1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Advertising SPAM in the Private Mail

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 05:04 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,114 Likes on 2,173 Posts
Originally Posted by Carlene
You guys don't want me to post another picture, now do you????
yes, please do.

but how about a boobie shot this time??

Old 12-22-2010, 05:53 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 765 Likes on 375 Posts
Originally Posted by tjc transport
yes, please do.

but how about a boobie shot this time??
WHOA!!! based on her last picture, a boobie shot would give us all nightmares.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:05 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 765 Likes on 375 Posts
Originally Posted by ibuzzard
Joe, sir, requesting permission to use that second photo for my new avatar.(Please?) Actually, could you ask your 6-year old?And come to think of it,tonight being the Winter Solstice,is that some kind of total lunar eclipse?LOL

Steve
I could commission some pictures from her, she is getting a cheap digital camera of her own for Christmas. She went from that picture closer and closer until she had a shot of a square of blue jean.

Originally Posted by 56panelford
I like the red chair in the photo Your six year old has a sense of humor too, don't she.
Yes, she is a mess, I will be interested to see what happens with her as she gets older. The other two I'm not too worried about..maybe...

Originally Posted by arrowheadfred
Thats were the 6 year old sits when dad is working and ask the question that all 6 year olds ask. WHY DADDY lol lol
Actually I sat in it the other day right after I removed the engine, transmission, and front axle and leaf springs. I looked at the empty frame and asked "What am I doing?" You guys are going to help me put it all back together, right? I'm definitely a noob when it comes to this, so I have lots of pictures and everything tagged and bagged.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:59 AM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 727 Likes on 259 Posts
I've been on here a loooong time. I've been to two world's (appropriate apostrophe) fairs and a goat breeding.... I ain't never seen a thread like this one. Please Carlene, IBAdrian... anybody !!!! make it stop !!!!!!!!!

I miss George and Fenders...

j

Old 12-22-2010, 07:06 AM
BACAGrizz
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
San Francisco blondes and stuff.

You know, the grammar and spelling don't bother me like they used to. I got in trouble at work one time for helping someone with spelling and grammar. They were talking about a 'credenza' (furniture) and used the word 'cadenza' (musical term). I tried to explain it to her and all she could say was; "But I used spell check." It wasn't misspelled, it was just the wrong word and she was too ignorant to know that. My mistake was in using the word ignorant to someone who was ignorant of it's proper definition. It only means a lack of knowledge. There are many things I am ignorant of.

Most of the time I know what they are trying to say and if I don't I usually figure it out pretty quickly.

WD-40 is Water Displacement - formula number 40. One of the ingredients, and the reason why it works so well on lures, is fish oil! Go figure.

Answer to the joke - Blondes in San Francisco don't wear mini skirts because their ***** would hang out!!!

I am thoroughly enjoying this thread. It's fun to be on this board again. I appreciate that no one is attacking me or anyone else (other than the occasional tirade on Julie/Dan) and trying to espouse their ideas and opinions as gospel.

Hope you Californians are staying dry and your houses are not moving. Just saw a news shot of a house in AZ getting washed down stream.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:20 AM
jim collins
Cargo Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, it's hard to believe this is still going . I said in post #41, "lets keep it going' i never expected this. Everybody must be having fun . I keep checking in just to see what subject it's on. JIM

Old 12-22-2010, 07:46 AM
Walston
Cargo Master

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by jniolon

j
Me too!!!!

Old 12-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Cooter55
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Harrier

Actually I sat in it the other day right after I removed the engine, transmission, and front axle and leaf springs. I looked at the empty frame and asked "What am I doing?" You guys are going to help me put it all back together, right? I'm definitely a noob when it comes to this, so I have lots of pictures and everything tagged and bagged.

I understand that feeling exactly. Going to the Darkside makes it even worse. Sometimes I stand there staring at the frame rails wondering what I've got myself into. I've built several race cars but this is a whole new experience...

As a Newbie, I offered an answer to a post that I had some technical expertise in and was critiqued by the "julie". After that, I just decided to sit back and go it on my own. Now I might be more inclined to participate.

