6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Anyone know what % mark-up there is over invoice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 07:10 PM
barneyrealestate
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about Canadian Dealers?

Originally Posted by GoFastMav
For Ford trucks, generally List price is 10% more than the invoice on the base model... This can change due to options though. There is more than a 10% markup on say an XLT, Lariat or King Ranch due to options. All options have more than 10% markup in them. The more options, the greater the spread will be above the baseline 10% markup...

Ford dealers get paid 3% of the invoice price (aka "holdback") to sell you the vehicle. Keep in mind that the dealer has to make money also. They have to pay what is called a "floorplan" fee. Ford gives the dealer 60 days to sell the vehicle, after 60 days the dealer has to pay interest to Ford based on the invoice price... Also include salesman's compensation, detailing, dealership costs etc.

X-plan is 1.5% over invoice... (somebody who supplies Ford with a product to make the vehicles such as Dana or Air Products)

Z-plan is around invoice and is available to Blue Oval Certified dealership employees...

A-plan is a direct Ford employee and they can buy 2 vehicles a year at about 5% under invoice...

Incentives and rebates have nothing to do with the invoice price, just the bottom line. There may or may not be un-advertised incentives available to dealers to sell you a certain model. Only the dealer knows.

Most dealers will let you retail order (look for OT-1 on the window sticker) for about $500 over invoice since they know they won't be paying a floorplan fee, due to the fact that the buyer is anxious to come pick their truck up... If you're looking for a better deal, look on the lot for a vehicle that has been there for more than 60 days. The dealer is paying a floorplan fee on that vehicle and will be anxious to get rid of it. Some models though, which are hot sellers like an F350 Crew cab shortbed Lariat 4x4 diesel will command a higher price, because if you don't pay the higher price that the dealer commands, somebody else will!

Also, buy vehicles at the end of the month. Salesman's are closer to bonus and the region dealer data is calculated then. So if somebody wants to come out on top, they're definetly going to be more aggressive at the end of the month...

Dealers make their money on used vehicles, which is a whole other ball game lol.

I've sold vehicles for years, any other questions, PM me...

Do you have any experience with Canadian Dealers? Are their incentives and Invoice prices similar in percentages to the US dealers?

Thanks for any help

Old 04-01-2013, 11:57 PM
doublenot7
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sandyc
Don't really know for sure, but have a generally good guess.

He said most vehicles were at 22% +/- depending on how fast the car makers wanted results. With that in mind, a 60K (MSRP) would cost a dealer about 46.8K. Invoice (what they show you) would be about 50.4K or 16% off MSRP (this would probably include incentives) or some where's close to that. .

Sounds fairly accurate in my experience; my F250 was $58K and some change MSRP, my price was $45K even (that is what I told the dealer my limit I was willing to pay). Dealer was stuck at the 47K price and refused to drop. Salesperson stepped in and reminded them this was my third new vehicle purchase in 2 years from them. Dealer dropped and matched my price. I went back and bought another vehicle to replace my wife's Jeep.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:24 PM
barneyrealestate
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great

Originally Posted by doublenot7
Sounds fairly accurate in my experience; my F250 was $58K and some change MSRP, my price was $45K even (that is what I told the dealer my limit I was willing to pay). Dealer was stuck at the 47K price and refused to drop. Salesperson stepped in and reminded them this was my third new vehicle purchase in 2 years from them. Dealer dropped and matched my price. I went back and bought another vehicle to replace my wife's Jeep.
Thanks for the reply. I am new to the board and did not have time to read all of the wonderful postings. Great site. Thanks very much.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:56 PM
MIKE1646
Laughing Gas
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
What would be a realistic price to pay for a 2013 F250 Platinum with a MSRP of $65k?