6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van
View Poll Results: Have you had any major problems with your 6.0L diesel?
No, I have not had any major problems with my 6.0L diesel.
76.40%
Yes, I have had major problems with my 6.0L diesel.
23.60%
Voters: 627. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: How many people are happy with 6.0L?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 04:09 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But in my case, I didn't come here to post problems, I came here to learn about the new behomoth I had and how to make it better....
Unfortunately we DID have problems with ours, but Ford is doing the right thing and offering to replace ours 02 Ex PSD....

Don't know their logic behind it, but it is the right thing to do !!!

Maybe my different attitude than I normally carry into those situations helped... Usually I would let my "hot-blooded heritage" take over and go screaming and yelling to GET IT FIXED...
this time I just kept my documentation on everything and approached the dealerships and their personnel with the attitude of "Come on guys, let's get the straight" and "What would YOU expect if it were yours?"... and sure enough it paid off !!!

I've always said, it's not IF things go wrong, it's when things go wrong how the problem is handled after the fact that tells you more about the company (or persons involved) than anything...

Atta Boy, Ford... you done good !

Now - let's go find a replacement Ex...

Old 03-12-2003, 04:09 PM
renbats
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy POLL: How many people are happy with 6.0L?

Picked up my new F350 6.0 Crew Cab. on Feb 25...Drove 1,000 miles and loved it...Now its been in the shop going on 5 days..I heard a miss in the engine around 2000 rpms...tech stated it showed a bad injector in the #7 cylinder. Had to wait for Ford to Fed Ex a replacement injector....Advised today that the service manager test drove it and THAT injector is bad.......Waiting to hear from service now......Very interesting......I'm hoping that this injector thing is my only problem..I love the truck but I guess only time will tell....The engine and transmission are warrantied (?) till 100,000 miles so there is a comfort factor there , but who needs the hassel.......??

Old 03-12-2003, 09:20 PM
Tennesseepowerstroke
Laughing Gas
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Mine was built on February 20 and I have not had any problems to speak of. A couple of times on a warm restart it has had an uneven idle for a few seconds and I can easily live with this. This truck should have the second type ICP and I understand there is a third type on the way. So far it is an excellent truck from all aspects.

Old 03-13-2003, 12:49 AM
bforrest
New User

what's an ICP? and how does it affect engine performance?
Received my F-250 Feb 21, have only 400 miles on it and so far so good. It is a good deal louder compared to the 7.3 of my neighbor's espcecially as someone else noted before it warms up but I find it louder in general.

Old 03-13-2003, 06:08 AM
renbats
New User

The mechanic working on my truck said yesterday that I had the correct ICP but he said the same thing, a new one was on the way and that I would be notified about the change.....ICP stands for Injection Control Pressure,,,,Thats what the mechanic told me ...I'm not a mechanic but simply but if Iunderstood him correctly, it has to do with the pressure that goes into the injectors.... I think theses things will be straightened out in the long run and all will be fine .......

Old 03-13-2003, 08:27 AM
timntools
New User

I had an injector prob at around 1000 miles myself. Got my truck back the next day, Ford is supposed to have a 24 hour emergency parts order program running now. Other than that, I love my truck. My business partner has the exact same dually '03 crew cab 4x4 but with the last run of the 7.3's. We raced both unloaded and with a 10000lb trackhoe loaded on a gooseneck and both times I lead by a sizable difference and all the while getting better fuel milage, and much quieter ride. No regrets here at all. And just checked an email from DiabloSportChips and they said the Predator will be available for 6.0 in April. Sorry Dodge! hehe

Old 03-13-2003, 05:28 PM
renbats
New User
Talking POLL: How many people are happy with 6.0L?

Got the truck back today.....Tech assured me it ran fine on the test drive he AND the service manager took.....Well it is running like a raped ape again! I'm back in love , LOL

Old 03-14-2003, 11:39 AM
dman01
Senior User

Originally posted by timntools
And just checked an email from DiabloSportChips and they said the Predator will be available for 6.0 in April. Sorry Dodge! hehe
whats that mean there already is a fueling box out for the 03 CTD's

Old 03-14-2003, 08:39 PM
TxColt
New User

I took my 7.3 home on a Friday night for a test ride before I bought it (i'm good friends with the dealer). The next morning, before I even signed the papers, I thought I had dropped an injector. Smoked like hell and wouldn't hardly run. After the dealership drove 2 hrs to pick it up, and a days labor on it, it turns out the ******* at a full-service station I stopped at put supreme in my Stroker. AND IT WAS RUNNING WHEN HE FILLED IT UP!!!

I have nothing but great things to say about my 7.3. It has surpassed all expectations. I do need to give some of the credit to superchips, though...

Old 03-14-2003, 10:17 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since Ford has offered us a replacement for our 02 Ex 7.3 limited cause of the turbo and tranny failure among other things... We've test drvien some of the 03 6 liters... and WOW was I impressed... even took a nice new 4x4 thru a mud bog... never got stuck at all... couldn't believe the salesmen told me to do that... I protested cause I didn't want to do that to "somebodies" truck!!!
but he insisted... so...
we were right next to the dealership and we all had cell phones if we got stuck... but MAN somebody had a clean up job to do on that truck...
and actually by the time we had left the dealership it was clean...
Really nice truck, but don't know if I want to swing for the extra 5k for the 4x4 when I'll never use it.... But it did sit nice and rode much differently than my 4x2...

food for thought...
Ken, Is there a microtuner for the 6 liter yet???

Old 03-15-2003, 03:20 PM
dman01
Senior User

I would get the 4x4. My opinion is that is you use the 4wd one time then it is worth the money. I have had many 2x4 and will never have one again unless I was on the road 100% of the time.
Just my 2cents

Old 03-18-2003, 09:45 AM
timntools
New User
Talking POLL: How many people are happy with 6.0L?

"food for thought...
Ken, Is there a microtuner for the 6 liter yet???"

Just to jump in if I may...Quadzilla had a flip module for the 6.0 which offers 70/115 HP 155/260ft lbs upgrades (rear wheel #'s). That'll help keep them dodges in your rear view.

Old 03-18-2003, 08:03 PM
Sam Wactor
Junior User

I don't know. look at this site and decide for yourself!

Old 03-19-2003, 12:11 AM
hitecdan
Elder User

2,200 miles and working as advertised, very happy with the new truck.

Old 03-19-2003, 09:32 AM
hitecdan
Elder User

Check out the other posts where folks are far more vocal about problems.

Quick Reply: POLL: How many people are happy with 6.0L?