1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Box Style Ford Trucks

Sold my blazer, lets work on the fridge!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 01:13 PM
Free55
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sold my blazer, lets work on the fridge!

Ok guys, so I sold my blazer which means I'm riding my bike. Now I have a few bucks to update the old fridge. Has anyone here used the CPP front disc conversion kit and engine mounts? I have a 302 that's going in the truck.

Also I've read and seen tons of pics regarding the tank relocation. But I've only seen one pic of the actual bed on the truck. Has anyone done the gas filler behind the license plate? I kind of miss that from the giant car I use to drive back in the day. I do intend to use the 22 gal. mustang tank.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:19 PM
spurredon
Fleet Owner

Received 614 Likes on 551 Posts
You Darksiders are gonna have to help this fella out. I can't help him with a ten foot "NOS", pole!

Old 12-14-2011, 07:18 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
But I have to admit the flip down license plate on my dad's '65 impala was way cool......... Oh, and put a piece of heavy wall steel tubing aft of the tank so you don't re-invent the pinto!

Old 12-14-2011, 08:06 PM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist

Received 289 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by GB SISSON
........ Oh, and put a piece of heavy wall steel tubing aft of the tank so you don't re-invent the pinto!
Oh, the horror.......

Old 12-14-2011, 09:57 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
The horror of the firey crash, or the flip down license plate?

Old 12-15-2011, 06:49 AM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist

Received 289 Likes on 199 Posts
The horror of the Pinto!

Old 12-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Free55
Freshman User
I have the heavy duty bumper which should help out. As much as I would like to keep it as much original, those front drums are not for me. Any suggestions on the brakes?

Old 12-15-2011, 05:23 PM
spurredon
Fleet Owner

Originally Posted by ibuzzard
The horror of the Pinto!
My buddy's son just picked up a '77 Pinto this summer. The thing "looks", cool. It is a white hatch back with red stripes. It even has the red and white theme carried thruoghout the seats and interior. It is very "Mod"! Really made me smile to look at it. However, I sure don't want to turn my good 'ol Fridge into one. Why can't people accept us for who we are?

Old 12-15-2011, 10:19 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
I dont even want to go there about who 'we are'. We leave on a 300 mile family trip at 5 am in an old united states postal service stepvan with a 6.2 of all diesels over a mountain pass. we put an old couch in the back for the extra family. At 58 you think I would know better. It hasd an awesome heater. Life is indeed GOOD!

Old 12-15-2011, 11:08 PM
Buzz44
Posting Guru
I hope it has a good heater. Its a little cool over here these days. Sounds like an interesting driver are you going to be anywhere near Spokane. I dont see that particular vehical listed in your bio of trucks. Are you delivering the mail for the USPO these days. Im betting all mailmen or women want a couch in the back of their trucks. Im thinking a fridge would be good too. Have fun over here let me know when your on the road and Ill stay off. You west siders arent known for your expertise in snow driving. Have a Merry Christmas.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Free55
Freshman User
What's up with this forum? I thought we were to help each other? It's just a freaking gas tank. Just for the record, people die everyday in brand new fancy cars and trucks.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:28 PM
spurredon
Fleet Owner

Originally Posted by Free55
What's up with this forum? I thought we were to help each other? It's just a freaking gas tank. Just for the record, people die everyday in brand new fancy cars and trucks.
This might be a bit of an over reaction! Of course folks can fix their own trucks anyway that suits them. That dosen't mean that everyone else must approve. And while we don't all enjoy custom mods, we sure can appreciate the craftmanship that goes into them. There isn't anything wrong with this forum that I can see. There has been a lot of info shared in the short time it has been it's own group. There has been a lot of discussion about lowering trucks etc... with folks getting much needed advise. Contrasting opinions on trucks and every other aspect of life is one of the things that helped make this country great.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Free55
Freshman User
Agreed!!!!

Old 12-19-2011, 04:15 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
I also agree that we seem to get off topic sometimes. Sorry, you'll have to excuse me as I live 1/2 mile up a dirt road on the side of a mountain, 12 miles from the nearest town, on an island pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Of the few people that stop by to visit, only a handful like old trucks and of them I'd say about 100 percent of them are chevy guys. In case nobody noticed, I like to visit with old ford guys on just about any subject, just because now I can! I wish I could have been of some actual help with your brakes, but I'm and old drum brake guy and I keep them well adjusted(even if I'm not) and they have always stopped me just fine. I agree if I added a bunch of HP, I might have to upgrade my brake stuff. As for being off topic, it's an ex postal service stepvan we use for cabinet and furniture deliveries. If we'd had ANYTHING else with a back seat we'd have taken it!

Attached Images   
Old 12-19-2011, 10:42 PM
Buzz44
Posting Guru
That works tommy lift for the rear patio and an icechest. The icechest is almost as good as a refer.

Quick Reply: Sold my blazer, lets work on the fridge!