6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Hi

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 10:05 PM
Hogpauls
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

Newb here checking in and saying "Hi". Have to say FTE is a great site. Mostly all my questions have been answered and salesman myths have been dispelled after reading 40 pages of threads, only 35 or so more to go.

A little background as to why I'm here: I've had my '98 Ram 1500 since new and have been looking for a new truck with clearance from "Command and Control". I've had my mind made up on 11 F250 and all the options I want and what is going to get done to it after the purchase. Then BAM walked into the dealer today and theres this F350 with a lower sticker with all the options I want and a few more. As I understand it the only difference between the two is payload capacity, correct? I assume MPG should be the same? Oh yeah, it'll be my first diesel also.

I have to wait for another week or two, then I can pull the trigger. I feel like a puppy with happy bladder at the thought of a new truck after 13 years.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:25 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hogpauls
Newb here checking in and saying "Hi". Have to say FTE is a great site. Mostly all my questions have been answered and salesman myths have been dispelled after reading 40 pages of threads, only 35 or so more to go.

A little background as to why I'm here: I've had my '98 Ram 1500 since new and have been looking for a new truck with clearance from "Command and Control". I've had my mind made up on 11 F250 and all the options I want and what is going to get done to it after the purchase. Then BAM walked into the dealer today and theres this F350 with a lower sticker with all the options I want and a few more. As I understand it the only difference between the two is payload capacity, correct? I assume MPG should be the same? Oh yeah, it'll be my first diesel also.

I have to wait for another week or two, then I can pull the trigger. I feel like a puppy with happy bladder at the thought of a new truck after 13 years.
Hog...

Welcome to FTE. Your puppy line was hilarious...never heard that line before...You are pretty much on track with the F350 stuff. It may ride a little rougher, not much, but it will haul more. Pound for pound, mileage will be the same

Regards

Old 02-16-2011, 06:37 AM
gearloose1
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Rick,

Compared to the 150, the 250/350s with higher ground clearance will get slightly less at highway speeds as there is more turbulence there.

Assuming that it is all from the lift, and not from bigger tires (esp. wider ones) that extract their own penalty.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:18 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Originally Posted by gearloose1
Compared to the 150, the 250/350s with higher ground clearance will get slightly less at highway speeds as there is more turbulence there.

Assuming that it is all from the lift, and not from bigger tires (esp. wider ones) that extract their own penalty.
He was comparing an F250 to F350.

I agree with Rick, my '08 F250 would get ~15-16 highway MPGs and my '11 F350 gets ~19-21 highway MPGs.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:27 AM
Thom12
Senior User
Originally Posted by Hogpauls
A little background as to why I'm here: I've had my '98 Ram 1500 since new and have been looking for a new truck with clearance from "Command and Control".

Is "Command and Control" another name for SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed)?

Welcome to FTE!

Old 02-16-2011, 09:34 AM
Hogpauls
New User
Originally Posted by Thom12
Is "Command and Control" another name for SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed)?

Welcome to FTE!
Exactly. I wouldn't trade her in on another model though.