Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

tire size

 
  #1  
Old 02-12-2011, 08:38 PM
arrowheadfred's Avatar
arrowheadfred
arrowheadfred is offline
Posting Guru
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: WEWAHITCHKA FL.
Posts: 1,781
arrowheadfred has a good reputation on FTE.arrowheadfred has a good reputation on FTE.
tire size

How wide and how tall is a 255/70/15 ? I need a spare tire cover and need to know what size this tire is so it will fit tight.
 
  #2  
Old 02-12-2011, 08:39 PM
ibuzzard's Avatar
ibuzzard
ibuzzard is online now
Gone But Not Forgotten
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Boulder Creek, Ca.
Posts: 2,682
ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.
Dale,have you got a tape measure?
 
  #3  
Old 02-12-2011, 08:56 PM
ibuzzard's Avatar
ibuzzard
ibuzzard is online now
Gone But Not Forgotten
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Boulder Creek, Ca.
Posts: 2,682
ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.
Just kidding!
 
  #4  
Old 02-12-2011, 08:57 PM
arrowheadfred's Avatar
arrowheadfred
arrowheadfred is offline
Posting Guru
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: WEWAHITCHKA FL.
Posts: 1,781
arrowheadfred has a good reputation on FTE.arrowheadfred has a good reputation on FTE.
tape

Yes i do !!! But my truck is 30 miles . Tape is only 25' LOL
 
  #5  
Old 02-12-2011, 09:08 PM
52 Merc's Avatar
52 Merc
52 Merc is offline
Post Fiend
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Burbank, WA
Posts: 7,929
52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of
  #6  
Old 02-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Moe Craig's Avatar
Moe Craig
Moe Craig is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hot AZ (Phoenix Valley)
Posts: 3,136
Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.
<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=1 cellSpacing=0 borderColor=black cellPadding=4 background=images/spacer.gif><TBODY><TR bgColor=#d3d3d3><TD>Stock Tire - 255/70R15 >Search Tires </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" onmouseover="style.backgroundColor='#D3D3D3'; window.status='Section Width: the width of a tire; the width at its widest point from sidewall to sidewall.';" onmouseout="style.backgroundColor='#FFFFFF'; window.status='';"><TD bgColor=#eeeeee><TABLE width=280><TBODY><TR><TD width=100>Section Width:</TD><TD width=80 align=right>10.03 in</TD><TD align=right>255 mm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" onmouseover="style.backgroundColor='#D3D3D3'; window.status='Rim Diameter: height of the wheel this tire will fit on';" onmouseout="style.backgroundColor='#FFFFFF'; window.status='';"><TD bgColor=#eeeeee><TABLE width=280><TBODY><TR><TD width=100>Rim Diameter:</TD><TD width=80 align=right>15 in</TD><TD align=right>381 mm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" onmouseover="style.backgroundColor='#D3D3D3'; window.status='Rim Width Range: recommended rim widths that this tire will fit on';" onmouseout="style.backgroundColor='#FFFFFF'; window.status='';"><TD bgColor=#eeeeee><TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width=100>Rim Width Range:</TD><TD width=80 align=right>6.5 - 8.5 in</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" onmouseover="style.backgroundColor='#D3D3D3'; window.status='Diameter: overall height of the tire';" onmouseout="style.backgroundColor='#FFFFFF'; window.status='';"><TD bgColor=#eeeeee><TABLE width=280><TBODY><TR><TD width=100>Overall Diameter:</TD><TD width=80 align=right>29.05 in</TD><TD align=right>737.87 mm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" onmouseover="style.backgroundColor='#D3D3D3'; window.status='Sidewall: the height of one tire sidewall';" onmouseout="style.backgroundColor='#FFFFFF'; window.status='';"><TD bgColor=#eeeeee><TABLE width=280><TBODY><TR><TD width=100>Sidewall Height:</TD><TD width=80 align=right>7.02 in</TD><TD align=right>178.30 mm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" onmouseover="style.backgroundColor='#D3D3D3'; window.status='Radius: height from the center of the tire to the outside edge';" onmouseout="style.backgroundColor='#FFFFFF'; window.status='';"><TD bgColor=#eeeeee><TABLE width=280><TBODY><TR><TD width=100>Radius:</TD><TD width=80 align=right>14.52 in</TD><TD align=right>368.80 mm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" onmouseover="style.backgroundColor='#D3D3D3'; window.status='Circumference: distance around the outside edge of the tire';" onmouseout="style.backgroundColor='#FFFFFF'; window.status='';"><TD bgColor=#eeeeee><TABLE width=280><TBODY><TR><TD width=100>Circumference:</TD><TD width=80 align=right>91.26 in</TD><TD align=right>2318.0 mm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR onmouseover="style.backgroundColor='#D3D3D3'; window.status='Revs per Mile: number of times this size tire rotates when travelling one mile';" onmouseout="style.backgroundColor='#FFFFFF'; window.status='';"><TD bgColor=#eeeeee><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD width=100>Revs per Mile:</TD><TD width=130 align=right>716.0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TR></TR></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
 
  #7  
Old 02-12-2011, 09:13 PM
ibuzzard's Avatar
ibuzzard
ibuzzard is online now
Gone But Not Forgotten
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Boulder Creek, Ca.
Posts: 2,682
ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.
Wayne,is there a calculator to tell me exactly how many 1/2" tek-screws from a construction site,that the average worn-out, radial truck tire will be able to absorb before giving up the ghost?
 
