Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

Who was There??????

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 06:50 PM
falconqueenD
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Who was There??????

I was there on Sunday, sporting the FTE T-shirt parked beside the 1947 Merc that won best in class.
You all shy or something, how am I supposed to find anybody ?
This is Arthur I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 08-21-2011, 09:39 PM
skidoodave
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was there on Saturday from about 10:30 to 1:30. They talked me into putting my 2010 screw into the show. I was parked in the center of the field 3rd from the end furthest from the entrance to get in. Saw the green bronco with the canvas top just before we left. I had another comitment I had to be at later that afternoon. Thought about going on Sunday again but the weather sucked. I bought a horn pad and my buddy picked up a set of headers for his mustang at the swap meet.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:13 AM
POPAJON
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was there on Sat morning looking for Rick. Found the Bronco and trailer but no Rick. I left a note for him and was going to come back on Sunday but it was raining so hard off and on, the old girl and I just stayed home. We talked to Mike and his wife , they had the blue 77 short box with a built 289, for awhile and left around 10:30, Dave, we must have JUST missed you. You may have noticed the old girl, she had a flowered top and white bermuda shorts on. LMAO Checked out what was there for parts, saw a table with intakes and Tall valve covers. I have that intake, valve covers were for a 429-460, gears were 3:89s need 3:70s. Yes, I saw the cobra valve covers they were in rough shape, i offered 30 he said when pigs fly. so I did. Maybe we can ALL get together some where or make plans now for next year, and meet at the beer pavilion at a certain time. I think this year there was just too many variables with the weather and family outings and no one really had an idea as to where to hook up, especially new members who don't know anyone from FTE. Just a thoght on my part. John

Old 08-22-2011, 10:31 AM
skidoodave
Tuned
That's the guy my friend bought the headers from. I was looking at that 351/400 4bbl intake, was thinking of buying it but passed as I just put a new 2150 on my 78. Ya, maybe next year a meeting place and time at the beer pavilion.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:42 AM
POPAJON
Fleet Mechanic
@ Dave. yeah that was an SP2P intake. I've had mine for over 20 years and had it chromed. I was looking for a Performer 400. But I may have to use the SP2P til I get the other one.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:52 AM
LightningRyan
Senior User
I was there Sunday. The GF and I spent 3 hours cleaning the truck at the show lol talked to a bunch of people noone said anything about FTE. I was a couple trucks away from Rick, saw him when I pulled in and thought I would talk to him after I was done. I went over to his truck but he was gone and I didn't see him the rest of the time.

I saw the queen pull in while I was cleaning too and was gonna visit after I was done and couldn't find her either untill I saw her pulling out of the show.

I was the only Lightning Sunday so I wasn't to hard to find. Had a great time though and saw tons of nice trucks. I got my entrance fee back when I won a door prize jug of Meguiars car wash soap and Gunk all purpose cleaner Didn't win anything else but I didn't think I would since I am stock and there were trucks with shiny stuff.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:05 PM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm just back after two weeks vacation with camper. It was my intention to stop at Arthur on may way back through on Saturday. I drove through Arthur around 3 o'clock.
I blew a power steering line in Kincardine earlier in the day and had to pilot 10,000lbs of truck/camper through quite the rain storm without pwr steering. It looked like the storm was following us as well so I opted to motor on, I did wave if anybody was watching.

I also took a nail in the rear tire the week before so I had to change to the spare using the factory jack. A little scary but it worked. I had the tire plugged and then against my better judgement I put it back on the truck. You guessed it, the damn thing leaked from the plug! So the spare went back on again. I guess I just wanted to get home more than I wanted to spend another night out, besides the truck and camper were a mess and the weather was awful.
so how was the show? Did you get rained on? where are the pictures??
Any winners in the group?

Frank

Old 08-28-2011, 09:43 AM
falconqueenD
Elder User
Smile In the Rain

When it rains go to the BEER TENT.
Most of the time I was sitting with the guy and his wife with the 47 Merc in the corner.
I asked when I registered if any FTE was there , they said no.
So maybe next year we have a sign or something ( smokes signals or rattle a bunch of beer cans LOL)

Old 08-29-2011, 09:09 AM
falconqueenD
Elder User
Thumbs up Pink Stuff

Hey Lightning, when you won your door prize did somebody ask you what the pink stuff was?
Then I lite a smoke and you and GF moved.
Terrible habit I know ..

Old 08-29-2011, 12:11 PM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Rick usually takes some pictures at the show. Rick, where are you?

I really wish I could have made it, but it wasn't to be this year. I was busy packing up from camping and dropping off kids so I could go to Florida last week.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:24 AM
POPAJON
Fleet Mechanic
This is JUST a suggestion. Next year or any time we plan a get together, why don't we have a designated meeting place and time.Like in Arthur, the beer pavillion @ 8-9 or another time on both days with an FTE sign or banner. I think that way everybody that goes will have an idea of where we all are and no one will feel lost, as I did, not knowing ANYONE there.John

Old 09-06-2011, 09:23 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
People are usually very social when I have attended, it's just a matter of matching the face to the truck. Rick is pretty good at making the rounds or could be found by his wee little trailer, maybe the weather just put a damper on things?

Setting up a meeting time is a good idea though.

frank