Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is this?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 03:36 AM
jpcnorthwood
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is this?

I just found this hanging when I was looking at my EGR connections. Where does this go?

Old 02-05-2011, 04:25 AM
Gregallen
Junior User
On the inline thiers about 5 conecters bolted to the valve over under the egr it may be one of them or it could be a plug thatis used on a differnt model that yours does not use that just finally came into view

Old 02-05-2011, 02:17 PM
jpcnorthwood
Senior User
Any other opinions? I don't see a place to plug into the EGR or any other plugs anywhere near it. I was thinking it was for something else too.

Old 02-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Bowtie_Schmowtie
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It doesn't plug into the EGR...

Look at the back of the valve cover on the drivers side, near your fuel lines. There is a plate that is bolted to the valve cover and has several connectors on it. On my '90, there are three...a large gray one, a small black one, and a small gray one. The small gray one is at the very back, and that is where I think that connector goes on your truck.

It could very well be that it isn't used on your truck, but it looks way too clean to have been just hanging since it was made.

Double check those plugs on the valve cover and let us know for sure. The only other plug I see on mine which is that size is on the IAC, at the top of the throttle body...but it is black.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:23 PM
jpcnorthwood
Senior User
I will get back into it tomorrow after work but before the super bowl. I didn't look at it today, the Wife and kids needed some attention. Tomorrow is a new day and everyone is happy right now. I should be able to spend the afternoon outside and the evening drinking and watching the game.