6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Installed a S&B 60 Gallon Fuel Tank

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 04:23 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Installed a S&B 60 Gallon Fuel Tank

Hey fellas. I installed a 50 gallon Titan tank on my 2011 but am trying S&B's 60 gallon tank on my 2017. They are relatively new to the extended range tank game and it's good to have another choice. Anyway, I did my usual video on the install and thought some might be interested.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:20 PM
Bohen
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
Hey fellas. I installed a 50 gallon Titan tank on my 2011 but am trying S&B's 60 gallon tank on my 2017. They are relatively new to the extended range tank game and it's good to have another choice. Anyway, I did my usual video on the install and thought some might be interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Vw7_44um0
How do you go about programming your truck for the difference in the tank

Old 09-26-2019, 09:47 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Bohen
How do you go about programming your truck for the difference in the tank
Ahh, the answer to that question opens up the world of FORScan. It is software that runs on a laptop and connects to the truck via a bluetooth adapter connected to the OBDII port on the truck. There are many, many cool things on the truck that can be modified. Search the forum for FORScan threads and you can spend a week reading and learning. Here's a link to the main 2017+ spreadsheet that has instructions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...s1s/edit#gid=0

Old 09-27-2019, 06:53 AM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Great job as usual
Thanks

Old 09-27-2019, 08:48 AM
jbjones85
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice install video. I came across this tank the other day when looking for aux tanks. I like the idea of using the OEM location and saving the room in the bed. Any negatives that you have seen so far? What made you decide to go with stock take replacement vs. aux tank? (just curious)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Vw7_44um0

Old 09-27-2019, 09:05 AM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,697 Likes on 1,136 Posts
good video.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:35 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by jbjones85
Nice install video. I came across this tank the other day when looking for aux tanks. I like the idea of using the OEM location and saving the room in the bed. Any negatives that you have seen so far? What made you decide to go with stock take replacement vs. aux tank? (just curious)
No negatives at all. Main concern was not losing space in the bed and I'm long past dealing with fuel cans. I already have a bed cover canister at the front of the bed so no way I was giving up more of the 6'8". I was in a hurry and didn't do it now but pretty sure I'll come back later and install the fuel station and draw down tube. Much easier to top off the track loader and excavator on the property.

Old 09-27-2019, 10:02 AM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Received 6,376 Likes on 4,634 Posts
I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Thanks for posting your video. I haven't watched yet but will for sure. I was always keeping the the Titan 50 gallon in mind but with this having 10 extra gallons and it's cheaper in price, I think this will be the route I go when I do it. Thank you.

Old 09-28-2019, 08:40 AM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

I just found this on S&B's website. I know guys here run the FORScan as I plan to set my DPF soot % loading screen, but this is great that S&B offers this. Just FYI. I may have to do this when I do the tank for the experience...easy peezy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwyA...ature=youtu.be

Old 09-28-2019, 09:01 AM
Bohen
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Overkill2
I just found this on S&B's website. I know guys here run the FORScan as I plan to set my DPF soot % loading screen, but this is great that S&B offers this. Just FYI. I may have to do this when I do the tank for the experience...easy peezy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwyA...ature=youtu.be
Now that's cool and GREAT customer service!

Old 09-29-2019, 08:48 AM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Thanks for making your vid, Mr. Epic. It's good to know they make their tanks out of the same stuff as Titan. Very informative indeed. This is the way I'm going to go when I do a tank for my truck. Have a good day.

Old 09-29-2019, 09:28 AM
dirthawg
Posting Guru
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Nice to know we have other options other than Titan thanks Epic!...... And it's cheaper and bigger than the Titan as well.

Old 09-29-2019, 09:32 AM
Overkill2
Making donuts deplorable

Originally Posted by dirthawg
Nice to know we have other options other than Titan thanks Epic!...... And it's cheaper and bigger than the Titan as well.
That's EXACTLY what I thought, dirt!!

Old 09-30-2019, 04:59 AM
Deuce40s
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dirthawg
Same. I didn't know about this tank and I'm glad they make one for the under 17s. I'll definitely be getting one instead of Titan. I would like to see if you get 60 usable gallons out of these though.

I'm also curious if Titan drops their price with these tanks on the market.

Old 09-30-2019, 09:37 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Deuce40s
I'm also curious if Titan drops their price with these tanks on the market.
Time will tell but I can't see how Titan competes if they don't. Not only is the S&B tank larger but the added ports and focus on going high instead of low for maximum clearance really makes the purchase a no-brainer. I was also really glad to see they re-used the OEM hold down ring on the sending unit. Having to torque down the Titan ring so precisely was always a worry to me. There was always the fear of water getting past that seal if it wasn't done just right. I'm not sure if Titan has changed over to the OEM ring yet.

Quick Reply: Installed a S&B 60 Gallon Fuel Tank