Sponsored by: DP Tuner

It never gets old...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 02:56 PM
Shake-N-Bake
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
It never gets old...

After a decade of driving Super Duty trucks, I have to say that is hasn't begun to get old yet. From time to time I drive something different for a few days (mostly because of work) and I always am glad when I get back to driving my truck. There must be something about the 7.3 engine in a Super Duty that I find comforting because it just feels like home to me.

Creeping up on 300,000 miles pretty soon and I have no desire for a different truck. I have driven the newer trucks but I don't like them as much, they are nice...but not the same. Not sure if that makes any sense or not...

When I first bought this truck I was hoping to get 250k miles out of it. That milestone has come and gone and I am still not ready to give up my truck. For me there is no reason to get anything different. My truck always starts, gets the job done and gets me home. What more can you ask for?

Am I the only one or are there others out there who share my thoughts?

Old 08-26-2011, 03:11 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Thats because its YOUR truck. You cant put a price tag on the connection we get to our trucks. I work out of my truck. It is my bed (between classes and jobs), my office, my personal daily driver and my work truck. Between all that I spend a LOT of time in it.

Sure... I would take the keys to a new or even newer F250. But this one is mine.

Originally Posted by U.S. Marines Rifle Creed
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.
Originally Posted by TreySpooner65
This is my truck. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My truck is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My truck, without me, is useless. Without my truck, I am useless.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:14 PM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Ditto what Greg said. Plus it has been paid for since 2003 and insurance is less then 600 a year, and registration is under 75 bucks. New truck means higher insurance costs and registration would be around 600 bucks, or more, the first year. Screw that.

Edit: With only 115K now it will still be running when I'm not.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:37 PM
empiretc
Lead Driver
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by gchavez
From time to time I drive something different for a few days ... and I always am glad when I get back to driving my truck.

AGREED!!!!!!

Old 08-26-2011, 03:41 PM
JOHN2001
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
My truck is loud, handles like crap, gets poor mileage, its a lot to maintain, it tends to know when I GET PAYED!! and its my baby at only 106400 miles and I will never get rid of it!!!!
After driving anything for more than a day or not driving it for a couple days I miss it. Its never left me stranded (Ive had to limp it home twice) Shes never left me in a perdicatment I couldnt get out of or threw.
I think its something about that sweet sound of reliability every time I turn the key... Never fails to start
And its quite the head turner my wife loves driving it as much or more than I do, in the snow shes willing to fight for the keys lol

Old 08-26-2011, 03:58 PM
WH90
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love mine to, raised it from the dead almost 4 years ago when i bought it, i redone everything on it and painted it im almost at 300,000 and refuse to buy another one unless its super cheap

Old 08-26-2011, 04:00 PM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by JOHN2001
My truck is loud, handles like crap, gets poor mileage, its a lot to maintain, it tends to know when I GET PAYED!! and its my baby at only 106400 miles and I will never get rid of it!!!!
lol
Johnny, best statement, i ever read..LMFAO

Old 08-26-2011, 04:03 PM
JOHN2001
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
You can use it in your signature lol it doesnt get anymore true

Old 08-26-2011, 04:07 PM
schlepprock250
Cargo Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
When you see that Quaker state commercial where the engine is running smooth and there's an oil connection with the guy driving,and his engine is running smooth too...that's me and my truck...

Old 08-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Shake-N-Bake
Post Fiend

Originally Posted by TreySpooner65
Thats because its YOUR truck. You cant put a price tag on the connection we get to our trucks. I work out of my truck. It is my bed (between classes and jobs), my office, my personal daily driver and my work truck. Between all that I spend a LOT of time in it.

Sure... I would take the keys to a new or even newer F250. But this one is mine.

Funny thing is that I actually turned down an offer from my employer to trade me for a newer truck back around Sept of 2008. I declined because it was a 6.0 liter model. I still don't regret that decision.

Originally Posted by JOHN2001
My truck is loud, handles like crap, gets poor mileage, its a lot to maintain, it tends to know when I GET PAYED!! ...
That is an awesome quote! I'll have to remember that.

Originally Posted by PaysonPSD
Ditto what Greg said. Plus it has been paid for since 2003 and insurance is less then 600 a year, and registration is under 75 bucks. New truck means higher insurance costs and registration would be around 600 bucks, or more, the first year. Screw that.

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me. My tags are due at the end of the month. I guess I better get emissions tested soon. Hazards of living in the city I guess...

I encounter several 2011 SDs each day on the way to work and we always notice each other's truck. They probably look at my truck and think to themselves..."my truck is newer.." I think to myself..."poor soul must have huge monthly payments..."

The only thing I really worry about is having my truck stolen or wrecked and then I'll HAVE to buy a new one. If that ever happens it will be a dark day for sure.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:43 PM
damons
Elder User
Only 115k ?

I thought your truck had tons on miles??

Old 08-26-2011, 05:14 PM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by gchavez
I guess I better get emissions tested soon. Hazards of living in the city I guess...
No emissions testing in Gila county YET. Doubt the county will ever have the population density to require it, but if it becomes a federal thing that's another story.

Originally Posted by damons
I thought your truck had tons on miles??
Nope. 115,037 to be exact. It had almost 47,000 when I bought it in 2002.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:25 PM
damons
Elder User
Aw, for some reason at Riffraff last year I thought it was you that had like 400k, I wonder who that was?

Old 08-26-2011, 05:35 PM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by damons
Aw, for some reason at Riffraff last year I thought it was you that had like 400k, I wonder who that was?
Not sure who that was.

In just over 8 years I have put about 71K on the truck. At a rate of about 9K a year by the time it hits 400k I will be 96 years old.

Like I said, "it will still be running when I'm not".

Old 08-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Shake-N-Bake
Post Fiend

Not sure who that was.

In just over 8 years I have put about 71K on the truck. At a rate of about 9K a year by the time it hits 400k I will be 96 years old.

Like I said, "it will still be running when I'm not".
If you need help putting miles on your truck then just give me a call. What are friends for, right?

Quick Reply: It never gets old...