6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

My first service

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 11:41 PM
Scootimus
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool My first service

Ok, so the truck hit @ 7500 and was calling for some fluid changes. Today I took it into the dealership for the first service which was free. I have also been waiting on an EGR valve that's been on nation wide backorder and a bed liner since Oct. When I get there they told me the EGR was not in yet but the oil change and bed liner install will take about an hour.

Two hours later they come to inform me that the EGR valve was here and they were installing it as we spoke, that's why it was taking a little longer. But they would not be able to install my bed liner due to my recently installed camper shell. They could not remove the shell due to liability, I would have to remove it and bring the truck back to have the liner installed. Now I'm starting to get aggravated. I'm waiting for the tech to pull my truck up and I ask the service person to clarify that all I needed to do was remove the shell and bring the truck in. As we are speaking about this the tech walks in and drops off my keys. He overhears the conversation and says that the truck can't have a bed liner due to the Master lock system in the bed. Sh@t!

Apparently you can't have the Master lock and the bedliner. Granted, I didn't really care to have the factory bed liner but it was already in the price of the truck so I let it be. Now that I can't have it I had to demand my $399 back. After 15 minutes of people trying to figure this out I was told a check would be mailed to me within a couple days.

After all of this I ask the service person some information about the oil change and other services. I tried to find out how much DEF the truck took. Mind you, I've put 7800 miles on the truck and have not seen one REGEN message and the low DEF message has not showed itself. They couldn't give me a print out or any information and the tech had left for lunch during the 15 minutes we went back and forth trying to get the refund for the bed liner. I finally grabbed my keys and told them to have a nice life and that I would not be bringing my truck back into their dealership again. In the 2 months that I've owned this truck I have visited them 4 times and had nothing accomplished until the last visit.

One good thing that came of this trip is they left half a container of DEF in the bed of the truck. Of course I don't know if the truck took 1.25 gal or 3.75 gal of DEF but atleast now I have the handy dandy Motocraft fill spout.

Oh and I asked about any flash updates and they said that the truck had all the latest updates. Of course I'm very skeptical that they actually know what the hell they are talking about. I will be taking it to a different dealer from now on and hopefully get treated a little better.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:49 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
this is why i never buy new vehicles.. i swear dealing with them morons would put me in the grave early, and im a easy going kinda guy.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:10 AM
zcellis3
Senior User
I feel your pain. I had my truck in for a transmission issue and 4 weeks later I got it back......with a different transmission problem!! Next trip in to have them look at it for this new problem they had it for 4 days and said it was all fixed up. Very first long drive I found the problem to still be there and they told me there was nothing they could do because it was within the limits set by Ford even thou it's not right. It has turned out to be a nightmare!!! Luckly I am on my way to a resolution by bypassing the dealership!!

Old 12-29-2010, 12:12 AM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by b-uno
this is why i never buy new vehicles.. i swear dealing with them morons would put me in the grave early, and im a easy going kinda guy.

Well, not all dealers have problems or don't care. Now there are some bad ones out there.
I don't have any issues with the dealer I use and if I do they know they'll hear from me and expect whatever issue to be resolved.
Some issues require the pain of working with FoMoCo so any dealer will be limited there.
If I was in the market for a new vehicle, I would find a dealer that I knew I could work with.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:06 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Where are you scootimus? I see you have SC in your public profile. I can tell you that if you can come to Greenwood, I'll take you to a fantastic dealer and service dept.

Seriously, if you really want to get your truck the way it needs to be, with no worries, PM me.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:17 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Scootimus
Apparently you can't have the Master lock and the bedliner. Granted, I didn't really care to have the factory bed liner but it was already in the price of the truck so I let it be. Now that I can't have it I had to demand my $399 back. After 15 minutes of people trying to figure this out I was told a check would be mailed to me within a couple days.
You need a new dealer. I have the factory bed liner with the master lock. I can take pictures for you tonight if needed.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:19 AM
Scootimus
Junior User
Well you can chalk this up to a lesson learned. I purchased my f-150 back in 05 from a small dealer close to home. Never had 1 issue with them and only had to take the truck in 2 times during the almost 6 years of owning it. I went to a larger dealership cause they had more selection when it came to the 250. Well next time I will go to the small one and order the truck instead of dealing with the bigger guy.

Ruschejj, I'm in Moncks Corner which is just outside of Charleston. Thanks for the offer but Greenwood is a bit of a hike for an oil change.