  #8  
Old 02-12-2011, 09:19 PM
ibuzzard's Avatar
ibuzzard
ibuzzard is online now
Gone But Not Forgotten
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Boulder Creek, Ca.
Posts: 2,682
ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by arrowheadfred View Post
Yes i do !!! But my truck is 30 miles . Tape is only 25' LOL
Should have bought the 35-mile FatMax.
 
  #9  
Old 02-12-2011, 09:20 PM
52 Merc's Avatar
52 Merc
52 Merc is offline
Post Fiend
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Burbank, WA
Posts: 7,929
52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of52 Merc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ibuzzard View Post
Wayne,is there a calculator to tell me exactly how many 1/2" tek-screws from a construction site,that the average worn-out, radial truck tire will be able to absorb before giving up the ghost?
Let's find out...

YouTube - Tootsie Pop
 
  #10  
Old 02-12-2011, 09:34 PM
arrowheadfred's Avatar
arrowheadfred
arrowheadfred is offline
Posting Guru
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: WEWAHITCHKA FL.
Posts: 1,781
arrowheadfred has a good reputation on FTE.arrowheadfred has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Moe Craig View Post
<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=1 cellSpacing=0 borderColor=black cellPadding=4 background=images/spacer.gif><TBODY><TR bgColor=#d3d3d3><TD>Stock Tire - 255/70R15 >Search Tires </TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" onmouseover="style.backgroundColor='#D3D3D3'; window.status='Section Width: the width of a tire; the width at its widest point from sidewall to sidewall.';" onmouseout="style.backgroundColor='#FFFFFF'; window.status='';"><TD bgColor=#eeeeee><TABLE width=280><TBODY><TR><TD width=100>Section Width:</TD><TD width=80 align=right>10.03 in</TD><TD align=right>255 mm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" onmouseover="style.backgroundColor='#D3D3D3'; window.status='Rim Diameter: height of the wheel this tire will fit on';" onmouseout="style.backgroundColor='#FFFFFF'; window.status='';"><TD bgColor=#eeeeee><TABLE width=280><TBODY><TR><TD width=100>Rim Diameter:</TD><TD width=80 align=right>15 in</TD><TD align=right>381 mm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" onmouseover="style.backgroundColor='#D3D3D3'; window.status='Rim Width Range: recommended rim widths that this tire will fit on';" onmouseout="style.backgroundColor='#FFFFFF'; window.status='';"><TD bgColor=#eeeeee><TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width=100>Rim Width Range:</TD><TD width=80 align=right>6.5 - 8.5 in</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" onmouseover="style.backgroundColor='#D3D3D3'; window.status='Diameter: overall height of the tire';" onmouseout="style.backgroundColor='#FFFFFF'; window.status='';"><TD bgColor=#eeeeee><TABLE width=280><TBODY><TR><TD width=100>Overall Diameter:</TD><TD width=80 align=right>29.05 in</TD><TD align=right>737.87 mm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" onmouseover="style.backgroundColor='#D3D3D3'; window.status='Sidewall: the height of one tire sidewall';" onmouseout="style.backgroundColor='#FFFFFF'; window.status='';"><TD bgColor=#eeeeee><TABLE width=280><TBODY><TR><TD width=100>Sidewall Height:</TD><TD width=80 align=right>7.02 in</TD><TD align=right>178.30 mm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" onmouseover="style.backgroundColor='#D3D3D3'; window.status='Radius: height from the center of the tire to the outside edge';" onmouseout="style.backgroundColor='#FFFFFF'; window.status='';"><TD bgColor=#eeeeee><TABLE width=280><TBODY><TR><TD width=100>Radius:</TD><TD width=80 align=right>14.52 in</TD><TD align=right>368.80 mm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" onmouseover="style.backgroundColor='#D3D3D3'; window.status='Circumference: distance around the outside edge of the tire';" onmouseout="style.backgroundColor='#FFFFFF'; window.status='';"><TD bgColor=#eeeeee><TABLE width=280><TBODY><TR><TD width=100>Circumference:</TD><TD width=80 align=right>91.26 in</TD><TD align=right>2318.0 mm</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" onmouseover="style.backgroundColor='#D3D3D3'; window.status='Revs per Mile: number of times this size tire rotates when travelling one mile';" onmouseout="style.backgroundColor='#FFFFFF'; window.status='';"><TD bgColor=#eeeeee><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD width=100>Revs per Mile:</TD><TD width=130 align=right>716.0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TR></TR></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
THANKS MOE !!!!!!
 
  #11  
Old 02-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Moe Craig's Avatar
Moe Craig
Moe Craig is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hot AZ (Phoenix Valley)
Posts: 3,136
Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by ibuzzard View Post
Wayne,is there a calculator to tell me exactly how many 1/2" tek-screws from a construction site,that the average worn-out, radial truck tire will be able to absorb before giving up the ghost?
The calculator wants to know what size, brand and style of tire? It also wants to know mileage and/or tread depth and weight of vehicle?

LOL.. We says it only takes one.... you might have a couple 357 holes from me too... But just one screw!
 

Last edited by Moe Craig; 02-12-2011 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Added info

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.