Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Dash paint color?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 09:02 AM
N2GN2
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think my piece around the radio/cluster is darker than dark medium parchment like the dash/fuse cover/air bag.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:51 AM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 429 f-100
a body shop or a paint mixing store can match it for you easy we have access to a bunch of interior colors we dont use names we use chip books colors and codes . my 99 brown colors were, ln basf rm paint light prarie tan 251490 and med prarie tan 27178
Wes I too get lost when you use fancy paint color names. Being a body shop guy I just want the code or fomula # since in your business (Body shop) you can have a 2 different colors/ fomulas with the same name !!! I know you have that happen to you too !! So to just make sure I have this right the light prarie tan 251490 is the lower color and do you have the actual interior code ? Because my local jobber is a Dupont dealer and I am not sure if they can cross reference a BASF #. I wish I had a BASF shop or jobber near me. Because in my opinion BASF is the best automotive paint company in the world !!

And I would also like to point out to the do it yourself guys. That it is always a good idea after sanding and cleaning the part to use a adhesion promoter like Dupont 222S before painting. It helps in most cases to help paint to stick to interior pieces. Now if any of your interior pieces have ever had silcone/ ArmorAll on them there is a good chance you are still going to get fish eyes and peeling.

And being an X body shop guy "Silcone" is still a pet peeve !!! I don't use it and I don't like it.
It is like putting Jheri Curl or hair gel all over the inside of your truck. Just don't do it!!!
But to each their own.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:30 PM
429 f-100
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by BadDogKuzz
Wes I too get lost when you use fancy paint color names. Being a body shop guy I just want the code or fomula # since in your business (Body shop) you can have a 2 different colors/ fomulas with the same name !!! I know you have that happen to you too !! So to just make sure I have this right the light prarie tan 251490 is the lower color and do you have the actual interior code ? Because my local jobber is a Dupont dealer and I am not sure if they can cross reference a BASF #. I wish I had a BASF shop or jobber near me. Because in my opinion BASF is the best automotive paint company in the world !!

those numbers are correct sir the "gauge panel" is the lighter color the darker is the contrast darker pieces. all though i didnt mix the darker one i only painted the lower panel.let me know if he cant convert the number maybe my computer will. that was mixed in there rm solvent base we have since switched to basf's water base a few months ago its alot differant but so far its doing good.my interior code from ford is 3X on my early 99 if that helps.our new yearly paint "chip book" has lots of interior and under hood colors as well i think our varient deck "painted cards" has over 4000 varients of factory colors and changes every couple of months.

It is like putting Jheri Curl or hair gel all over the inside of your truck. Just don't do it!!!
But to each their own.
yea armor all on the steering wheel ,dash,and pedals ive seen it more than once! ed, let me know if you cant get the code or paint

Old 04-11-2012, 08:41 PM
JonathanN
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I use Armor All... only reason is because the trim doesn't look good by itself.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:21 PM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Originally Posted by JonathanN
I use Armor All... only reason is because the trim doesn't look good by itself.
Jon you are killing me here !!! LOL

Old 04-11-2012, 10:26 PM
JonathanN
Posting Guru
I know I am!

I'm not one for "cheating" to make it look nicer than it really is, but I've always used Armor All, my Dad's always used it... guess it kinda stuck. It helps the ol' girl to look better than she normally does. 330K takes it's toll. If the truck was all cleaned up and painted, I don't know if I'd still Armor All it or not.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:06 AM
429 f-100
Laughing Gas
ive probibbly only cleaned my dash ten times mabey in the 13 years ive had it never used any thing but glass cleaner or simple green something like that and i think dash still looks good i only painted the gauge panel nothing else.i cant stand when my hands and feet are slipping off the controls / i dont allow silicone in my shop i no you know why ed its a body shop nightmare!

Old 04-12-2012, 10:45 AM
JonathanN
Posting Guru
I get you... I worked in a body shop for awhile. It's not that y'all hate the wax or the Armor All, it's a PITA to clean up and/or off. Prep is the #1 most important part of all when it come to painting... too bad I never got to where I could actually shoot paint.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:10 PM
SuperDad
Tuned
You need dark parchment paint. That what color the dash panel is

Old 01-30-2013, 12:59 AM
scotttahoe
Posting Guru
purge question

hey fellas, new here and love the site!! Looking at your switches, what does purge do and mean?
thanks

Old 01-30-2013, 10:14 AM
N2GN2
New User
Originally Posted by scotttahoe
hey fellas, new here and love the site!! Looking at your switches, what does purge do and mean?
thanks
The purge switch flushes the WVO out of the fuel rail with D2.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:01 PM
scotttahoe
Posting Guru
purge question

That's what I thought it did but I didn't want to make any assumptions. I know that,s real big over in Europe. If you don't mind sharing you'r secret how did you piece it together? Where did you tie into the fuel rail and how did you power it with switch? It's something I have been wanting to for a while now just don't know how to come up with it. Thanks for you'r time.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:12 PM
N2GN2
New User
This is the only kit I recommend WVO Diesel Conversion | SVO Grease Conversion | Ford Vegistroke Powerstroke | Biodiesel Conversion. Give the guys a call. Check out the forum over there. You can get any question answered!

Old 01-30-2013, 12:24 PM
scotttahoe
Posting Guru
purge question

I'll do that. Thanks again for you'r time.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Clay H
Elder User
Originally Posted by N2GN2
I think my piece around the radio/cluster is darker than dark medium parchment like the dash/fuse cover/air bag.
Did you have any paint left over? I need that same color and would buy the left over if you think its enough to paint another F650 dash panel.

Quick Reply: Dash paint color?