1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

My new Excursion and upgrades with help from CT Performance and Riff Raff Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 05:06 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Right now I am gonna take a break form any additional work since it seems like more snow is on the way and Easter week will be busy with church and Family. The only thing I want to get done in the short term is install the new PCM Ben (www.totaldieselperformance.com) sent me so it's ready for the T Wildman chip.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:20 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Well I couldn't keep away from tinkering again. I felt the pull calling me to the garage.

Got the PMT1 PCM from Ben installed in the Excursion tonight. All seems to be running fine.

Only took it out for @ 15 miles with 5 of that on the highway. But all seems good so far. Gonna drive it around for a few days to make sure all is good before the chip gets here.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:27 PM
onelionhunter
Laughing Gas

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Addiction

The addiction is brutal eh Rich? I have inlaws in for Easter weekend, but the father inlaw enjoys the wrenching in the shop, old memories I suppose, so the gang and i will feed the PMS like you are, that is a sweet setup you have put together. Trying to sell my bride on an EX for her border collie addiction now as well, hope to be as lucky as you are soon!

Old 04-18-2011, 11:33 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by onelionhunter
......... Trying to sell my bride on an EX for her border collie addiction now as well, hope to be as lucky as you are soon!
Keep trying Tom! We are using the EX to haul my daughters show rabbits around, well at least that was my excuse for buying it.........

Old 04-19-2011, 07:42 AM
Diesel Submariner
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DUAL STABILISERS

Originally Posted by white Buffalo
pics of the front end and dual front shocks. Tranny should be back in tomorrow and hopefully on the road in a few days.

G'day Rich,
You've put a lot of good thought into this project and she's coming up pretty good.

What I would like to know is; How to get a hold of the Dual steering Stabiliser (yes along with sitting on the other side of the truck, we spell it with a 's' over here ) you've installed.
I've been lookin' for such a set up for some time. I've seen plenty with the bracket clamped around the centre of the axle housing and using a couple of the bolts for the 'Pumpkin Lid' to stop that clamp arrangement from sliding or rotating.
However I've got ARB Air Lockers and an ARB Pumpkin Lid on the front diff. These diff covers are a lot thicker the OEM pressed metal type and therefore you can't use the diff cover bolts.
The type you've chosen seems ideal for my set up.

Who makes it and do you know if they ship 'Downunder'

Cheers,
Reg
---------------------------
Aussie spec Brazilian built 2005 (US 2003) F-250 Superduty 4x4 7.3Ltr Powerstroke: PHP FU2 6 Pos’n Chip, 6 x ISSPRO Promax Guages, AIS Intake, Zoodad, Cowl Hood, AIH Delete, DIY CCV, BTM muffler, MBRP 4” Black Tip, RiffRaff FRx,HPx,OCR, JWVB, ARB Air Lockers Front & Rear, V10 Tranny cooler in series with Stock Tranny cooler, Deep Tranny Pan, ARB Bull Bar, Edge Evo (for PIDs & Codes only), Long Range Fuel Tank, VMS in Dash GPS Street & Off Road Nav, Toyo OPAT AT 305 70R 16”on 10” Rims, Moog Greasable Ball Joints, Tough Dog Steering Stabiliser, HD Suspension & Leveling Spring for GVWR (GVM) Upgrade to 5,000Kg.
fficeffice" /><O></O>

Old 04-19-2011, 12:33 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Reg,

I bought all the aftermarket suspension items (except the springs, swaybar & rear blocks) from Cary at CT Performance. Here is his website.

CT Performance Inc

I will PM you his e-mail address. Cary spent quite some time with me on the phone numerous times when I was first trying to decide on what setup was right for me since I knew zero about suspension. He's a wealth of information when it comes to suspension. Hope this info helps.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:07 AM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Snowseeker,

the front body mounts apear to be OK - but to be honest I do not know how to tell if they are bad. But they look fine. I had some cluncking that sounded like it was right under the driver's side floor board - Cary suggested I replace the front sway bar bushings. His advice was right on, the noise is all gone.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:08 AM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
I have been offline for a few weeks - had a loss in my family and needed a few weeks to be with family and get refocused.

Since my last post I changed out the bushings on the front sway bar. Thanks Cary (OBSWIZ) - you were right on the mark on the cause of my clunking that I felt right under the drivers side floorboard.

Installed a PMT1 PCM - Thanks Ben!
New belt tensioner & belt

Been out having fun driving. Got my chip from Tony Wildman installed and it's like having a new vehicle.

1. Economy - won't know about fuel mileage for a while - still romping in the higher hp tunes!
2. Tow (automatic downshifts, TC remains locked)
3. Heavy tow (auto downshifts, TC remains locked, EGT's never high!)
4. Daily driver (sweeet shifts & power!)
5. NTWITA (THis setting sent my daughters happy meal to the rear window)
6. High idle

Old 05-13-2011, 11:13 AM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
ordered the OCR (Overboost Code Regulator) from Riff Raff along with a spare black CPS on sale.

Now I think I will start focusing/researching on some tires and rims to fill in the wheel wells!

Old 05-13-2011, 12:24 PM
Brother Les
Cargo Master
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
white Buffalo
I have been offline for a few weeks - had a loss in my family and needed a few weeks to be with family and get refocused.

My condolences to you and your family on your loss, Rich. It is Family, First and always.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 143 Likes on 103 Posts
Smile

Since my last post I changed out the bushings on the front sway bar. Thanks Cary (OBSWIZ) - you were right on the mark on the cause of my clunking that I felt right under the drivers side floorboard.

Been out having fun driving. Got my chip from Tony Wildman installed and it's like having a new vehicle.

1. Economy - won't know about fuel mileage for a while - still romping in the higher hp tunes!
6. High idle
My condolences Rich. What is NTWITA. I guess I should no, probably high HP tune what are the letter standing for. Thanks Chet

Old 05-13-2011, 01:14 PM
DB Guy
Junior User

6. High idle
Is your GPCM working with that PMT PCM? My wifes Excursion has eaten 5 GPCM's over the years and now I am working on a PCM and motor harness swap to get rid of it.

Just curious!

Looks good, if I could find a white X I would trade my truck I think!

Old 05-13-2011, 07:20 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Thanks Les & Chet. It's something we all have to go through in life - just need time to work things out.

Chet - NTWITA = Now That's What I'm Talking About!

Joe - The PMT1 PCM has been in there for about a month. No problems with the GPCM as of yet.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:25 AM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
How much height difference is there between the new hangers and the OEM hangers?

Stewart
I found the notebook where we wrote the before and after heights. Looks like it raised it the rear 2 3/4" and the front 3 1/4".

Sorry ot took me so long. With the 305's on her, she had about 1" of clearance to get in the garage which has 7' doors. <!-- / message -->

Old 01-21-2012, 06:35 AM
JMM-MD
Senior User
White Buffalo - Great write up! Wish I had found this before I started mine! Probably would have saved a few calls to Clay!

Quick Reply: My new Excursion and upgrades with help from CT Performance and Riff Raff Diesel