Sponsored by:

Removable top bronco

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 02:11 PM
njneer1
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by greystreak92
The Bronco II was NOT a Bronco! It was produce by Ford DURING the production run of the Bronco model and therefore cannot be and is NOT a Bronco. It would be a disservice to relegate it to being a Bronco when in fact it is a unique model with a unique name "Bronco II". You cannot and will not find a "deuce" without the "II" unless some unscrupulous owner has emasculated it by lopping off its "II". You would not call a Bronco a Bronco II! So how do you justify lumping a Bronco II into the Bronco phylum?

Every Bronco ever made had a removable portion of the roof! By the same token, not one Bronco II ever made had ANY portion of the roof that was removable. This, if nothing else, distinguishes the two models as being unique unto themselves. (Steps down from soapbox, picks it up and stuffs under left arm. Turns and exists stage left. End of rant.)

Old 11-10-2011, 12:45 AM
khadma
Carpenter Local 745

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The Bronco II was NOT a Bronco! It was produce by Ford DURING the production run of the Bronco model and therefore cannot be and is NOT a Bronco. It would be a disservice to relegate it to being a Bronco when in fact it is a unique model with a unique name "Bronco II". You cannot and will not find a "deuce" without the "II" unless some unscrupulous owner has emasculated it by lopping off its "II". You would not call a Bronco a Bronco II! So how do you justify lumping a Bronco II into the Bronco phylum?

Every Bronco ever made had a removable portion of the roof! By the same token, not one Bronco II ever made had ANY portion of the roof that was removable. This, if nothing else, distinguishes the two models as being unique unto themselves. (Steps down from soapbox, picks it up and stuffs under left arm. Turns and exists stage left. End of rant.)
Re read my post, I did mention that the BII doesn't count anyway.

I just wrote the first part of my post to **** someone/anyone off

I am a FSB addict, nuff said.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Joseph69
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On this same note, Ford never made a 2 wheel drive Bronco, not so for the BroncoEyeEye. Or the Chebbie Blazer 2 wheel drives. Ugh.
X2 on the BroncoEyeEye not being a 'Bronco' just a messed up short Ranger.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Miketnf150
Senior User
This is my 95. When the top is on I only put 6 of the bolts back in, 4 on the bottom rail and then 2 up top on the front of the top. I can have the top off and hanging in the garage in about 10-15 minutes.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Zip
FTE Legend
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by Miketnf150
This is my 95. When the top is on I only put 6 of the bolts back in, 4 on the bottom rail and then 2 up top on the front of the top. I can have the top off and hanging in the garage in about 10-15 minutes.

That thing is sweet.

Can I have it.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:43 PM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by khadma
Re read my post, I did mention that the BII doesn't count anyway.

I just wrote the first part of my post to **** someone/anyone off

I am a FSB addict, nuff said.
khadma, kindred spirit, I did read it and I know all too well you are a FSB fanatic like me. I just took the opportunity to rant. I meant nothing by it.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:59 PM
khadma
Carpenter Local 745

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
khadma, kindred spirit, I did read it and I know all too well you are a FSB fanatic like me. I just took the opportunity to rant. I meant nothing by it.
It's all good my friend,

I like stirring up the pot once in a while.

Back to thread topic!

Old 11-25-2011, 11:50 PM
graflexmaster
Freshman User
Every spring around mid April I pop the top on the Bronco and it generally doesn't go back on till the first snow in the late fall........ My only other car that is topless year round (but is only driven spring/summer/fall) is my 66 Austin~Healey

Old 01-25-2012, 10:50 AM
Joseph69
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ x2 Bronco Eye Eyes are not Broncos.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:59 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I would pull my top off but my man ***** would be showing but really on my bronco if i ever get a good streak of sunny weather i could pull it off. I will eventually need to anyways to replace the clips and bolts. Plus i will have to get a few beauty pictures too.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:15 PM
dgabriele
Freshman User
I've taken the roof off before, but it's way too much of a hassle and I unfortunately don't have 4 strong men at my disposal to do it for me.

Have you tried/heard of/seen any soft tops that are worth the money and the effort? I already missed my chance to get a beach permit for the summer...my next option is topless.
What do you think?

Old 05-31-2012, 06:09 PM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Get a spare top and pull the glass. Cut a hole in the roof too if you want... I did! I run the top in the following pictures every summer. It weighs less than half what the OEM top does and it lets me keep my shoulder harness rear seat belts. (Anyone with a 92+ Bronco knows that removing the top basically renders the rear outboard seat belts useless).

To remove the top, you can pull the hardware then with the rear seat folded all the way up towards the back of the front seats you can get under it and walk it back off the bed with it balanced like a turtle shell on your back. It takes a little practice but I do it all the time. You still need at least one other person to assist with getting down from the bed rails after you have cleared the rear guide pins.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:32 PM
ManfredVonRichtofen
Postmaster
That's a pretty near idea.

If you have a new model Bronco with the seatbeat in the top then I would find an older Bronco that didn't and have all of the components put in the new model Bronco.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:55 PM
dgabriele
Freshman User
Get a spare top and pull the glass. Cut a hole in the roof too if you want... I did!
Woww that looks so hot! I would definitely want to do something like that. Safety is important and it's good to have that protection. I''m gonna need a new garage, but that's another issue haha. thanks for the idea...you've definitely given me something to think about.

Do you have any suggestions for painting/cleaning the OEM roof? Mine has all these white spots, I think the previous owner tried to wax it or something.
It looks like it's painted black but not with car paint. I don't mind it being matte but it needs to be updated.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:56 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Taking the top off is easy peas, i did it on my 78 recently. Imagine a picture somewhere in my post (can't post pics from my phone all too well) in my sig is a pic though. Also you can do it with 2 people. It is a bit more heavy and difficult but possible.

On the note of the seatbelts as manfred up there said go to a junkyard and steal the lap belts out of any older ford truck and replace your current belts while the top is off. Anyways i would love to do a top similar to both GS and the Zebra bronco owned by EdgeThis but i dont have any spare tops and our junkyard doesnt have much in my year.

Quick Reply: Removable top bronco