6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

maybe a new 6.7

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Maxium4x4
Super Moderator
Received 3,392 Likes on 2,089 Posts
The forum is for information, good or bad, and we can all learn from it or look the other way. Vince is a Master Tech and is well informed of what we are seeing, Rick has been great sharing his experience. We can all learn and this is why FTE is here. I have to say, much milder than when the 6.0L was launched.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:18 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by srkr
Right... But everyone also needs to know about the bad dealer situation, also. So be fair on your bashing. When it comes down to it the original dealer stuck it to you!

I spoke with another dealer today, not my dealer, and they said if he woukd have brought it to us .. Basically no worries as long as you did the required maintance. Hind sight is 20/20 .. But not the cards you got delt.

There is no problem with these trucks on a mass factual majority!! Until then your "advice" is un warranted.

Shane
The problem is these dealers are Ford representatives. Yes, the first dealer made a mess out of the repair...but the bottom line is Ford decided to ignore the facts presented by a far more qualified diesel dealership and stick it to the customer. Ford had the ultimate say in the situation...and they decided one retail customer lost was worth far less than a potential political battle between dealers.

Hindsight is 20/20...and a whole bunch of 6.7 owners have had their vision greatly advanced...albeit at my expense. How many here are now running fuel additives because of my travails? How many have found out where their fuel separator actually is? Why does Ford have to shill their fuel additives and harp about draining the water separator monthly? What an amazing coincidence that Ford has published additional dealership tech information regarding fuel system problems..complete with a lecture on making sure the dealers understand how to avoid warranty coverage on fuel system repairs.

I will remain polite and factual in my replies...but I will not allow Ford to walk away from this travesty without voicing my concerns and the facts of how I was treated. I have no illusions that I can make a huge difference in Ford 6.7 sales...but if half the people who have told me they bought something else after hearing my story really did not buy a Ford, Ford has lost over 10 times the profit in sales that their lousy warranty policy would have cost them...and that pleases me...

Regards

Old 10-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
If I was Rick I would share my story just like this if someone asked about buying a new 6.7.
I've had many Ford trucks and I was thinking about a new 6.7 last fall, but not now. No way I would own one out of warranty and warranty doesn't seem to mean that much to Ford anyway.
No way a $10000 pump should fail and not be covered. Ford designed the system to sense water. If this fuel system is this fragile it should shut the engine down if there is any chance of damaging the fuel system. But that would be very inconvenient, not to mention dangerous.
But if the pump is this fragile I don't want one. I work my truck far from home. I need to know I can beat on it and fill up where ever I am and not worry about this type of failure.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:08 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Okay guys, I just removed another 7 posts. This is not a thread to again debate Rick's truck, but one to answer questions asked by a new member of FTE!

Let's get back to the subject at hand and show the OP a great first impression!

Old 10-27-2011, 10:16 PM
srkr
Cargo Master
Received 440 Likes on 192 Posts
Op... Buy the new 6.7 ..trust me you will have no worries and will be very pleased!

Ford hit a homerun with these trucks!!!

Shane

Old 10-27-2011, 11:13 PM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The 6.7 motor has some issues.
The first issue is...rapid acceleration. The 6.7 has the ability to launching an 8,000 lb. vehicle at an incredible rate of speed and give you the feeling of shock and awe.
The second issue is...towing capability. If you are going to be towing a trailer that is less that 6,000 lbs. you may forget it's attached to the truck, which can be very embarrassing if you are trying to parallel park.
The third issue...fuel mileage. Your new 4 ton truck traveling at 65 MPH can easily get over 20 MPG. This may give you the feeling that you are personally saving the planet. Not to worry, you are only saving money.

You've got to ask yourself, are you prepared to deal with these issues.
YMMV

-Gavin

Old 10-27-2011, 11:47 PM
maistroyoda
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tomahawk is right. The truck has major ***** and I personally got fuel mileage this summer at over 23 mpg on a roadtrip. And he has great taste in his color choice. (No I don't have stock)

Old 10-28-2011, 05:18 AM
grandlaker
New User
Crazy, Thank you!! I am new here but am well aware of Rick's situation and I am glad all that info is out there for me to process but enough already

Old 10-28-2011, 08:13 AM
Kep4
Jäger
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Maxium4x4
The forum is for information, good or bad, and we can all learn from it or look the other way. Vince is a Master Tech and is well informed of what we are seeing, Rick has been great sharing his experience. We can all learn and this is why FTE is here. I have to say, much milder than when the 6.0L was launched.
That's an understatement!

Yes, Vince (vloney) has always been most helpful with his insight and sharing of information in the 6.0 Forum and in this forum.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:45 AM
don.joyce59
Senior User
It seems to me the OP's problems were with items not related to the motor. If this is not a trolll, why would one want to get the same thing again.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:59 AM
dschuffert
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by don.joyce59
It seems to me the OP's problems were with items not related to the motor. If this is not a trolll, why would one want to get the same thing again.
The OP seems sincere and reasonable to me. I don't see any trolling going on.

Every person is different. I can relate to the OP and would probably do the same. It looks like he is getting the opportunity to move to a diesel power plant instead of the gasser via the lemon law. In addition to moving up to an F350 from the F250. Granted, the motivation is because of too many issues with the truck in general. If all F250s and F350s had the same issues and were known to be problematic, then I would also ask the question why. But I think the reverse is true with these trucks and the majority of the F250s and F350s are sound and there are some vehicles that are plagued with issues.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:19 AM
sgcbike
New User
Hey guys,

No worries here. 2011 F350 KingRanch w/ 27000mi. Nothing but oil changes! sweetest deisel ride ive owned!

Old 10-28-2011, 10:28 AM
sgcbike
New User
sorry crazy. wot happen again

Old 10-28-2011, 11:01 AM
NWF150
Junior User
I say thank you to Rick and all of the other FTE members who have been commenting on the issues they have had as my wife and I are looking into a New Diesel for her to drive to school and back. The forums on Ricks situation and others like it have been very informing for a person that may be looking to buy. I have gone to my local dealers and been researching the service departments and whatever else I can find out.

To sum it all up we will be probably doing paper work in the next few days on a 2011 if they will give us what we want for her Dodge Nitro. Hope I can post some pics of it as soon as we get it home.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:20 AM
rickatic
Postmaster
It is important to have a great dealer...I have one...the problem will arise if the truck fails further away from home than an owner can justify the expense of him having it towed to his dealer. Ford will only tow the truck 35 miles to an open dealership or a "safe" place. Safe place is undefined.

Although the initial conversation with the service writer at the first dealership was a bit disconcerting, I was treated with respect. They immediately started work on the truck and kept me posted on the progress. This would seem to the unsuspecting owner that the truck
was in good hands...and we all know how that turned out...

This dilemma is at the crux of my mission. No owner should have to be this concerned about the dealership that their $50000 truck gets towed to for warranty repairs. It's bad enough the truck broke down...now we are forced to play Russian roulette with the dealerships...unacceptable

Regards

Quick Reply: maybe a new 6.7