Testing..... For Testing Signatures, Avatars, Etc.

vheicle has no spark while cranking

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 03:12 PM
jose_mono00
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vheicle has no spark while cranking

I have a 93 E350 cut away cab chassis with a box on the back one day i was driving the and it shut off while driving and wouldnt start back up. It was until it cool down that the vheicle started up while i had the van down i decide it to do a tune up to see if the coil was the cause of the problem. I replaced the coil, ICM, spark plugs, cap and rotor. I start the van and ran fine but it shut down when it got hot it will only crank but no start. I saw had a little play on the rotor when i wiggle it and decide it to replace the distributor. I got a reman distributor and installed it and the the van ran and the vheicle still shut down when it warm up. I was reading that some of the threads online and found that the ECM could be the cause of all the conditions and i found a place were they sell reman ECMs so i decide it to get one there. When i Installed it the van ran fine cold and hot and seem that eveything was good. But about a week later the the van shut off but wont start I was checking for spark and found that there was no spark while cranking but a sudden spark when i would let go of the ignition key. I was wondering if anyone has encounter the same thing or has heard anything of this???? Could it be that the ECM is gone bad????

Old 02-15-2011, 01:19 PM
jose_mono00
New User
FOund a reman ECM from a friend and the ECM is good I bought it from him and tried it on the van and the problem persist

Old 02-15-2011, 07:33 PM
76ranger
Senior User
you are in the wrong section there is a section specific to vans try there, this area is to test new parts of your online account

Old 02-15-2011, 07:57 PM
F-series Fan
Senior User
bad ignition module (defective) make sure mounting surface is clean and proper conduct ant is used for installation,also check ground straps, block and block to body.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:43 AM
jose_mono00
New User
I couldnt find any ground straps on the block to the frame but i was able to find one ground next to the battery so i cleaned that one and just ran a ground wire from the block to the battery ground. Ill check the ICM.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:49 PM
jose_mono00
New User
I found that the stator that came with the rebuild distribitor was defected and bu repalacing the stator the vheicle started with no problem

Old 02-25-2011, 07:32 PM
F-series Fan
Senior User
glad you got it fixed