Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let the games begin!

Old 11-16-2011, 01:06 AM
LWW
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let the games begin!

This is replacing my Durango as the primary family truckster and to pull my race trailer!

33x12.5x17" wheels & tires

Banks Power Turbo, IC, Intake, 4" Exhaust, SpeedBrake & Programmer! Can't wait to get it on the Dynojet!

44 gallon fuel tank!

Holy **** Batman! 21.1mpg in a truck this size? Turbo Diesel FTW!

I've already got blacked out head lights and tail lights and am looking for a set of black original running boards, a good set of front and rear bumpers in all black, a black grill & grill guard. I'm going for the complete black-out treatment. It's getting named the "Death Star"!

I'm driving the family to Disneyland this weekend. I can't wait to see what kind of fuel mileage I get after 6 hours on the I-5!

I'm picking it up from my friends Mobile Audio/Video shop getting the full treatment. I'm normally not a "crazy" A/V in the car guy, but he's doing it all for his cost of the equipment and free labor! This is not a quick hack job either. We pulled the factory DVD headliner "inset" down to use as a template and custom built a new box for the integrated 14" DVD/LCD roof mount and wrapped it in the factory tan headliner material! This thing is looking awesome!

Pioneer double-din 7" DVD w/Blue Tooth, driver & passenger 9" Visor LCD's, 14" center roof mount DVD/LCD, 9" headrest LCDs in the 2nd row captains chairs and a backup camera w/remote hookup for my race trailer.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:12 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Sweet score!

Make sure and post interior pics after that major AV install!

Originally Posted by LWW
44 gallon fuel tank!

Just FYI, all Excursions have 44 gallon tanks. And the overhead is referred to as the Lie-o-meter because it's not usually very accurate, especially when the rig is running custom tunes.

Do the math by hand for an accurate MPG number.

Stewart

Old 11-16-2011, 08:21 AM
LWW
Elder User
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Sweet score!

Make sure and post interior pics after that major AV install!
Pics should be posted tonight!

Just FYI, all Excursions have 44 gallon tanks.
I know, for you veterans of the SuperDuty world this is nothing revelational, but after being range limited for the last 25 years of my driving career by wimpy 20gal fuel capacities that's frigging amazing, not to mention the shock to the wallet at each fill-up!

And the overhead is referred to as the lie-o-meter.
Do the math by hand for an accurate MPG number.

Stewart
I've read that several times and I'll be sure to use the pen and paper method to calculate the mileage on my 340 mile drive to Anaheim on Saturday.

Cheers!

Old 11-16-2011, 09:32 AM
simplyrob
Junior User
Very nice, that is a huge move up from your Durango!

Old 11-16-2011, 09:34 AM
TXtinct
You'll shoot your eye out

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on the new Death Star lord Vadar... Post up pics when you get it back.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by LWW
I've read that several times and I'll be sure to use the pen and paper method to calculate the mileage on my 340 mile drive to Anaheim on Saturday.

Cheers!
Where in Cali are you at?

Stewart

Old 11-16-2011, 05:41 PM
tims01
Elder User
welcome to the maddness

Old 11-17-2011, 12:14 PM
05Xdriver
Junior User
Running boards are tough to come by used. You can buy the black covers you need from the dealer for 300 bucks a side. Trust me, you would find them used in black.

Unless you got money to burn, don't go spending the dough on new/used bumpers. Go to a good body and have him paint them and the grill. The rear black bumper step cover and step are $120from the dealer. I did the same to my ex, it looks great and I love it.

If you haven't pulled the trigger on your stereo set up yet I've got a ken wood dnx 7100 am/fm/cd/DVD/gps/satellite unit w/iPod connetors I'll let you have for 400 bucks.
O5xd

Old 11-17-2011, 12:18 PM
05Xdriver
Junior User
Running boards are tough to come by used. You can buy the black covers you need from the dealer for 300 bucks a side. Trust me, you wouldn't find them used in black.

Unless you got money to burn, don't go spending the dough on new/used bumpers. Go to a good body guy and have him paint them and the grill. The rear black bumper step cover and step are $120from the dealer. I did the same to my ex, it looks great and I love it.

If you haven't pulled the trigger on your stereo set up yet I've got a ken wood dnx 7100 am/fm/cd/DVD/gps/satellite unit w/iPod connetors I'll let you have for 400 bucks.
O5xd

Old 11-17-2011, 12:21 PM
gr8scott72
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome. I too went from a Durango to an Excursion.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:01 PM
hardRESET
Why yes, it is that big..

Talking Suhweet...

Originally Posted by LWW
This is replacing my Durango as the primary family truckster and to pull my race trailer!

She sure is a perty one... liking all the Banks gear...

FYI, I calculate my mileage as well as compared to the Lie-O-Meter and they are almost dead on. I have the 6.0L PSD, I installed the MBRP 4" Turbo Back and a S&B Air Intake system, driving on the highway for 18 of an 22 mile round trip mostly and get 13.9mpg. So if you are getting 21mpg, god bless you...

Old 12-17-2011, 11:28 AM
LWW
Elder User
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Where in Cali are you at?

Stewart
I'm in the East Bay of San Francisco.

Mileage calculation's for the first "long" trip are in! After 714 miles round trip I clocked in 16.8 mpg with the Banks tuner set on the Economy tune!

I'm very happy with that given it was 2 trips over the Grape Vine pass into and out of LA and the cruise control was set at 70 mph. The truck barely noticed the grade going up the pass. The only thing I noticed was the boost gauge climbed up a couple more PSI!

Water, oil and trans temps were constant and well inside the safe zone. Of course it was the end of November so I wasn't terribly concerned.

Next trip is to Portland International Raceway! We'll see how she does with a full load pulling a race trailer!

Old 12-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Suburban_B_Gone
Postmaster
That is one beautiful tow rig. You are going to be very pleased with the upgrade.

Welcome aboard,

-JR

Old 12-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
very nice setup. 03 or 04?

as an aside, could you edit your first post and put each picture on it's own text line? Even with a big screen, I'm having to scroll over quite a bit. It makes veiwing your cool toy easier. thx

Old 12-17-2011, 12:35 PM
Suburban_B_Gone
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Tylus
very nice setup. 03 or 04?
It is a 2004 model.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Let the games begin!