Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need tourque specs please

Old 05-28-2011, 12:14 AM
slk133
Senior User
slk133 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Need tourque specs please

I have a 02 f 250 super duty ,I changed the rear bearings and seal on the rear end and need to know the tourque specs for the (I think its called) the ratchet nut for the hubs? Thanks

Old 05-28-2011, 12:19 AM
mueckster
aka Redneck Wrencher
mueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputationmueckster has a superb reputation
60 ft-lbs is the correct torque per Ford specs.
"Tighten the hub nut, rotating the rear hub occasionally while tightening. Tighten to 60 ft-lbs.
Adjust hub nuts as follows:
For new bearings, ratchet back five teeth or notches (1/8 turn) on the hub nut. Five notches must be felt during this operation in order to have performed it correctly.
For used bearings, ratchet back seven teeth or notches (1/6 turn) on the hub nut. Seven notches must be felt during this operation to have performed it correctly."
Quote taken directly from my Ford dvd manual.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:33 AM
slk133
Senior User
slk133 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by mueckster View Post
60 ft-lbs is the correct torque per Ford specs.
"Tighten the hub nut, rotating the rear hub occasionally while tightening. Tighten to 60 ft-lbs.
Adjust hub nuts as follows:
For new bearings, ratchet back five teeth or notches (1/8 turn) on the hub nut. Five notches must be felt during this operation in order to have performed it correctly.
For used bearings, ratchet back seven teeth or notches (1/6 turn) on the hub nut. Seven notches must be felt during this operation to have performed it correctly."
Quote taken directly from my Ford dvd manual.
Perfect thank you, I figured it would be something a bit different to tighten. Thanks again

Old 05-28-2011, 01:15 AM
WA.Ranger
Postmaster
WA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to all
Roland has you covered! Just did it on mine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.