Sponsored by: DP Tuner

new at this

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 09:12 AM
Drgonslyr2
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new at this

Hi everyone, I am new at this. Just got a 2002 F-250 4x4 SB 7.3 PSD. The truck came with no books to speak of and it has about 37,500 miles on it. Is there a book or something that I can purchase that tells me maintenance schedules and how to do the work. Like when to change the fuel filters, air filters and oil change interv. I live in the SW desert area and the truck wil be in the desert alot. I don't want to screw it up before I get the change to enjoy it.

Thanks

Old 03-25-2003, 09:49 AM
johnsdiesel
Post Fiend
new at this

Other than a Ford dealer, I couldn't tell you where to buy the service/owner's books, but I'm sure someone else can. In the meantime, the fuel filter needs to be changed by 15,000 miles. I change mine at around 10,000 miles. The regular service oil change interval is 5000 miles and heavy service is 3000 miles. Use an API certified 15W 40 oil, I recommend Shell Rotella T. After using the truck at highway speeds or under load be sure to let it idle to cool down the oil before you shut off the truck. This will help prevent premature turbo failure. I would check your air intake at every oil change and make sure that there is no dust getting past the filter box. Ford's filter boxes are known for not sealing well. At each oil change, drain the water out of the fuel bowl. You only have to drain it until you smell diesel coming out. You need to remove the plastic cover in the center of the engine and the drain valve is to the left hand side. Some of us have attached a 5/16" hose to the fuel drain so it doesn't spill out all over the place. Completely drain the fuel bowl when you change the fuel filter.

Old 03-25-2003, 11:14 AM
xanthias
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
new at this

Originally posted by xanthias
Yes. The manual is downloadable in Adobe Acrobat format from Ford. Go to Ford Vehicles and click on "My Ford Owner Site" On that page, go ahead and do a registration. Once you register, log in. You'll come to a "My Ford Truck" page that's customized. On the left, you will see a menu, one of the choices is "Resources & References". Click that and one of the choices will be "Owners Guide".

You can download it and save to your computer. Also available are the maintenance schedule and warranty. You can burn these to CD if you want and take them to someplace like Kinko's--who will print and bind for you pretty cheap.

For a diesel 4x4, you want the owners guide, the maintenance guide, the offroad supplement and the diesel supplement.

Old 03-25-2003, 05:45 PM
Quadzilla
Postmaster
new at this

Authentic Ford Owner's Manuals are available at www.helminc.com.

Old 03-25-2003, 10:13 PM
PSD_Power
Elder User
new at this

might try evil bay (e-bay)

Old 03-26-2003, 08:11 AM
Drgonslyr2
New User
new at this

Thanks everybody for all the help.