Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Does Ford use a good CPS yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Highridge
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does Ford use a good CPS yet?

Long story short, my CPS died around midnight last night. As I was coasting to the side of the road, I knew that it had to be the CPS. The truck wouldnt start so I got it towed to my girlfriends house and replaced it with an autozone brand cps this morning just to get it running again. Im still paranoid, since its an autozone brand and it starts a little funny now, probably because its not a quality cps. I have the notice from Ford for the CPS recall and figure now is as good a time as any to go get it done. I know some have said the CPS ford uses isnt as good as the original, but has anyone heard if they started using a better quality one? I figure at least it'll be better than the autobone brand CPS. I also plan to order a good one from Clay at Riffraff with my next order, but that may be a few weeks.

Thanks
Derek

Old 05-15-2011, 03:58 PM
woodnthings
Cargo Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The gray one is still the current one from Ford. It is not bad really, it just does not perform as good as the OEM black one. I would use it over anything aftermarket except maybe the Bosch one. Besides the gray ones are pretty cheap now at $16, so keeping a spare is easy. If you prefer a smooth idle and better mpg's order the one from Clay while he has them!

Old 05-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
You got it covered. Have ford change out the autozone one then buy one for Clay.

Chet

Old 05-15-2011, 04:38 PM
4EXTRDR
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just crawled out from my truck about 2 hours ago myself w/ a CPS change...started raining and shutting off...Had a spare from Internationaol (Grey)....guessing maybe my next "spare" should be from Clay now

Old 05-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Highridge
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats funny because a friend of mine also had his CPS die this weekend. Must be that time of year.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:14 PM
4EXTRDR
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats funny because a friend of mine also had his CPS die this weekend. Must be that time of year.
Mine has been "hiccuping" for about 3 weeks but gets ugly w/ rain and w/ a full week of rain coming...I had to roll my lazy butt under the truck or burn the starter out this week w/ all the re-starts
Runnin perfect now rain or shine!