1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil and chips, what's good?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 10:46 PM
Palumbo
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone use Amsoil? If you do or have what are your thoughts. Worth the money?

Will the Diablo Delta with the 87 oct program firm up the tranny shifts? I've seen some other posts thru a search more geared to PSD's and v10's. I have the 5.4. I saw some that said use some valve and the chip. I have no clue when it comes to this and don't know anyone with a chip or a valve for that matter. I'm not looking to gain MPG with the chip but I would like firm shifting. I do haul heavy loads now and then if that info is needed. I know the Delta is available with an 87 oct prog. and a High Oct prog. I burn high oct occasionally but it's pricy in CT these day's so I usually burn 87. I like the option of both programs to switch back and forth when needed. Anyone running the 87 oct program?

Old 04-01-2003, 07:17 AM
craigwilliamson
Freshman User

Running an 87 octane program with a Diablo would really defy the purpose of having a chip. Chips bring real world performance with them and necessitate the use of 93 octane. If you can bite the bullet at the pump, you will love a Diablo chip. They really bring the 5.4 L to life. The extra power and firmed up shifts are evident the first time you drive with the chip installed. Direct any questions about chips to the Computer Tuning Forum and Ken will help you out. He is a good guy and will help you any way he can. You will LOVE a Diablo Chip in your ride......

Old 04-01-2003, 09:36 AM
res_q_me2001
Junior User

chips.......no clue amsoil is the bomb little more pricey but worth the money.

Old 04-01-2003, 01:05 PM
T_Moss
Senior User

I replaced my rear end with Ampsoil and saw a good improvement in my limited slip.