Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

Splish Splash Flash in the mud August BS Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 06:22 PM
msmenne17
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HP junkie
Yea Troy, I will check it over for sure. At least with this one I know what it should and shouldn't do.

Hey Michael, thats no good. Hopefully all goes well with the dog. You hate to have them wander around in pain and unhappy, but you hate to put them down too. Good luck with the camper. Sounds like you have the right price, might want to bump it up a few bucks.
I'ts not like they pay attention to the advertised price anyway. Every one of them asked me how much.

These are the days I hate people and craigslist.

2 out of 3 backed out (though one rescheduled for tomorrow). The third said she was going to talk to her husband. I take that as code for I'm not interested. Fine by me.

As long as I get $550 or close to that, I'll be happy. $550 covers what I paid for it a year ago as well as all but $15 of the canvas repair.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:36 PM
Ford79
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good evening guys.
Another day, another $.25............

Originally Posted by msmenne17
Since when do bosses listen? Why do you think Dilbert is so popular in the IT community?

Been busy at work today. I'm getting into some stuff for an application that has taken on a life of it's own. 400+ users and we've never really widely advertised that it's available. Nor has management seen fit to devote any thought on how to maintain it properly. It's a mess and needs to be cleaned up bad.

We've decided that we are putting our dog down on Friday. I have another Endoscopy Fri morning. I'll prob sleep for a bit after that, then we'll take the dog to the vet. Katie is going to be a mess for the weekend. She's already in a funk about it. I hate doing this, but it's best for the dog.

I was going to get on last night and do some reading. Put the laptop down and ended up falling asleep. Guess I was tired.

Three more e-mails about the camper today (all within an hour). It's gotta be the right price at that rate. One of them is coming to look at 6 tonight. Fingers crossed.
Sorry to hear about your dog Michael.

Good luck with the endoscopy.

I'ts not like they pay attention to the advertised price anyway. Every one of them asked me how much.

2 out of 3 backed out (though one rescheduled for tomorrow). The third said she was going to talk to her husband. I take that as code for I'm not interested. Fine by me.

As long as I get $550 or close to that, I'll be happy. $550 covers what I paid for it a year ago as well as all but $15 of the canvas repair.
Sometimes you wonder about these people and CL. Hope you get what you want for it, there should be no reason to sell it for much less than your listing price.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:44 PM
HP junkie
Lead Driver
Well I am trying to convince Desiree that option 1 (2005 F350 CC DRW w/ headgasket work) we should look at. I emailed him and asked if he had any records of the work completed (he should as he is the only owner). I will check out the 7.3L in town when we get back from camping (if it is still there). It's hard to look at trucks with two kids. Desiree does not usually get home till 1700.

Hey Mike, how goes it?

Old 08-30-2011, 07:35 PM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good evening guys! Hope everyone is having a good night!

Since when do bosses listen? Why do you think Dilbert is so popular in the IT community?

Been busy at work today. I'm getting into some stuff for an application that has taken on a life of it's own. 400+ users and we've never really widely advertised that it's available. Nor has management seen fit to devote any thought on how to maintain it properly. It's a mess and needs to be cleaned up bad.

We've decided that we are putting our dog down on Friday. I have another Endoscopy Fri morning. I'll prob sleep for a bit after that, then we'll take the dog to the vet. Katie is going to be a mess for the weekend. She's already in a funk about it. I hate doing this, but it's best for the dog.

I was going to get on last night and do some reading. Put the laptop down and ended up falling asleep. Guess I was tired.

Three more e-mails about the camper today (all within an hour). It's gotta be the right price at that rate. One of them is coming to look at 6 tonight. Fingers crossed.
Good evening Michael! Sorry to hear about having put your dog down.

Yea Troy, I will check it over for sure. At least with this one I know what it should and shouldn't do.

