6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

The Official Bosch CP 4.2 HPFP failure thread.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 10:59 AM
NinerBikes
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Official Bosch CP 4.2 HPFP failure thread.

This is the OFFICIAL list of high pressure fuel pump failures for the Ford 6.7 common rail engines with the Bosch CP4.2 HPFP.

This engine has been featured in the 2011 2012 Ford model 250, 350, 450 ad 550 trucks.r This engine may have been featured in other vehicles in other markets. Though we do invite and encourage particpation from everyone worldwide, the primary audience of this forum is made up of people in the US and Canada. If your vehicle outside of the US or Canada with this engine has experienced a failure of the high pressure fuel pump, please share your experience and state what country you are posting from.

This is not a thread for discussion on this issue. It is merely a list and is to be used as a reference. Posts contaning anything BUT reports of a failure will be deleted.

Please use the following format when posting a failure incident:

Year:
Build Date:
Make/Model:
Tranny: DSG, 6M
Mileage: (actual miles at time of problem or when problem began)
Diesel Fuel Source: (Shell, Exxon, etc.)
Additives: (Yes/No)
Problem: (HPFP failed, fuel canister rusted, etc. Give as much factual data as you can.)
Dealer: (ex. SmokeAndMirrors Ford or FORD of Fallacy Idaho)
Status: (still pending, dealer fixed everything, resolved, dealer refused, paid out of pocket)

This is now the place to post if you personally have had a failure! Please use the "edit" function on your post if you wish to update your post with status of your repair. (i.e. You dropped it off, and then find out that Ford will be participating in the repair a few days after your initial post.) This thread is for reports of failures on vehicles for which you own. Please do not post "hearsay" reports - i.e. "my neighbor's car died." or "I saw a F350 at my dealership and the service manager says...." The posting of these types of expereinces only serves to challenge the integrity of this list.

This is not a thread for discusison on this issue. It is merely a list and is to be used as a reference. Posts contaning anything BUT reports of a failure WILL BE DELETED!!!!

Old 10-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
ON edit:

This is an information thread only, please post details if you experience a fuel pump failure here, and discuss it in another thread.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:28 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I will be complaint number one. Failed pump and Ford has unequivocally denied warranty coverage.

I hope this thread can remain within the guidelines of FTE. It could be a great help to all owners of these trucks.

Regards

Old 10-14-2011, 05:52 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Ive had one.
aprox 15k miles.
f550- tank of fuel was 80% water wif light on and stored in KAM.
fuel sorce was a remote mom & pop. fuel was bought shortly after it rained.
resolved.. customer pay.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:12 PM
NinerBikes
Senior User
Please, if you can, cut and paste this format below, and then fill in the blanks. The more information we have about straight fuel, additives, biodiesel, how the repair was handled, the dealership, the more we might be able to determine trends and prevention of failures and warranty service repairs going smoother for the owners. No one wants a down truck. With enough cases, an Excel spread sheet can then be set up, hence the consistent formatting.

Year:
Build Date:
Make/Model:
Mileage: (actual miles at time of problem or when problem began)
Diesel Fuel Source: (Shell, Exxon, etc.)
Additives: (Yes/No)
Problem: (HPFP failed, fuel canister rusted, etc. Give as much factual data as you can.)
Status: (still pending, dealer fixed everything, resolved, dealer refused, paid out of pocket)

Old 11-27-2016, 10:42 PM
Doug913
Senior User
Year: 2011
Build Date:
Make/Model: f350 superduty lariat
Mileage: (actual miles at time of problem or when problem began) 48xxx
Diesel Fuel Source: (Shell, Exxon, etc.) Name brand fuel stations
Additives: (Yes/No) no
Problem: (HPFP failed, fuel canister rusted, etc. Give as much factual data as you can.) Hpfp failure, p0087 & p21b0 codes
Status: (still pending, dealer fixed everything, resolved, dealer refused, paid out of pocket) pendin