Radiator Interchange Question - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

Radiator Interchange Question

Old 04-13-2011, 11:37 AM
money giver
New User
money giver is starting off with a positive reputation.
Radiator Interchange Question

I have a 97 Ranger 2.3 Automatic. Will radiator from a 98 Ranger V6 Automatic be compatible? Hope someone here knows.. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Hank85713
Posting Guru
Hank85713 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Hank85713 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
go to an online source like autozone and check part numbers. Better yet go to a local radiator shop and ask them, they should know.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Rogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to behold
I went to rockauto and compared 97 2.3L radiator to 97 3.0/4.0L radiators. The hoses and trans cooler lines are on opposite sides for the 4cyl and V6's.
So I would say no, the 98 V6 radiator won't work in place of the 97 2.3L radiator.

New radiators there start at ~$90. Given the expected lifespan of the plastic/aluminum variation, I'd say you would be better off getting a new unit that is designed to fit properly.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:26 PM
money giver
New User
money giver is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for your reply. I will probably just get a new one as that is reasonable price for new radiator. Thanks again,

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.