Sponsored by: Moser

What did you pay for your truck?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 05:18 PM
wolf189
Senior User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tseekins
I think that if you can negotiate a better price th an X-plan then you should try. Otherwise, i think X-plan is a pretty solid deal. People aren't giving X-plan enough credit for capping dealer doc fees and eliminating transfer fees if any are incurred. My dealer charges $549 for their doc fees. I pay $100.00. I'm already $449.00 to the good.
very true... plus the simple fact that x-plan doesn't really require any effort (get your PIN, pick your vehicle, give the PIN to the dealership, and reap the benefits of a very good price). the alternative of going thru the traditional haggling route MAY give you a better price than x-plan (probably not unless you are lucky but, it can be done depending on the vehicle and various other factors) but, how much work/frustration/aggravation/etc will it take to get to that price and what is that time/energy worth to you? personally I'd rather go with the simpler process even if it did end up costing me a little more but, that's just me and someone else may feel differently.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:52 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by wolf189
very true... plus the simple fact that x-plan doesn't really require any effort (get your PIN, pick your vehicle, give the PIN to the dealership, and reap the benefits of a very good price). the alternative of going thru the traditional haggling route MAY give you a better price than x-plan (probably not unless you are lucky but, it can be done depending on the vehicle and various other factors) but, how much work/frustration/aggravation/etc will it take to get to that price and what is that time/energy worth to you? personally I'd rather go with the simpler process even if it did end up costing me a little more but, that's just me and someone else may feel differently.
And the cool thing about my X-plan purchase last summer was that I was only at the dealer for about 1 1/2 hours. It would have been shorter but there were two people ahead of me waiting for the F & I guy.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:25 PM
B W Smith
New User
I have new Supercrew coming shortly. 45k list. After rebates in Ontario of 7000.00 and dealer discounts of 4000.00 price is 34k plus tax. Ford Canada is throwing in 1000.00 in options as well. I can live with this.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:30 PM
TrapperDave
Junior User
Hey guys if you're serving in the military or have served, ask for a military discount. Not all dealers offer a military type discount but its worth asking for if you qualify for one. It saved me $500. For that matter at the price of these vehicles, if your affiliated with any kind of special group ask if the dealer offers a savings discount for being a member.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:07 AM
ArtsBest
Elder User
WAIT until the late fall season if you can. A no brainer of a time to buy. Last fall supply and incentives were off the charts so to speak. GREAT opportunities abound then. Plus this year you'll get these new engines.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:11 PM
drh1175
Senior User
I ended up getting a price I was happy with on my order. MSRP was $42358 I got it for 400 under invoice at $38129 minus debates when it comes in. When it is said and done should be around $33629. I was very happy with what I got!

Old 03-01-2011, 05:13 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by TrapperDave
Hey guys if you're serving in the military or have served, ask for a military discount. Not all dealers offer a military type discount but its worth asking for if you qualify for one. It saved me $500. For that matter at the price of these vehicles, if your affiliated with any kind of special group ask if the dealer offers a savings discount for being a member.
The military discount is for all active duty folks and people who recently retired within 180 days. They will ask for verification.

The $500.00 incentives for military and cops cannot be used with X-plan if you qualify.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:18 PM
wolf189
Senior User

Originally Posted by tseekins
The military discount is for all active duty folks and people who recently retired within 180 days. They will ask for verification.

The $500.00 incentives for military and cops cannot be used with X-plan if you qualify.
yep, and since it's been way more than 180 days since my separation I don't get to use that discount... oh well, I'm pretty sure I'll get a decent enough deal without it but... it sure would be nice to get an extra $500 off without any extra work.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:53 PM
murph1
Senior User
I paid less than the 3 yr. old used ones on the lots...

If you are amember of the N.R.A. there is a substansal savings from time to time..they even tell you the dealer in centives going on...You have to go to a dealer that is in their "program"
I have seen some trucks with up $6000 off...It comes and go's it seems like..maybe some one else on here knows this as well...

Old 03-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Eric Landstrom
Senior User
I pulled the trigger. I wanted a Platinum without the 20" wheels because our roads frost heave to the degree that 20" wheels ride too rough and eventually get bent but I couldn't get past the hideous interior color schemes available on the Platinum and so I opted to order a Lariat with a tan interior.

