6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

what tuner to get?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Red06'350
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuner

Sean-

I just wanted to throw my imput out there and let you know that about a year ago I went with the Banks system in my 06' 350. I bought the Big Hoss bundle which comes with the Six Gun, Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, New Boost Tubes and new cast iron Intercooler.

I went with the Big Hoss because I heard the threads out there about which tuners were the best and weren't, but in the end I saved up some extra cash and went with the Big Hoss and I love it. My transmission shifts fine. I don't blow black smoke when I whomp on it going up a hill loaded or unloaded and I can pull my trailer up a 30% grade doing about 70 mph and still climbing.

That's my 2 cents about Banks. I wouldn't of gone with anything else. Hope this helps a little in your decision making process. I know I stewed for about 4-5 months before I pulled the trigger. So good luck

Sean

Old 06-22-2011, 08:09 PM
goosehunta
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry it took so long to get back on here to answer your questions. long days at work.

I got my TSX form extream diesel performance.com and at the time they were running a sale. i paid 773.00 for it and the egt kit was a free giveaway at the time. and wow i just looked it up on xdp and its running 921.00 with the egt probe and 859.00 with out the egt probe and these prices are before shipping. i cant belive the differance in the price from then to now.

and the custom tunes are extra. i got mine from matt at gearhead automotive
Matt Robinson
Gearhead Automotive Performance
979-703-7338
www.gearheadautomotiveperformance.com
matts email is matt@gearheadautomotiveperformance.com

it is best to email him because he does this in the evenings. if you email him he will email you back or you could email him your number and he will call you. he is a great guy to deal with. customer service is great.

and no problem about the questions. thats what we are here for. i was a newbe and asking questions at one time.