Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Begging for Help Once Again! :-)

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Drivend
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Begging for Help Once Again! :-)

Again, let me state that this site is awesome and the members are fantastic. However, I believe it has come time for me to get a FSM. I struck out on ebay looking for a CD/DVD. Anyone know where to get the real thing cheap?

The truck has been doing pretty well, by the way. Starts, unplugged, when cold and has decent power. I did single shots, DP tuner, exhaust, and intake.

Working on electrical issues. Finally got the cruise and horn working. A word to the wise, have a heavy duty puller when pulling the steering wheel to replace the clock spring!! Bent the **** out of two cheap pullers from Advanced, lol. Anyway, I'm trying to get the dome light working. I really need a schematic of the whole circuit. #14 fuse is good, no power at the bulb, no cargo light, doesn't work with door open or with the dimmer switch. Wires look very bad at the dome light itself. Is there a connection in that harness where the headliner meets the windsheild? I already replaced the relay. Is there a procedure for testing the plug where the relay plugs in?

Any and all help is alway appreciated. You guys have helped me immeasurably over the past year, by searching previous posts alone!

Old 12-13-2010, 07:54 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Question 1: What the heck is a FSM?

Question 2: What year is your truck. They changed the wiring around in 02 so schematics may vary.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:23 PM
woodnthings
Cargo Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Ford Service Manual

Old 12-13-2010, 08:58 PM
twags6
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Or Factory Service Manual.

I checked some of his other posts and he's got a 2001. When you say the wires look bad, do you mean melted?

Old 12-13-2010, 09:06 PM
jeronlines
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Drivend
Again, let me state that this site is awesome and the members are fantastic. However, I believe it has come time for me to get a FSM. I struck out on ebay looking for a CD/DVD. Anyone know where to get the real thing cheap?

Any and all help is alway appreciated. You guys have helped me immeasurably over the past year, by searching previous posts alone!
These guys here are better than any manual. I say do as I recently did (this one case only ) and become a supporter! Best $60 you could spend (3 yr deal).

Old 12-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 98 Likes on 54 Posts
I "inherited" a set of 1999 FSM's from a friend's father who passed away. Not sure how to get a new set but maybe PARTSGUYED.com () would have a line on some. Send Ed a msg through his website and see what he has to say. Heck there's part numbers on them thar books.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:20 PM
twags6
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ebay is probably the cheapest way to go. Helm Inc sells the ford FSM's, but they aren't cheap for the paper copies, 220 for the 2 book set and 170 for the cd.

Helm Incorporated: Search Results

Old 12-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Deluxe06
4000 rounds a min
Here's your Interior Lights Diagram. This is for a 2001.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Interior Lights.pdf (55.1 KB, 115 views)
Old 12-13-2010, 09:39 PM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Courtesy Lights 2000 Superduty with Remote Keyless Entry

Attached Images  
Old 12-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Drivend
Freshman User
Incredible!! I watch a movie, come back, and there's my schematic. I do need to become a supporter. You guys are the best!

Yeah, the wires have burnt insulation and cooper, or some black mess that used to be copper, exposed. Oddly, the fuse isn't bad, probably been replaced. Think I might be headed for a new GEM, whatever the hell that is. The diagram is great, I'll put my multi-meter on it tomorrow and hopefully trace the problem.

Sorry, my truck is a 2001. I should also put all that mess in my profile.

Still want to find a cheap Factory Service Manual, though. There was a post from 06, that some guy was selling them on ebay for like $25, but I cant find anything like that on ebay. What's there look like Haynes and Chilton junk.

Oh and while am being a post *****, does anyone know the name of the site that searches all the craigs lists for a certain item you're looking for. I need me a forged rod motor to rebuild. That and a John Woods Trans and LSD in the rear, air locker in the front and I'll have a mean truck,

I'm sooo freaking happy that the horn and the cruise are working. The number 1 and 3 relays were actually missing in the fuse box.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Drivend
Freshman User
Haha, there it is on the handy dandy schematic, it's a Generic Electronic Module. Well that clears that up

Old 12-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Oh and while am being a post *****, does anyone know the name of the site that searches all the craigs lists for a certain item you're looking for.
I found allofcraigs.com a few months ago. I use it to search nationally for parts for my 64 Falcon, aka "The Pelican."

Old 12-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Drivend
Freshman User
So, if I'm reading this right, the door switches are not depicted. They would be switching the ground to the GEM, just like the main light switch, correct?

And theoretically, if everything else is working properly, if I put a jumper across the switch terminals on the relay, my interior lights should come one, right?

Bear with me, I'm no electrical expert. It's my least favorite chore, actually. Thus the cruise and horn haven't worked for the past year and a half.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

I pulled the relay for my horn and my cruise went bye-bye. Maybe that helps.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:44 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Incredible!! I watch a movie, come back, and there's my schematic. I do need to become a supporter.
Yes you do.

So just do it, already!

Avoiding all the advertising is a nice side-benefit, and well-worth it!

Pop

Quick Reply: Begging for Help Once Again! :-)