Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BrakeMotive PowerStop Rotors for the Ex

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 10:39 AM
fgials
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any new updates on these rotors and pads?

Old 03-13-2011, 03:43 PM
9mpg
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TYZ78F150
Sambandit03,
How are these pads after 5k as far as dust and noise levels?

I have put 4k miles on them. Dust? What dust? I get a very light gray film after 1,000 miles. No black dust. No noise.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:55 AM
01EX
Senior User
Thanks for the update.
I have to do my fronts soon.
Thinking about these rotors and Hawk pads

Old 03-20-2011, 07:00 PM
TYZ78F150
Elder User
I just ordered mine from ebay today. Brakemotive didn't have the good deal anymore, so I went with brakeoverstock. $254, free shipping. Frt, and rear rotors and ceramic pads. I'll post back when I get them installed. I think I read on here that the caliper pins can sometimes be a PITA. Any suggestions for a smooth installation before I begin fellas?

Old 04-08-2011, 06:29 PM
01EX
Senior User
I just ordered mine from ebay today. Brakemotive didn't have the good deal anymore, so I went with brakeoverstock. $254, free shipping. Frt, and rear rotors and ceramic pads. I'll post back when I get them installed. I think I read on here that the caliper pins can sometimes be a PITA. Any suggestions for a smooth installation before I begin fellas?
Those pins can be difficult.
Try PB blaster.
Put flat side of pin in vise. try to move left to right.
If that doesn't work and you don't have heat then an air chisel with a flat blade against that flat part of pin outward away from pin holder.

PB blaster.
If you get it loose then use the pin with the rust on it to clean out bore of holder 1st till pin is loose in bore.
Then sand paper to pin,brake clean bore.
Autozone sells synethic brake lube.
Lube the pin alot/bore.

Maybe buy a brake kit hardware.

GOOD LUCK

Old 04-08-2011, 06:33 PM
01EX
Senior User
I purchased my front power stop rotors and Hawk(green) pads.
Everthing automotive.
$248 to my door.
I haven't had a chance to put them on yet.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:31 AM
TYZ78F150
Elder User
Thanks 01EX.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Xdaddy517
Freshman User
9mpg,
Small world. WC, PA represent! Maybe we've crossed paths and thought "hey, another Ex". Chances are better that you've seen my wife as the Ex is her daily armored, ankle-biter carrier. The Estate Green Limited with the little blonde riding the white line and scratching the **** out of the passenger side, and hammering the throttle on launches would be her.

Anyway, I think (or HOPE, considering I already committed to buy) I just picked up the same rotors and pads package you did from Brakemotive76. I can't quite tell because I can't see your exact eBay item from the link. I was just curious about a couple things: Did the rotors come in oem packaging and if so, were they branded PowerStop or is just the pads that are PowerStop? The ad would suggest that they're not PowerStop branded. I guess I'm not especially concerned about it, as I see your follow-up post is still favorable that it's a decent product. Anyway, I was hoping you'd be kind enough to clarify.

Cheers,
Will

Last edited by Xdaddy517; 04-11-2011 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Got poster's screen name wrong
Old 04-13-2011, 09:01 PM
9mpg
Senior User
Originally Posted by Xdaddy517
9mpg,
Small world. WC, PA represent! Maybe we've crossed paths and thought "hey, another Ex". Chances are better that you've seen my wife as the Ex is her daily armored, ankle-biter carrier. The Estate Green Limited with the little blonde riding the white line and scratching the **** out of the passenger side, and hammering the throttle on launches would be her.

Anyway, I think (or HOPE, considering I already committed to buy) I just picked up the same rotors and pads package you did from Brakemotive76. I can't quite tell because I can't see your exact eBay item from the link. I was just curious about a couple things: Did the rotors come in oem packaging and if so, were they branded PowerStop or is just the pads that are PowerStop? The ad would suggest that they're not PowerStop branded. I guess I'm not especially concerned about it, as I see your follow-up post is still favorable that it's a decent product. Anyway, I was hoping you'd be kind enough to clarify.

Cheers,
Will
Geez I took so long to write back you probably already got your pads and rotors in the mail (mine came FEDEX) by now. We see your wife all the time. We live very close to the hospital. The pads are Powerstop the rotors are Brakemotive. From the research I did it seems like they are a fairly large company with foundry and machining facilities. We just towed a 7800 lb travel trailer back from Ohio putting 1000 more miles on the brakes over the weekend and they are still doing awesome! (our EX rolled over to 100k on the way back too) I probably have 6k miles on them now. Last November I was thinking about ordering powerstop pads and rotors from summit for $370 PLUS shipping when my wife said "hey let me check ebay and see what i find." I am very happy with them.

One thing I will tell you: it takes a little more pedal pressure to stay stopped at red lights. (probably from the small loss of surface area where the drilled holes and slots are) When I first put them on I would find myself creeping forward until I got used to it.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Xdaddy517
Freshman User
Cool. Thanks for the comeback and good info! I'll probably get my mechanic to install them next week when they come in, as I see they shipped today from IL. Cheers!

Old 04-14-2011, 01:20 PM
BigPigDaddy
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Xdaddy517
The Estate Green Limited with the little blonde riding the white line and scratching the **** out of the passenger side, and hammering the throttle on launches would be her.
Sounds like your wife went to the same driving school my wife did!!

Old 04-15-2011, 12:49 AM
01EX
Senior User
I received the Hawk pads within 4 days of my order.
Everthing Automotive indicated I would see the rotors within a week.
1 week went by,another e-mail stated 1 more week.
I cancelled my order on the rotors.

I will be looking for another supplier for the rotors.
Any suggestions.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:06 AM
tims01
Elder User
just placed my order for 2wd rotors and pads about 4 hours ago .. cant wait to receive them

Old 04-15-2011, 07:00 AM
01EX
Senior User
Originally Posted by tims01
just placed my order for 2wd rotors and pads about 4 hours ago .. cant wait to receive them
Who did you purchase from?

Old 04-15-2011, 07:09 AM
01EX
Senior User
Seems like a good deal?

Did you get the parts yet?
How long did it take to get them?
How aqre the brakes now?

Did you do any resource on copmpany who made the parts?

Quick Reply: BrakeMotive PowerStop Rotors for the Ex