Notices

"Clip-on" billet grilles

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 01:07 AM
BigMattXXL
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question "Clip-on" billet grilles

I've been in the market for a billet grille for my '99 Expedition, but I'm not too keen on paying +/- $200 for the grille, and then another $100-150 to have someone install it for me (I don't like the idea of hacking up my factory grille). I've seen a bunch of the "clip-on" billet grilles - the ones that bolt over the existing grille and are completely reversible. Do these look any good? They look great in the ads, but I don't want it to look "cheap". Has anyone had any experience with these? I'm interested in the billet grille with the real small lines in it (apologies for the lame description, I just don't know how else to explain it).

Thanks for any help!

XXL

Old 03-24-2003, 08:51 AM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Clip-on" billet grilles

Are you talking about a straight tubular grille, or one like this:

That is the Street Scene Grille I have on my X. It uses clips to hold on the back of the factory grille and does not require any cutting.

The other style might be this:

Either one, try looking on Motorhaven.com . I believe Ken can get them for you. If not, look on ebay also as there are usually a few companies putting them on there.

They are very easy to install also (either one you get)...

If that is not what you are looking for, let me know. I know of many places that sell all different types...