Sponsored by:

New Excursion owner!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 06:26 PM
extrude pwn3d
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Excursion owner!

Hey guys! I'm proud to say I finally purchased a 2004 Excursion 6.0L Diesel on Saturday. I've been wanting one and drooling over them for 10 years since I took one to prom in 2001. I saw this one online last Thursday, then checked it out Saturday to see that it was in absolutely perfect showroom condition and even smelled factory new. Monday night I went back and brought it home. I LOVE THIS THING!!! It appears to be fully loaded, only has 69,900 on the ticker and has a bunch of awesome extras like helper air springs in the back with a controller, trailer brake control, KC ram bar with lights, and a couple other light suspension upgrades. I got a 5/70,000 warranty with it that covers every last nut and bolt too. Here's a couple of crappy cell pics I took on Saturday.

Sooo, I keep hearing things about headstuds and EGR deletes. I know the deal behind the head studs, but is this primarily only for modded trucks or bone stock too? And whats the story on the EGR delete? I haven't done any searching just yet, so I'm sure these are some of the more common newb questions, so please forgive me. If you guys could direct me to the end-all-be-all thread covering each of those if such exists, that would be great too.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:45 PM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice truck! Congrats!

And while not in the F-250/350 factory location, you've already got the PSD badges on there too!!!

Old 12-15-2011, 06:48 PM
extrude pwn3d
New User
Yeah, I was actually wondering about that. I was sure the rear one wasn't factory, but I really like it there.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:00 PM
njneer1
Posting Guru

None are factory......Welcome to the excursionhood !

Old 12-15-2011, 08:28 PM
hardRESET
Why yes, it is that big..

Exclamation Oh yeah, fresh meat...

That is a good looking EX, congratulations on your new purchase. Sounds like you have some nice mods already, but...

Check out the 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel forum and this particular thread, it should help you out a lot. Then search, and when you get frustrated, start a thread. Even though we may have said it once, we like saying it again...

Old 12-15-2011, 08:57 PM
809taino
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice truck dude. Looks great. Congrats. Mine turned a month old 2 days ago and I love it. Enjoy it and keep us posted on how she does. See you around

Old 12-15-2011, 09:51 PM
extrude pwn3d
New User
Thanks a lot guys for the suggestions!!! I've been on the Grand Prix boards for 10 years so I know how the newb questions can get annoying, but thanks for understanding!

Old 12-15-2011, 10:50 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 931 Likes on 679 Posts
Welcome and Congrats, nice Ex.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:14 PM
809taino
Elder User
Originally Posted by extrude pwn3d
Hey guys! I'm proud to say I finally purchased a 2004 Excursion 6.0L Diesel on Saturday.

Hey quick question. Yours is actually the first I've seen with what appears to be a stock black grill and bumper. Is the bumper plastic or metal?

Old 12-15-2011, 11:21 PM
extrude pwn3d
New User
Metal bumpers, painted. Not entirely sure if its factory or aftermarket painted.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:26 PM
Robuilt
Junior User
wow, thats awesome. May i ask how much you paid for it:?

Old 12-15-2011, 11:39 PM
809taino
Elder User
Looks like the previous owner took really good care of it. You must feel very proud and you should be. Im sure you look at it every chance you get.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:29 AM
extrude pwn3d
New User
Originally Posted by 809taino
Looks like the previous owner took really good care of it. You must feel very proud and you should be. Im sure you look at it every chance you get.
LOL! Do you know me???? Yes, I am impressed by how well the previous owner took care of it. The interior doesn't have an ounce of wear to it either. I'm still kind of shocked that this thing belongs to me and I'm distracted all day at work wanting to drive it again.

I got it for 24,750 which was dead on KBB (without the extra goodies) but this dealership wouldn't budge. I had to fight them to that price from 25,500. I was hoping to get it for under KBB value, but for what I got at that price, I'm pleased.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:34 AM
809taino
Elder User
I don't know you but I know how you feel. If you read my New excursion owner experience Thread you'll you'll see what I mean. I sometimes find my self going outside for no reason at all but to look at it and admire it as if Im not the owner. I know what you mean, sometimes I can't believe I own this thing. When I drive it I feel like I accomplished something to have this amazing truck. Im very picky about who touches it and sometimes i come out in the middle of the night when everyone is sleeping just to look at it some more. Im sure the neighbors think I may have lost my mind as many times they see me out their cleaning, vacuuming, wiping down. I must clean my running boards 4 times a day. I also wipe the bugs off the front even more times a day.

I must say, before owning this truck there wasn't a whole lot of excitement in my life. Now, I feel like a kid on Xmas with a new toy and a group of friends on this site. That's another thing. With the truck came this amazing site FTE. The guys here are very friendly and are eager to help out in any issue you may have. This is my first time being a member of a forum and I use this site more than any other social network out there. Hell I even use it on my Android when Im working. Have fun with it and snap as many pics as you can So you don't have to go outside as often.

Old 12-16-2011, 09:50 AM
extrude pwn3d
New User
Originally Posted by 809taino
I don't know you but I know how you feel. If you read my New excursion owner experience Thread you'll you'll see what I mean. I sometimes find my self going outside for no reason at all but to look at it and admire it as if Im not the owner. I know what you mean, sometimes I can't believe I own this thing. When I drive it I feel like I accomplished something to have this amazing truck. Im very picky about who touches it and sometimes i come out in the middle of the night when everyone is sleeping just to look at it some more. Im sure the neighbors think I may have lost my mind as many times they see me out their cleaning, vacuuming, wiping down. I must clean my running boards 4 times a day. I also wipe the bugs off the front even more times a day.

I must say, before owning this truck there wasn't a whole lot of excitement in my life. Now, I feel like a kid on Xmas with a new toy and a group of friends on this site. That's another thing. With the truck came this amazing site FTE. The guys here are very friendly and are eager to help out in any issue you may have. This is my first time being a member of a forum and I use this site more than any other social network out there. Hell I even use it on my Android when Im working. Have fun with it and snap as many pics as you can So you don't have to go outside as often.
Holy cow man, that is a great story and a beautiful truck. Congratulations to you and the positive turn of events. Patience certainly pays off. This site has given me such a warm welcome and its clear to see why. I haven't even owned the truck for a week and I've had a slew of different emotions about it and feelings towards it. On Wednesday night, I kinda had this realization that so far, it has kind of seemed like a rental car. Not because it is a piece of crap like those that I have had, but rather because it smelled new, had all the modern creature comforts, and it was a completely different vehicle than what I'm used to driving. You can see in my "garage" the cars I own. Not that I don't like them, because I love those cars, I'm a HUGE Pontiac enthusiast and the VR-4 is the most fun car in the world to drive, but this was different. Since Wednesday however, and coming to the realization of why it feels different when I get into it, I think I've fallen even more in love with this truck. LOL. I can't really describe it, but its definitely a mix of excitement, pride, love, and so much more. I WANT TO GO CRUISING!

Quick Reply: New Excursion owner!