Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission/transfer case issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 05:17 PM
marknford
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission/transfer case issue

I have a 94 f-150 5.8L 4X4. It all started with a new pump valve seal I put in. 2 months after that I was was heading home from work and while I was in Drive the motor just revved up like it was in neutral. Coasted in plot and went to put in park and made awful grinding noise. A couple of tranny guys told me it was the trans. So i bought a remanuf. one it put it in. Tranny was bad so they gave me another one and guaranteed it. Well put it in last night and it drives but when it goes to the next gear its like a camel is kicking you in the butt. So i took it to my trans place and they are saying it is a transfer case issue. I took the motor off on the transfer case and drove it and then it did the same thing that my truck originally did. Wouldnt go into any gear and then grind when i put it back inro park. I put the transfer motor back on and it is still the way it was kickin me in the butt. Any suggestions, info, remarks, tips anything please.