Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 F150 lift?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 07:52 PM
dsnider42
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 F150 lift?

I am looking to lift my 95 F150. I am new to the truck modding world so I don't know a whole lot about it. I was told that if I put a leveling kit on it I could fit 32x11.5's onto the stock 15x7.5 rims. How true is this. I am looking to lift it a few inches and widen the stance. I don't have the money to go crazy on the lift and tires right now. What would you suggest I do with it? would it be better to hold off and put a full suspension lift on it? Should I go with add-a-leafs or just buy whole new leafs? I am in desperate need of some guidance to get me started off.

Here's the specs:

1995 F150 4x4 SuperCab 4.9L inline 6

Everything on the truck is stock right now. Don't laugh at me...its purple and grey. The truck looks really good and was VERY well taken care of. There are a few very light spots of surface rust that I plan on fixing as soon as I get it home (in the next 3-5 days). The motor is dirty, as one would expect, but there is absolutely no evidence of any leaking fluids or bad seals. The thing looks and runs GREAT! I'll have the money this weekend to bring it home. Possibly as early as tomorrow depending on the mail man delivering my check on time. HAHA.

So can you guys offer me some guidance on what to do with it as far as a lift is concerned? What are the biggest tires that I could fit on the stock rims without going too crazy with the lift. I'd like to keep to a leveling kit or a small 2 or 3 inch suspension lift if I can. If its not worth it I'll drop the money for the big kit...

Also, the truck has a broken coil spring right now but it felt VERY heavy and clumsy to steer. Is this normal for this year and model or is it the spring causing the steering to feel that way? Is there a way to make the steering feel a bit lighter?

Thanks for all your help!!!

Dan

Old 01-12-2011, 09:44 PM
TexasGuy001
Hotshot
Received 205 Likes on 165 Posts
I kinda like that purpleish color. I think its called saphire blue.

You can run 32 11.50 tires with no lift at all. Thats what I would do. It keeps things simple.

If you go with much bigger tires, you may want to regear the differentails.