Anyone own a small utility trailer in MA? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Massachusetts Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: donjamer

Anyone own a small utility trailer in MA?

Old 12-19-2010, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

WhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant futureWhlM1 has a brilliant future
Anyone own a small utility trailer in MA?

Im looking at buying one, but I dont know the ins and outs of ownership. Do I have to get a plate for it? Insurance? Inspections?

I was thinking of picking up a 4x8'. Thanks
Old 12-19-2010, 07:19 AM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
Hey Rich...I believe the answers to your questions are yes...yes...and...yes...in that order!!! Good luck!!!
Old 12-19-2010, 06:48 PM

megawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputation
You do have to register it Rich a small one like that should not need an inspection. It is covered by the insurance of the vehicle that is towing it. I have a 6x10 that I actually just brought to my mothers to store for the winter.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:43 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

donjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputation
I just registered a 24' car hauler and it does not need inspection..

All you need is register and insurance.. Plus don't forget the sales tax and $75 title fee..
Old 12-20-2010, 07:26 PM
New User

RMTJ05 is starting off with a positive reputation.
trailers are covered under the insurance policy of the vehicle towing it. They do not need inspections (as far as I know) I have owned mine for about a year and have not gotten an inspection. None of the guys in my wheeling group have had to have their trailers inspected.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Senior User

glennemay is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have to concur. State of Massachusetts does not require insurance on trailers sub 10,000 lbs. You do have to register it however.

Word to the wise for you. I don't know what the use for your trailer will be. But if you are going to be on the highway for any time I suggest the largest tires you can find. This will save your hubs.. Speaking of trailer hubs..... Don't forget to grease them yearly.

Glenn
Old 01-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Postmaster

chrlsful has a good reputation on FTE.chrlsful has a good reputation on FTE.chrlsful has a good reputation on FTE.
2X the 15" tires, no matter the trailer size, if going on road (likewise off rd due to obstructions not speed). Almost daily on the grease if a "boat" trailer due to backin into the H20.
Must have a plate mount, B, T & "nite" llghts 4 on rd as well. Fenders I made from corrigated rd conduit. They were metal, galvie and 1/2 round...what the heck, wrks!

op, ol thread, slo nite, oh well too late...