Manitoba / Saskatchewan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fomoko1

Ford in Lampmans back alley

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 07:28 PM
cole.jace
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford in Lampmans back alley

So today i watched a funny scene. since it was nice weather i guess people were out in the snow having some fun. So I was comming back from main street and i see a 04 generation ford stuck in a snowbank almost on the highway just down from my house stuck in a 3ft snow embankment of hard packed snow. Laughing to myself i Went home and looked down the backalley.

There is already a 1 ton service truck that had headed down to help this fellow trucker so i watched idk if he was hooked on but he starts backing off and falls off the trail right beside a fence getting himself stuck halfway between the nice clear pushed of snow and the ford.

Then another 1 ton service truck comes and goes straight down the backalley by this time ive moved into the house and watching from a window. i guess my yelling at pulling at the strong point made the guy turn around and back into the other truck . Bad idea he fell off and got stuck with his front half of his truck on the good snow. So you guess it another 1 ton pulls in and hooks onto him.

Finally 1 by 1 they all start getting pulled out by long tow ropes. They leave the ford and about 20 min later a payloader starts making its way down the back alley Anyways we start to see the payloader take off backwards and gets stopped. ANother pull and its out of the bank but off the path so the payloader is still struggleing finally the ford gets up on the pathway now made and they are all happy. The kicker is that they attched the towrope onto the bucket and lifted up well pulling.

And i dont know whats worse that i was in more snow then that when i hit the ditch and pulled myself up with 4lo with some highway tires or that it took 3 trucks and a payloader to get the ford out.

Well thats my story. Shout outs from Lampman.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:09 PM
LaredoF350
Postmaster
A few whiskeys, and it sounds like a new song in the making - just replace the 'mud' in Corb Lund's Truck Got Stuck with 'snow'!

Old 03-06-2011, 05:18 PM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LaredoF350
A few whiskeys, and it sounds like a new song in the making - just replace the 'mud' in Corb Lund's Truck Got Stuck with 'snow'!
No kidding. I had the opportunity to pull a few trucks out of the snow this past week. A builder had his F150 stuck in a back alley, took 3 good tugs to get him out, then proceeded to tow him backwards for a block or 2 for good measure. We had a good laugh about it, I asked him if that was far enough... The other was a small Nissan pickup, well burried in an approach. Driver mis-judged the width of the approach. Light tug got him back on the road. I love having 4x4. Its nice to be able to help people.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Snowking
Post Fiend
We've all been there before, luckily I've been drunk most of my times...
My latest adventure this year was my roomate got his Colbalt stuck on a backroad, long story shot my F250 used him like a snowblade

Old 03-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Aaron-71
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowking
We've all been there before, luckily I've been drunk most of my times...
My latest adventure this year was my roomate got his Colbalt stuck on a backroad, long story shot my F250 used him like a snowblade
Lol, and that's exactly what those cobalts are good for during the winter!

Bahahhahaha! Eco cars during the winter... you'd think todays youth would learn that Saskatchewan's -50 and +50 temps aren't to be ignored!