Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

NAACC

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 01:48 PM
POPAJON
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
NAACC

I was just browzing through the new PI mag and I noticed the guess editorial. Headline was " Can They Outlaw Hot Rodding?" The details are too long to get into here but they have a web site www.naacc.ca. I would like to ask that , if you have the time, all of the Ontario members have a boo at this. It's got me thinking if the Manatoba government can do this I KNOW Ontarios government will soon try it. I had e-mailed John Carlson the Ontario director of NAACC and he told me that, the more clubs that sign up the stronger our voice will be. As of now there are NO FTE Chapters involved. Anybody have an opinion on this/or heard of them?

Old 03-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now added to the to do list.

Originally Posted by POPAJON
I was just browzing through the new PI mag and I noticed the guess editorial. Headline was " Can They Outlaw Hot Rodding?" The details are too long to get into here but they have a web site www.naacc.ca. I would like to ask that , if you have the time, all of the Ontario members have a boo at this. It's got me thinking if the Manatoba government can do this I KNOW Ontarios government will soon try it. I had e-mailed John Carlson the Ontario director of NAACC and he told me that, the more clubs that sign up the stronger our voice will be. As of now there are NO FTE Chapters involved. Anybody have an opinion on this/or heard of them?
It sure is funny how these social engineers have so much time on their hands that they can afford to dictate to others how old a vehicle and what kind of vehicle they should be driving, it is my guess if these same folks were to stop spewing so much crap (methane) that alone would lower the green house gases

Old 03-01-2011, 04:15 PM
POPAJON
Fleet Mechanic
Well said Red Ford, if we can get something going here or get some interest generated it may be worth while investigating a little further. What say ye, Ontario Chapter? I would be willing to call John Carlson to get more info, but ONLY if you guys are interested.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:23 PM
77460ford
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Ontario "Street Racing Law" shows how far politicians will go to implement their view(s), while having common sense absent from the picture. It took the aftermarket to come to the table in the fight to prevent outright banning of nitrous and also the banning of leaded fuels for racing. Yes! I'm interested.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:33 PM
POPAJON
Fleet Mechanic
MMMMMMMMMM 65 viewings and only 2 replies, not a good showing. Oh well

Old 03-02-2011, 06:41 PM
falconqueenD
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Tree Huggers bite the Tires

I think it is a bunch of **** compiled by guy`s wifes to shut us gear heads down

4x4 Rodding lowered what ever FOREVER

Old 03-02-2011, 09:40 PM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well there's two ways to look at this,......
1-if they won't let any written off old vehicles back on the road then the ones that are on the road will be worth more ...... and there will be more parts available from the wrecks for those of us who need parts

2-if you wreck your pride and joy you can't ever get it back, hell you can't even sell the title. How many rare cars like Shelbys are plain Mustangs that have been re-VIN'd?

Today in Ontario any vehicle that is written off gets a "Branded" title and must be inspected during and after the repair to be deemed fit for the road. The title will always remain as Branded so that buyer knows the car was written off. This legislation should be enough to let "natural selection" take place in the market. No one would bother restoring a Branded vehicle unless it was of special interest, collectible or just plain sentimental value, The average clunker that the Manitoba legislation is aimed is already taken care of.
I see no need to complicate things further by adding more misguided laws. I'd support the Ontario chapter throwing in with NAACC. Count me in.

Frank