Sponsored by: Moser

ventilation issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 10:45 PM
rock_meg
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ventilation issue

<table id="post72691" class="tborder" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" id="td_post_72691" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(39, 21, 7);"> This for my new 09 F150.....does anyone have constant air flow to the feet no matter where you put the dial too????? Mine keeps shooting air to the feet even on a/c. So i brought the truck to the dealer to have it looked at and guess what...apparently it's normal!!! The tech went on the lot and tried a bunch of them to make sure they were all doing that and sure enough it is!!! Way to go engineers!!! In the summer with the a/c on my right foot keeps freezing and in the winter the heat keeps blowing down and i get sweaty feet which is not good when your in and out of the truck all the time!!! I guess i'll have to go buy some black dust tape now!!! What a rip off!!! I'm pretty disappointed!!!

Can anyone chime in with an 09 to see if this is normal or not. It's not blowing hard but enough to feel it that's for sure!!!

Thanks in advance!!

Old 06-28-2009, 12:33 PM
JTreibs
Junior User
I dont have a 2009, but a 2010 on order so I am not sure about your particular issue. However, I think this is somewhat common. My wife has a 2007 Camry SE and I know that the driver side vent blows air regardless of whether you have the open/close slider opened or closed. What the crap?? Why even put a close button on it if it is always going to blow?!

So I understand how you feel about the constant air movement.
And although I can't give you any recommendations or anything, I will give you some sympathy and understanding.. cause it ticks me off as well.

-J

Old 06-28-2009, 03:55 PM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Mine only blows air to where i select it to go.

(edit)

Just went outside and double checked and it only blows when i select the foot option or one of the options that includes the feet area.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
@ OP

do you have the Manual A/C or the Auto HVAC?

I have the Auto HVAC in mine and it does the exact same thing. Only time it doesn't blow on my foot is when the system is turned off. I've been meaning to tape that duct shut, but keep forgetting about it

Old 06-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by tylus
@ OP

do you have the Manual A/C or the Auto HVAC?

I have the Auto HVAC in mine and it does the exact same thing. Only time it doesn't blow on my foot is when the system is turned off. I've been meaning to tape that duct shut, but keep forgetting about it
Your right. When it's on auto it seems to direct the air to where ever it thinks it's needed more. When i choose where i want the air i have no air coming to my feet unless i choose it to.

Old 06-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Bsimmer3000
When i choose where i want the air i have no air coming to my feet unless i choose it to.
mine does it no matter what I choose...Manual or Auto

I always leave it in the Auto setting though. I bought the Auto HVAC so I could set it and forget it. I dislike constantly messing with the fan speed and blindly adjusting temp like the manual setups.

BTW, what is your comfort temp? I'm almost always on 71-72F once the car gets cooled down

Old 06-28-2009, 07:06 PM
rock_meg
New User
well i'm not sure which one i have....the passenger temp control one if that's what you guys refer to!!! So i just tried it again and no matter where it's set, max a/c, a/c only, recirculate, defrost, vents, holding my tongue to the right or left...the air still makes it's way to the feet no matter what. It's even worst on the passenger side then the driver side!!! I check with my dealer tomorrow once again and tell them to make some phone calls or something!!!

Old 06-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Right i just went outside again and set my ac to 60 so that i could feel the cold air on my bare feet. If i have it on auto it will automaticly goto every vent. But if i bring up the Climate controls on the screen i can select where i want the air directed to and as soon as i select a option without the feet vents it will stop blowing on my feet. There is a very very very small amount of air creeping out of the vent but you can hardly even feel it. Also i do have the nav setup so i dont know how this differes from the normal climate controls.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:13 PM
rock_meg
New User
Originally Posted by Bsimmer3000
Right i just went outside again and set my ac to 60 so that i could feel the cold air on my bare feet. If i have it on auto it will automaticly goto every vent. But if i bring up the Climate controls on the screen i can select where i want the air directed to and as soon as i select a option without the feet vents it will stop blowing on my feet. There is a very very very small amount of air creeping out of the vent but you can hardly even feel it. Also i do have the nav setup so i dont know how this differes from the normal climate controls.
Yeah it is very little air coming out but it's still enough to freeze your foot and cook it in the winter time!!! Check the passenger side it's worst on mine!!!

Old 06-29-2009, 08:00 AM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by rock_meg
Yeah it is very little air coming out but it's still enough to freeze your foot and cook it in the winter time!!! Check the passenger side it's worst on mine!!!
To feel it i have to put my toes right on the vent and even then i can hardly feel it and i def cant notice it with my foot on the pedal. My wife thinks it's cold in the truck when the air is on 80 so i asked her to test her side this morning and she couldnt feel the air coming out from her side at all. I aint tested her side my self yet but it will when i go to get my mullet cut.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:58 AM
rock_meg
New User
well i went to the dealer this morning and got the keys to 2 different trucks on the lot and sure enough they both have the same symptoms as mine so for them to say that there's something wrong is hard just because of that. So the service manager said he was going to do some research and phone calls to see if this issue was ever brought up to Ford's attention or what because i said i wasn't going to accept a "normal" answer. I guess we'll see what pans out of this!!!

Thanks for the help guys!!!

Old 06-29-2009, 01:37 PM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
I just got back from a 20 min drive and i did notice something. If i close my rears vents i do get more air start coming through the foot vents even when the foot vents aint selected. Still it's only a small amount and i can feel it with my flip flops on but it's not that bad that it makes my feet cold. If i open my rears vents up it function as it did before and had hardly no air going to my feet.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:50 AM
04XLTRUNNER
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have the manual a/c. when it is on max a/c i can barely feel it blowing out down there but if i switch it to just regular it stops.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:54 AM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 04XLTRUNNER
i have the manual a/c. when it is on max a/c i can barely feel it blowing out down there but if i switch it to just regular it stops.
Yeah i should have mentioned also that when i can hardly feel it my ac is maxed out.

Old 06-30-2009, 03:30 PM
berry1234
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford Motto: Design Flaw = nothing wrong.

Quick Reply: ventilation issue