Hey Michael, thats no good. Hopefully all goes well with the dog. You hate to have them wander around in pain and unhappy, but you hate to put them down too. Good luck with the camper. Sounds like you have the right price, might want to bump it up a few bucks.
Good evening Cory! Yeah at least this one you know more what to look for.

Well hopefully one of them takes it off your hands and yes some people on CL can be a real PITA!

Originally Posted by Ford79
Good evening guys.
Another day, another $.25............
Good evening Mike! Almost camping time!

Well I am trying to convince Desiree that option 1 (2005 F350 CC DRW w/ headgasket work) we should look at. I emailed him and asked if he had any records of the work completed (he should as he is the only owner). I will check out the 7.3L in town when we get back from camping (if it is still there). It's hard to look at trucks with two kids. Desiree does not usually get home till 1700.

Hey Mike, how goes it?
Good luck with the hips one Cory!

Old 08-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Jbotto
Posting Guru
Jake, I like the cabin. We need to have a GTG up there. Got anything you need fixed? lol
Well, I do need an unbroken leaf spring on one side... lol but if anyone ever is up in the area, let me know! I thought Tom was talking that he might be headed up this direction, but I was unsure when he was planning. I know it's kinda end of the vacationing season, but I figure it's worth a try!

Sorry to hear about your dog Michael.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:29 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
Howdy.

I worked on the enclosed trailer yesterday and fixed the wiring. The brakes still sucked. I pulled off the rear drivers wheel today and found everything siezed up. Long story short I think it is gonna need 4 new drums and 4 new backing plate kits. Fortunately the parts are fairly reasonable from etrailer.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:02 PM
msmenne17
Postmaster
Evening everyone!!

Supper done. Watched the tail end of Hoodwinked 2 with the kids. Looks funny. I might have to keep the DVD another day and watch it tomorrow night. Kids are in bed and now I'm cleaning up from supper. The kitchen is a mess. It's been a whirlwind since we got home from South Dakota.

Hey Dave (and anyone else that wants it) ... I've got the song "My Boss Is a Jerk" on digital finally!!! It's a tape from one of the local radio stations from when I was in High School before I started working. It's probably 20 years old or more. It's sung to the tune of Mr. Ed theme song. It is HILARIOUS!!

I had to steal my daughter's radio to do it. She has the only working cassette player in the house.

I'll try to figure out if there is a semi-private/public spot I can post it. In the meantime, I can e-mail it. PM your e-mail to me and I'll send it.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:20 PM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Good evening folks.

Sorry about the pup Michael. You have our best wishes with you (and Lynns prayers). Good luck with the camper also. Don't back down from your price. One of us I am sure can store it if need be until spring.

Good luck on trucks Cory. I hope one of them can work out for you. Of course you will have to put up with me being jealous. LOL

You made $0.25 today Mike?! You dog!

Bummer on the brakes Chris.

PM sent Michael.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:43 PM
msmenne17
Postmaster
E-mail sent Jay.

The song was a promotional for a local radio station about 20 years ago. They played it every morning around 7am I think as part of their morning show. I've been searching for it for years on the 'net and have never found it. i found a few lyric references, but have never found the song. The tape suddenly re-appeared out of nowhere on top of one of the dressers in Noah's room. Strange stuff ....

Dang ... didn't realize how late it was. Night all!!

Old 08-31-2011, 05:06 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Morning MN!

Have a great Hump Day!

Old 08-31-2011, 05:33 AM
HP junkie
Lead Driver
Morning guys!

It's time to make the donuts! Only a couple more and then CAMPING!!!!! Have a good day all1

BTW: WHERE"S TOM??

Old 08-31-2011, 06:29 AM
Ford79
Lead Driver
Good morning everyone.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:34 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Morning Cory and Mike!

Old 08-31-2011, 07:10 AM
dlibson
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Morning Cory, Mike, and Steve!

Cory, Tom is up north fishing!

Old 08-31-2011, 07:12 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Morning Dave, Tom is the smart one!....lol

Quick Reply: Splish Splash Flash in the mud August BS Thread!