. Atleast I didnt spend more than 10 minutes on it.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:14 PM
mudder460
Posting Guru
Yesh it sucks I Mater had to go but I'll get another one later on. The rims I have a M/T Sidebiters, 15x10" I'm wanting $600, that is what I paid for them.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:27 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
James, there's days I wish I would have learned my lesson and stopped with the first one. My mistake is I repeatedly asked the good Lord for understand of women; especially my wife. That's when my daughter came along. I don't ask for anything any more; I'm more than happy with what I've got.
Yesh it sucks I Mater had to go but I'll get another one later on. The rims I have a M/T Sidebiters, 15x10" I'm wanting $600, that is what I paid for them.
I forwarded that on to the MO chapter...a couple of guys up here are running late '70s Bronco and F-series. And they seem to have a thing for over-sized tires under 'em.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:41 PM
mudder460
Posting Guru
Well it is $600 for just the rims. I only have one of the swampers left, it is a 38.5x14.5x15 for $300, still has the nipples on it!

Old 01-13-2012, 09:54 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
DAMN!! Those would look sharp under my '94!! Thats also a really nice picture.

My dad was an only child, I was til I was 14 (mom popped out one. I also heard through the grapevine that she may have popped another out in the early 90s). Been around big family for years one way or another & saw how they act when something happens or get togethers. I was probably 18 or 19 when I decided I only wanted one. Give him everything I could (not spoon feeding like ALOT of people do today) & try to get him to be a decent person later in life.

Anyway.... Ive been thinking about what direction I want to go with my F100. Instead of dumping a ton of money in it to have a go fast toy just find a mid 80s - early 90s F250 or 350 single wheel, diesel & auto (So I can use that auto/tilt column I have put up), cut the frame down to 117" wheelbase & make a nice cruiser out of it. Keep it simple, maybe (probably) lower it some & enjoy it.

That leads to this. Ive told a couple people keep an eye out for the older Ford diesels for me, for both parts & projects. Gary called me the other day & sent me this picture.

89 f350, 7.3/5spd 12' utility bed 250k miles $1500. Thinking about going & looking at it today but not sure. If my 1ton was closer to being paid off I would talk the fella down for sure. If anyone is interested I can get the fellas number. He is just south of Ozark in Web City.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:04 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
******* me just remembered Im trying to sell an 82 f250.... lets hope I can find the flyer I made some time ago & he would want to trade.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:30 PM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Was looking through my pictures & found this one. Given she is in parts I love the stance. It was back in May 2011 right before I sold it. Was taken the night we stripped it. Entire front suspension is in a pile & frame rails are on the axle housing.

Quick Reply: January Chat/All Topic Thread