6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Order or Not to Order...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 12:12 PM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggziff
I called Woodhouse and over the phone they were at or below invoice on the first call. They will be competitive with any dealer in the US.
Big- how did you go about making this call. Just ask for a salesman, fleet, mgr?

I have been eyeing Woodhouse since Rickatic mentioned them months ago, great selection. I am in KC so it's not a long ride to their location. I'm saving my pennies and will pull the trigger in the fall/early winter...probably MY12 at that point unless they have what I'm looking for in an 11.

Thanks

Old 02-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NStorm
Big- how did you go about making this call. Just ask for a salesman, fleet, mgr?

I have been eyeing Woodhouse since Rickatic mentioned them months ago, great selection. I am in KC so it's not a long ride to their location. I'm saving my pennies and will pull the trigger in the fall/early winter...probably MY12 at that point unless they have what I'm looking for in an 11.

Thanks
I went to their website, checked inventory and clicked the "Call me" button. A sales dude called me in 10 minutes, told him what I wanted and he called me back with very good pricing on the first go round.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:34 PM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Biggziff
I went to their website, checked inventory and clicked the "Call me" button. A sales dude called me in 10 minutes, told him what I wanted and he called me back with very good pricing on the first go round.
Slick! Ok, thanks for the response. They're massive, at one point they had well over 200 F-250's in their possession...all configurations. Down around 150 now it looks like.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:54 PM
KC8QVO
Cargo Master
Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Well I got another offer today. King Ranch F350 with all the fixin's - 11 days on the lot, $65,515 sticker, down to $53,587 (plus fees as they say, and if I finance through Ford to get the extra $1000). I told that dealer I am putting together my order at the other dealer and if they could shoot me a price just to see if they are even in the ballgame then I would at least consider it. So far things look fairly promising.

They did mention their price was $643 over invoice = $57,087. Subtracting off the $2500 rebate and $1000 for Ford financing gets to the $53,587.

Going off of some figures brought up in the other thread I had it seems mark-up could be as much as 22%. Holding the same figure, my price here is roughly 13% off sticker and then with all the incentives that gets me to 18% off sticker. 22% would be $51,102.

They also threw in this at the bottom of their message:

We'll present any offer you have to management...Talk to you soon, We're Dealin'!
I may have some more wiggle room with them. They are a mega-mall type place like Woodhouse is here in Ohio, not quite as big. Lots of inventory means they may be OK with moving inventory rather than holding on to it for more margin. However, they do not stock super dutys well.

I still don't like the moon/sun roof and the chrome package...

I will talk to the dealer that can order me one tomorrow and see if maybe I can order a special King Ranch minus some of the fixin's I don't want for about the same price as the other one he priced me.

Depending on how you look at it - buying a new vehicle can be a lot of fun or it can be a PAIN IN THE ****. I think I am in both positions. In the grande scheme of things I should never have been in this position to begin with. Life just had other writing on the wall and here I am. Time isn't on my side and I am not real sure how I am going to pull this off the way I want to, but I need to make the best of the situation. Theres at least light at the end of the tunnel.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 698 Likes on 452 Posts
From that quote, sounds like you are dealing with Ricart...

Did you ever ensure that you still get your sales tax paid if you wait longer than 30 days?

Old 02-06-2011, 10:10 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Steve

I have Z plan privileges and bought my $59000 truck for just under $50000. That sounds like a great deal on that King Ranch.

Regards

Old 02-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 698 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by rickatic
I have Z plan privileges and bought my $59000 truck for just under $50000. That sounds like a great deal on that King Ranch.

Regards
But remember, incentives were different back then. A great deal back then is a mediocre deal today, I'd expect the dealer to match your Z-plan price minus the difference between rebates.

Rebates are $1,000-3,000 higher now than they were when we bought ours.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:05 AM
KC8QVO
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by Crazy001
From that quote, sounds like you are dealing with Ricart...
Aren't they a hoot to deal with? If I can get in there and work the deal without them dropping to their knees and clinging my leg begging me to buy the truck if I don't like the way the numbers look I'll be in good shape.