Anyway,

F150 4x4 SS CRW 145"
Red Candy Tint
Leather bucket seats
Abobe interior
Preferred equipment package Lariat series auto temp privacy glass
Eco 3.5 V6
3.55 limited slip (lockers don't work well in snow)
Select shift
Lariat Chrome package
License brackets
Engine block heater
Sony Navigation
Lariat Plus Package
Bed Extender
Tailgate step
Trailer Brake Controller

Sticker 48660 Dealer Invoice 44165

With $3500 in incentives and $300 off dealer invoice for the build out ($300 under dealer invoice) I'm at $8295 off of the sticker.

I'm getting $250 for taking off the Lariat Chrome package running boards and adding $975 for Amp Research PowerStep (Ford builds these under license from Amp Research).

Additionally, I've requested a F150 brochure by mail and stated that I want to buy in the next 0-30 days which should give me either a $500 or $750 coupon that can be attached to any deal.

Oddly enough, with a $1000 discount offered if you order both the navigation system and moon roof, I'm paying $4.00 more for a truck without the moon roof. What can I say: Having once been an auto tech, I loath moon roofs and the leaks they cause, the tracks that screw up, the wind noise the introduce, the reduced head clearance and so on.

The dealer wasn't competitive for a Rhino liner, Weather Tech digital rubber floor mats or Weather Tech mud flaps or an Access soft Tonneau cover for $369 with free shipping.

I'm thinking about adding some halo projector headlights for more light at night to avoid critters that are in the road.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:22 PM
grm61
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric Landstrom
3.55 limited slip (lockers don't work well in snow)
Not sure I understand your reasoning....The electric locker is SELECTABLE, its either on, (Locked solid), or off (open).

In the off position, the truck with the E locker is much LESS likely to fishtail in the snow, than a truck with a limited slip.

That's the beauty of a selectable locker, its there when YOU decide you need it, and invisible when you don't.

Lots of Locker Myths out there...

Congratulations on your truck, I'm sure you will be very happy with it.

Greg

Old 03-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Eric Landstrom
Senior User
Originally Posted by grm61
Not sure I understand your reasoning....The electric locker is SELECTABLE, its either on, (Locked solid), or off (open).

In the off position, the truck with the E locker is much LESS likely to fishtail in the snow, than a truck with a limited slip.

That's the beauty of a selectable locker, its there when YOU decide you need it, and invisible when you don't.

Lots of Locker Myths out there...

Congratulations on your truck, I'm sure you will be very happy with it.

Greg
Cruising along at speed the e-locker getting flipped on cannot react as fast as the limited slip. When the truck travels over a patch of ice, then the undriven wheel acts like a rudder like an open dif.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:20 PM
grm61
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not sure why you would need the locker or the posi at speed.

The only time the LSD will have a undriven wheel to act like a rudder is under no load.....

Dude, ya got the posi you'll be fine with it congrats....
The blanket statement "lockers Don't work well in snow" was why I replied.

My CJ has a Detroit Locker in the back, and a ARB air Locker in the front...
it works well in the snow...

Old 03-11-2011, 11:30 PM
Eric Landstrom
Senior User
Originally Posted by grm61
Not sure why you would need the locker or the posi at speed.

The only time the LSD will have a undriven wheel to act like a rudder is under no load.....

Dude, ya got the posi you'll be fine with it congrats....
The blanket statement "lockers Don't work well in snow" was why I replied.

My CJ has a Detroit Locker in the back, and a ARB air Locker in the front...
it works well in the snow...

Your missing the need: increased traction while at speed.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:33 AM
FI50
Junior User
Originally Posted by Eric Landstrom
Cruising along at speed the e-locker getting flipped on cannot react as fast as the limited slip. When the truck travels over a patch of ice, then the undriven wheel acts like a rudder like an open dif.
Eric, I gave to agree with Greg. To re-phrase your statement, the "undriven wheel acts as a stabilizer" since it does not steer. One complaint about lockers is that the equal force from both rear wheels results in the vehicle wanting to go straight ahead, no matter which way the front two wheels are pointed.

Quick Reply: What did you pay for your truck?