Notices

Anyone use a leaf blower to dry vehicle after washing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 10:58 AM
redvet
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by number55
Was reading the thread on the leaf blower idea the other day, well today was sunny 72 degrees and there I was blowing off my truck with my weed eater 195mph leaf blower......it worked wonders around the window trim. The wife thought I had a few too many cold ones, but my neighbor was impressed...I gave him the forums email address......thanks for the tip.....Dave

My pleasure,Dave.

Old 05-01-2003, 02:50 PM
2FordTrucks
Senior User

I once saw a person do that and thought they had fallen off the deep end, until I tried it. works great, especially in creavaces.

Old 05-11-2003, 04:08 PM
PrPlayboy
Elder User

I was bored and washed my X and thaught "hey I have back pack blowers!" works fine. I'm surprised to see others have done it. There is nothing wrong using a gas powered blower. The motor is a 2cycle engine but the impeller that blows the air out is in it's own housing so there shouldn't be any way anything can get in there to blow out onto your car. The engine is sealed and on the outside of the blower. Back pack blowers also have more power then electric blowers do.

PrPlayboy
Elder User

I was bored and washed my X and thaught "hey I have back pack blowers!" works fine. I'm surprised to see others have done it. There is nothing wrong using a gas powered blower. The motor is a 2cycle engine but the impeller that blows the air out is in it's own housing so there shouldn't be any way anything can get in there to blow out onto your car. The engine is sealed and on the outside of the blower. Back pack blowers also have more power then electric blowers do.

PrPlayboy
Elder User

Old 05-11-2003, 04:12 PM
PrPlayboy
Elder User

Sorry about the mulitple posts. It kept saying the server was to busy.

Old 10-04-2004, 11:01 PM
freebirdz
New User
Talking

I've seen a couple of other members that use a leaf blower also. I guess I better find out what all the fuss is about! Do you guys prefer electric or gas?

-Jerod

Old 10-07-2004, 01:55 AM
Rick Braden
Senior User
Rinse down washed car with Mr. Clean & always use my gas powered leaf blower. Wife thounght I was nuts. With a good finish, the water blows off & you can wax in minutes. This way I don't have to use shammy. I use Liquid Glass or Meguirars NXT Tech wax. That really lets water go away fast.
Work 7 days a week, 10 hrs a day & anything that lets me get more done with my limited time is great.

Old 10-07-2004, 10:50 AM
boomer08
Senior User
I will sometimes use my air compressor to blow out the nooks and crannys. It helps eliminate alot of rewiping the same area several times.

Old 10-07-2004, 02:00 PM
bob1963f100
New User
I use my electric blower all the time to dry my Harley.
Thats the only way I can get all the water out of the fins on the Vtwin.
Just make sure the driveway or what ever is clean so you don't "sand blast" what your drying. And the looks from the neighbors are priceless.

Old 10-10-2004, 09:05 AM
WVRanger
Junior User
Yep, I'm another guy who's neighbor's think he's crazy. Been using an electric blower for several years now. But it makes sense to me. It's fast, and much easier on the finish than ANY hand drying towel/cloth.

Old 10-12-2004, 07:59 PM
Aztrainer
Posting Guru
Redvet you are a genius. I used my blower today on my truck and then drove it. I did not have the irritating streaks of water. I must give you a thousand thanks of this, because I would not of though of this in my whole life.

Old 11-23-2004, 03:59 PM
bobdeeharley
New User
Smile

I've got 2 bikes. One is a Harley and the other is the other H brand and I've been doing this for years as it works great. Some company came out with their own product specifically for bikes that does the same thing as my Toro electric blower and it costs over $200 for any idiot that wants to pay it because they claim it is "special" for motorcycles.

Old 11-24-2004, 05:40 PM
midlf
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wash truck???????

I'm having a problem understanding this thread. "Wash" and "truck" in the same sentence is confusing!

Old 11-25-2004, 07:19 AM
Hairy Dog
New User
Thumbs up Saves Time

I too have been using a leaf blower for years to dry my bike. It saves at least an hour of hand drying time. Now if I could find one small enough to take on trips with me.

Hairy Dog

Quick Reply: Anyone use a leaf blower to dry vehicle after washing?