I made myself a note to call the insurance company today. I'll let you know what they say. I need to ask them about a couple other things too.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:41 AM
Marauder92V
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by KC8QVO
Well I got another offer today. King Ranch F350 with all the fixin's - 11 days on the lot, $65,515 sticker, down to $53,587 (plus fees as they say, and if I finance through Ford to get the extra $1000). I told that dealer I am putting together my order at the other dealer and if they could shoot me a price just to see if they are even in the ballgame then I would at least consider it. So far things look fairly promising.

They did mention their price was $643 over invoice = $57,087. Subtracting off the $2500 rebate and $1000 for Ford financing gets to the $53,587.

Going off of some figures brought up in the other thread I had it seems mark-up could be as much as 22%. Holding the same figure, my price here is roughly 13% off sticker and then with all the incentives that gets me to 18% off sticker. 22% would be $51,102.

They also threw in this at the bottom of their message:

I may have some more wiggle room with them. They are a mega-mall type place like Woodhouse is here in Ohio, not quite as big. Lots of inventory means they may be OK with moving inventory rather than holding on to it for more margin. However, they do not stock super dutys well.

I still don't like the moon/sun roof and the chrome package...

I will talk to the dealer that can order me one tomorrow and see if maybe I can order a special King Ranch minus some of the fixin's I don't want for about the same price as the other one he priced me.

Depending on how you look at it - buying a new vehicle can be a lot of fun or it can be a PAIN IN THE ****. I think I am in both positions. In the grande scheme of things I should never have been in this position to begin with. Life just had other writing on the wall and here I am. Time isn't on my side and I am not real sure how I am going to pull this off the way I want to, but I need to make the best of the situation. Theres at least light at the end of the tunnel.
Sounds like you are making good progress. I agree, this can be a pain, but if you are motivated to finding a good deal and more importantly, will only settle for what you want, this is the only way to go.

I always found it easiest to put everything in a spreadsheet with a column for "Dealer Price" and let them provide me the final price. In addition to a transportation charge, you will also see a marketing charge in the $600+ range and a fuel charge for roughly the price of a full fill-up from empty.

I think you also asked about the PTO option. Unless you are planning on using it, the only value it potentially has is at resale. It is mainly targeted at the guys who use it for winches, snowplow hydraulics, air compressors and generators. The transmission is used to drive a hydraulic setup that in turn drives the optional accessory.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:06 PM
KC8QVO
Cargo Master
I talked to the dealer today that can order what I want. He reccomends the snowplow prep as it gives me the heavy duty alternator in addition to the heavy service springs up front. He also mentioned that the 5th wheel/gooseneck prep was only available on a long bed? I don't think thats correct.

Something I asked about, also, is whether or not a King Ranch can be ordered WITHOUT the moon/sun roof. From what this dealer says it isn't possible, but he didn't give a reason other than the moon/sun roof is standard with the KR package. Does anyone know differently? Is there any code that could be used to "delete" the moon/sun roof option?

Old 02-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
I know you can get the fifth wheel prep in a short box. I don't know if you can delete the moonroof on a KR.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:29 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts
The April 2010 order guide I have is obviously outdated but I can't find where is states the moonroof is standard on the KR.
It is very possible it has changed in newer revisions.

In the optional equipment, KR section, Key interior options, the moonroof category is marked as "O" indicating an option.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:35 PM
KC8QVO
Cargo Master
Yeah I just built one on the Ford website. It also gave me the moon roof as an option. It also allowed me to pick the 5th wheel/gooseneck option on a short bed.

I'll have to dig in to this a bit more and see what the dealer says. I'll shoot over the summary from my online build for him to look over.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
I looked under interiors when I built one on the website. It's under exterior. My bad.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:37 PM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by KC8QVO
I talked to the dealer today that can order what I want. He reccomends the snowplow prep as it gives me the heavy duty alternator in addition to the heavy service springs up front. He also mentioned that the 5th wheel/gooseneck prep was only available on a long bed? I don't think thats correct.

Something I asked about, also, is whether or not a King Ranch can be ordered WITHOUT the moon/sun roof. From what this dealer says it isn't possible, but he didn't give a reason other than the moon/sun roof is standard with the KR package. Does anyone know differently? Is there any code that could be used to "delete" the moon/sun roof option?
There's a KR on a l