Notices
Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bolt Replacement

Old 04-23-2011, 05:15 PM
BehemothF350
New User
BehemothF350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bolt Replacement

I recently had one of my radius arm brackets break (previous owner had broken it and had it welded and it broke again) and while underneath I found out that my right side coil spring had broken at the upper retaining clip. So, I went to go get the retaining nuts off and change out the coil springs. I heated the nuts, I used penetrating oil, I wailed on them with hammer and chisel. Broke 2 breaker bars (sheared off the nibs that hold the socket) and in the end used a cutter wheel and cut the bolt. I'm looking for a replacement but I need to know, what is the length of the bolt, what it is called (whether it has a special name for it), and where I can get it? The bolt in question has a head an nut size of 1 and 1/8" and I'm guessing it is a 3/4" bolt diameter. Is that right? Is there just a general ford truck bolt kit that I could get for an F350 XL so I can have spares? The bolt comes up from the bottom, passes through the lower radius arm fastening point on the axle, the front axle, the upper fastening point on the radius arm and then there is a nut. Then the lower seat for the coil spring sits over top the first nut and the bolt ends with just enough threading to put on the coil spring, the seat plate that holds the coil spring to the lower seat and the retaining nut. I'm going to need more than one of these I think because I have to replace both sides. Please Help!

Old 04-26-2011, 10:57 PM
BehemothF350
New User
BehemothF350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Answered my own question

I'll be able to replace the bolts using a fastener place down the road from my house. Good thing I have very well informed neighbors. *Note to self... I need to get a welder and a torch before I do this again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.