Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Nor-Cal Tech Day VI, August 13th, Sponsored By RiffRaff Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 08:17 PM
DieselHardware
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear Andy. never an easy thing to do, but at least you know she won't be hurting and in pain anymore. Plus, she'll always be there watchin over the house for ya.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:22 PM
pjwoolw
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry the time has come Andy. She will be missed by all. I'll be thinking good thoughts for ya.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:28 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Andy, I'm sure you didn't have to figure it out. They always let you know....

DogSpeed, Daisy. DogSpeed! Run free, healthy, and whole once again at Rainbow Bridge!

May God bless Andy's "Heart Dog"!

Marv

Old 06-30-2011, 09:32 PM
gatormccluskey
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about Daisy. They are like your kids after awhile.
A old man told me one time >> He knows his dog loves him > They dont have a credit card (with your name on it) and don't have a drivers license > and they still are proud to see you when you get home.
Hope everything works out.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:34 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts
Very sorry to hear that Andy, she will be missed for sure...

Old 06-30-2011, 09:46 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 144 Likes on 103 Posts
God bless you and her Andy. I remember when I had to take one of mine down to be put to sleep. The tears as I let and I asked the wife not to let me do that again alone. I always remember ours and you will to. Each dog we have seems to leave a very new set of memories. I have one now very little dog of my wifes that never leaves my side. During my illness and treatment she sleep all day with me and still dose. My wife always says, dog spelled backward, God. She'll me missed.

Your friend always, Chet

Old 06-30-2011, 10:20 PM
VegasFordSD
Laughing Gas
Oh man, sorry to hear the news brother!! Our tech day mascot "Zombie Dog" will truly be missed. She was such a sweet girl, even when it took every ounce of energy she had, she made it a point to come say "hi" to everyone.

Daisy will truly be missed by us all, but she will watch over your house and you for eternity. Couldn't ask for a better final resting place, one "Old Oak" at peace between two old oaks.

Our thoughts are with you...

Old 07-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts
Thanks EVERYONE! We had a very nice evening. She saw me grab a brand new dog bed out of the garage and so she had an extra spring in her step making the trip into the house and over by the TV. I'm going to give her a nice bath and kick it on the lawn with her tomorrow before saying good-bye.

Looking forward to all y'all making it down in Aug!

Me n Daisy

Old 07-01-2011, 09:49 AM
duck fan
Because racetruck

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
Andy, words fail me man. Good luck today. She will absolutely be missed.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:42 PM
aawlberninf350
It's a Van Gogh
Received 856 Likes on 623 Posts
My sympathies Andy. Letting go of a loved dog is one of the hardest things. Pop is right, they'll let you know when they want to go. And when you can give them permission to go they will rest easy, because all they ever wanted was to make you happy.

By the tree is good. Sometimes lots of delicious bbq smells there.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Terryw5782
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So sorry to hear. I really enjoyed meeting her at the last tec day. Glad I had the chance to know her just a little.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts
Thanks guys! She's at rest now. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do, but found a great place and a great vet to do it close by. I didn't want to bring her to the regular vet because she HATED that place. She was oblivious to this place and what it meant to her but the vet was really nice and everything was over very quickly.

Everyone have an awesome and safe 4th of July!

Old 07-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 144 Likes on 103 Posts
I feel for you Andy, God bless you and dasiy.

Chet

Old 07-03-2011, 01:10 AM
4inchlovin
Post Fiend

Sorry to hear that Andy. Almost lost my dog a couple of months ago and i was a mess! I could only imagine what it would be like. Hope to see you in Aug.

Take care!

Old 07-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 91 Likes on 80 Posts
CAB LIGHTS!

It's been something I've been wanting to do to my Ex ever since I bought it, and as well, to my F250 too!

So I called Clay and Pete and got them on-board to help because like most guys, I aint too thrilled about cutting and drilling into the roof of my rig. It aint something that can't be messed up, ya know?

Aint no "Ooops!" gonna happen here, not with Clay and Pete and the rest of the guys eyeballing the mock-up and giving a thumbs-up before the drilling commences, ya know?

If it goes smoothly, and we don't put the lights on crooked or backwards Pete said we might do the install on his Ex too, since he's already collected the lights and harness parts.

Greg, your template is finally gonna get used bro, thanks for that! Clay said you sent him the file for printing it out, which I'll benefit from too because Clay is adding to it a bit to create some type of sticker to help with positioning to help with the install.

This is definitely not a mod I want to tackle by myself, so I'm grateful for the help.

I've always wanted smoke lenses with orange LED lights, so now it's just a matter of collecting the necessary parts. Gonna have to do some research to locate the part numbers for the stuff I want.

Pictures will be taken, even though there are threads out there and a webpage dedicated specifically for this mod.

Andy, gonna need to reserve a spot completely in the shade so we don't get heat stroke and die while working on the roof of my truck!

Stewart

Quick Reply: Nor-Cal Tech Day VI, August 13th, Sponsored By RiffRaff Diesel