1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door rub strips

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 06:31 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door rub strips

I recently purchased a 2004 F 250 King Ranch from a local dealer. The first owner moved from Maryland to Wyoming and traded it in. Based on a few things, I am assuming roads are salted in Maryland. I washed the truck today and really can see how bad the door rub strips are. Does anyone have the part numbers for replacement pieces? Or should I just take them off? They look to be held on with double sided tape.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:35 PM
wizardsr
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mwvdub
I recently purchased a 2004 F 250 King Ranch from a local dealer. The first owner moved from Maryland to Wyoming and traded it in. Based on a few things, I am assuming roads are salted in Maryland. I washed the truck today and really can see how bad the door rub strips are. Does anyone have the part numbers for replacement pieces? Or should I just take them off? They look to be held on with double sided tape.
They are vinyl and are replaceable. Mine faded really bad (maroon color) and I was going to just take them off all-together. As I pulled them off, I found bubbling paint underneath. Seems as though the 2 thin strips of tape with the space down the middle works perfectly at trapping moisture, salt, etc underneath them and wreaking havoc on the paint. I ended up replacing them, the fronts were $60 each, and the rears were $40 each from the dealer. Had to give them the vin number to make sure we got the right color. When I put them on, I sealed the ends with silicone to keep the moisture from getting underneath again.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:54 PM
mwvdub
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks wizard. I called the dealership and of course got the 18 year old kidwill on his last day. Suppose I will try again in the morning. Any special trick to get them off?