Sponsored by: DP Tuner

EBP Tube discolored

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 11:21 AM
firestroker8706
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EBP Tube discolored

I removed and cleaned my EBP sensor and tube (Thanks Guzzle!) and noticed some pretty serious discoloration on the end of the tube closest to the exhaust.

I was just wondering if this is normal, or if I should be looking for a problem. I understand that the tube is gonna get hot, I just wanna makes sure it isn't getting too hot.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:26 AM
brownie83
Posting Guru
mine is pretty discolored too...then it broke apart. just put a new tube and sensor on yesterday nite...i would just keep an eye on it to make sure it stays in tact...i should have just got 5/16 brake tube and made my own, but the tube was already ordered. you can always make on to replace your old one...just use existing nuts and ferrells...thats what im doing next...

Old 03-06-2011, 11:30 AM
twags6
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Its gonna be a little discolored because the exhaust gets so hot on long pulls. Mine has some color to it too, but no holes or cracks yet. Like Chris said, keep an eye on it.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:12 PM
firestroker8706
Senior User
I just wanted to be sure. Didn't want to find out the hard way i was breaking something. I figured it would get hot, but I hoped the Ford would have used a material that could withstand the heat.

I guess that's why you're supposed to check for holes and such huh?

I'll add that to my checks for every oil change now, just so I don't find out the hard way.

Thanks guys!

Old 03-06-2011, 08:14 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It would have been nice if Ford added more grease zerks to lube important moving parts so for us to assume Ford would upgrade slightly to a better quality metal tube would be asking to much, not being smart, just saying . Keeping an eye on that tube every 6 months would be good, with trucks like mine up here in the rust belt we need to look things over a little closer, ours seem to rust out alot quicker.