Being relatively new, regarding this thread, I've been just sitting back and taking it all in. It's like a combination of a bad soap opera, family reunion, lovefest, and public lynching. But I've learned a lot about several of the older members.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:36 AM
Walston
Cargo Master

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Cooter55
It's like a combination of a bad soap opera, family reunion, lovefest, and public lynching. But I've learned a lot about several of the older members.
Well Said.

To me the purpose of the forum is to share experiences,..... some good, ......some bad. This should be able to be done without being publicly ridiculed for not answering the question exactly as "insert name" thought it should have been answered. It is intended to be a discussion and if we treat each other respectfully, we all learn in the end. Disagreement is good, we all learn from disagreement, but we don't need to ridicule.

All of us have the stresses of life to deal with and we all go through periods of adversity, sometimes severe adversity and to me this forum was a way to escape from the stresses and adversities of life for a while.

At work oftentimes the problems don't have solutions, or the solutions are not within my span of control - this can be very stressful. So I always enjoy working on these old trucks because it gives me problems that CAN be solved. I can look back at the progress, no matter how slow and get a feeling of satisfaction, not only from doing the work, but from the friendships and teamwork gathered from here.

The last couple of years this place has been less inviting and I for one have participated less. I hope as we go forward, we can reinvigorate the atmosphere of teamwork and respect that has been damaged.

I always enjoy helping and being helped, without all the drama and ridicule.

I wish you all very joy filled and peaceful holidays!

[stepping down off my soapbox]

Old 12-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts
Nicely put Walston.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:46 AM
Fomoko1
Received 1,354 Likes on 1,113 Posts
Well said Walston, worth a rep point!

Old 12-22-2010, 09:05 AM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 332 Likes on 256 Posts
Originally Posted by jniolon
I've been on here a loooong time. I've been to two world's (appropriate apostrophe) fairs and a goat breeding.... I ain't never seen a thread like this one. Please Carlene, IBAdrian... anybody !!!! make it stop !!!!!!!!!

j
I'll bet the goat breeding came close

Old 12-22-2010, 09:10 AM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 727 Likes on 259 Posts
good points all Walston

I've noticed also that the board has changed over the last couple of years... don't know if it's related to IB and the changes they've added or a change in the membership... but I remember more comradarie, willingness to help and cordiality.

Maybe it's just the next generation... but the problems we've had of late haven't been with the 'kids' on the board... wish I could offer a solution but I don't have one readily available... except maybe... "act like your momma taught you" or the "do unto others" rule... that always seems to work if everyone plays fair.

'course, some of today's mommas didn't/don't teach/enforce the things my momma taught.

I sometimes wonder when I see confrontation on the forums (wherever they are ) if the persons causing the friction are the same way in person and in personal conversation... I suppose some are but the screen/keyboard gives a certain anonymity to those that wish to impress/bully/belittle/embarrass others. The forums tend to be just a written script for real life I guess.. but sometimes (like life) its damn frustrating and other times it's the best time you can have... (soapbox kicked back under table). It gives one pause.

Merry Christmas you bunch of misfits !!! and a happy New Year !

later
John

Maybe the send button should actually be a pause/reread/send button.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:12 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,843 Likes on 1,842 Posts
Wow! After going back and reading this post from the beginning I can pick out a few trends;
1. The "julie" persona was helpful to a lot of people
2. The "julie" persona drove a lot of people away or othewise intimidated them from posting regularly
3. The "julie" persona was a moody maniac wo attacked people openly and in PM's

I have been the target of her/his tirades on more than one occasion (of course I instigated several of them...LOL) I couldn't help it, whenever I saw him/her make a slip I liked to point it out. A few weeks ago I bantered back and forth with him/her about her latest tirade towards me in my old "Picture Time" thread (which ended up getting that thread shut down--permanently this time)

To all of those who have kept quiet for fear of belittlement by her/him....Welcome back!
Bobby

Old 12-22-2010, 09:17 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,135 Likes on 2,657 Posts
You've got me thinking John, I try to be humorous at times and it may come across as in bad taste to some or to the person it is addressed to but in all honesty it is never to put anyone down. In my little world everyone here is my friend.

Quick Reply: Advertising SPAM in the Private Mail